MI - Tamika Williams for abusing adopted kids, Warren, 2007

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Girls testify against adoptive mother in 'torture' case

Eight-year-old twin girls testified Friday that their adoptive mother hit, beat, burned and hanged them with an exercise device, cable cord and other items over about 1-1/2 years.

Upon questioning by Andary, the second girl said her reason for testifying was so she "won't have to go back" and live with Williams. Both girls have been living with a new family for about six months after they were removed from the Williams home on Toepfer Road on or about Nov. 16.

Their testimony is detailed in the article, but I won't post it here because some people would have a hard time reading it. What these girls went through and their bravery made me cry.

okay i couldnt read it all. those poor babies.
thats another one that needs to be sterilized.
i hope those girls are happy with their new family. they deserve as much happiness as they can get.

ummmmm, I need to hear the defense first.

I personally know of a few children that were raised by the system and are a product of it. Severe reactive attachment disorder, they can lie like you wouldn't believe and are smart and know how to manupulate the system and get what they want. These kids live to survive and have no meaningful connection to others. They are sociopaths in the making.

If these children were abused in ways they explain I would expect to see a scar or two.

I don't think they would bring a case based solely on the childrens testimony. I also have family that was brought up in the system and abused and I know other kids that grew up in foster care, none of them are sociopaths waiting to happen.

ummmmm, I need to hear the defense first.

I personally know of a few children that were raised by the system and are a product of it. Severe reactive attachment disorder, they can lie like you wouldn't believe and are smart and know how to manupulate the system and get what they want. These kids live to survive and have no meaningful connection to others. They are sociopaths in the making.

If these children were abused in ways they explain I would expect to see a scar or two.

What is it you think they are trying to get? I don't understand.

Not every beating leaves a scar. Hair grows back, bones knit together and scars from childhood fade quickly.

That said, I'd have to hear more but I'm guessing this isn't just something they made up.

Adopted twins tortured

"The abuse is unspeakable," Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith said Wednesday. "There are bruises all over these girls' bodies."

Suspicion of her began when a teacher at Warrendale Elementary School noticed a burn on one of the girl's arms. The teacher contacted a school social worker, who notified county child welfare agency workers. The next day, a different teacher who has the twin's sibling in her class noticed a bruise.

Their wounds stunned even longtime police officers. Marks from the spring coils of a "Gutbuster" abdominal exerciser can be seen on the girls.

the defense--the accused woman's parents defended their daughter and said the allegations are false. "The kids are kind of rough around the edges," he told The Macomb Daily, adding that the girls have been happy and curious children who sometimes played with the exercise device.
"My daughter isn't abusing those kids. She loved them kids,"

Does anyone know how Williams adopted these girls? Were they children of a relative or did she go through an adoption agency?

Does anyone know how Williams adopted these girls? Were they children of a relative or did she go through an adoption agency?

I'm not sure what type of adoption, but she was a single woman and no article ever stated that the twins were relatives.

Tamika S. Williams, 30, was found guilty of the two torture charges as well as two counts of first-degree child abuse. She will be sentenced July 12 in Macomb County Circuit Court. She faces up to life in prison.

Prosecutors have said Williams used the twins as ashtrays, stabbed them with glass and knives, burned them with cigarette lighters and beat them with exercise equipment. They also said she forced them to sleep on the floor without blankets, choked them with a belt and bound their arms and legs with rope.

In court filings, Williams said the twins harmed themselves and that she didn’t notice the burns and bruises that investigators said covered the girls "from head to toe."

I stand corrected, that you so much for the rest of the story

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/13671778/detail.html
MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. -- A 30-year-old Warren woman convicted of torturing her adopted 8-year-old twin daughters was sentenced Thursday to up to 25 years in prison.

Tamika Williams was convicted last month of two counts each of torture and first-degree child abuse.

She stabbed the girls with glass and knives, beat them with cable wire, shoes and exercise equipment, bathed them in bleach water, burned them with cigarettes and dunked them in a toilet filled with urine, according to court filings and prosecutors.
===========
more @ link.

I'm glad to know she was convicted of TORTURE which is what I believe many cases of child abuse to be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back