NY - Grace Manos, 2, brutally murdered, Dryden, 15 May 2007

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
DA to file sex abuse charge in toddler's drowning death

Marie A. Manos now stands accused of murdering her 2-year-old niece, Grace Manos, while committing the crime of sexual abuse against her, Tompkins County District Attorney Gwen Wilkinson and state police announced Friday.

"Preliminary information ... reveals that Grace Manos died as a direct result of injuries, which include asphyxia, blunt force trauma, drowning and sexual abuse," the statement said.

There was trauma from the sexual abuse, Wilkinson said, which was a "contributing factor" in the child's death.

"The prosecutor did not see fit to advise me of the new charge, so I can't comment on it," said William B. Sellers IV, the assigned counsel for Manos. He said he is in contact with Manos' oncologist, however, and that he has to address the issue of Manos' health with the court.

"She has metastatic breast cancer," he said. "It's in her liver. There is no cure."

(I hope she dies a long and painful, torturous death!)

I hope she does too. Remember the book When Bad Things Happen to Good People? Well, for once a bad thing happened to a bad person. I have never in my life said this before but this woman deserves cancer.

Article dated May 18th:

During court, Manos's Attorney asked that she be granted bail. Saying that she isn't a flight risk because she is from the area and is suffering from terminal cancer, with only a few years left to live.

"She is receiving medications in jail. I have not spoken to any of her health care providers yet. But, my understanding based on my interviews with her is that it's a very serious form of metastasized cancer," said Manos's Attorney William Sellers.

The Judge denied Manos bail, continuing Wilkinson's request to keep her in the Tompkins County Jail.

District Attorney Gwen Wilkinson
"The information that she's suffering from a terminal illness comes from her and only from her at this point in time. We will be looking at that. But second reason, and a compelling reason is that a person who is facing possible murder charges is fairly motivated to leave," said Wilkinson.

http://www.news10now.com/content/all_news/tompkinscortland_county/?SecID=111&ArID=105844

December 30, 2008

A Dryden woman was convicted in Tompkins County Court in March for drowning and sexually abusing her 2-year-old niece.
After a trial, Marie Manos, 34, was sentenced to 25 years to life in state prison, the maximum term she could receive.
Manos was babysitting her neice Grace Manos on May 15 at her Ringwood Road apartment, when Grace was hospitalized after ingesting water while in the bathtub. Grace was put on life support.
Police investigated and learned Manos had intentionally caused the death and had sexually abused her.
Despite Manos’ expressions of remorse in court, Tompkins County Judge John Sherman said at sentencing that he had never seen as senseless an act as this one.

http://cortlandstandard.net/articles/12302008n.html

Marie A. Manos

Housed: Bedford Hills
Date Received: 03/12/2008

Offense: 2 counts 2nd Degree Murder
Sentence: 25 years - Life

Earliest Release Date: 05/09/2032
Maximum Expiration Date: Life
Conditional Release Date: None

So glad to hear that this monster will spend her last dying days in prison suffering. I cherish my nieces and would die for them like they were my own. I cannot imagine wanting to hurt them.

If she had metastatic breast cancer in her liver in 2007, she probably wouldn't be alive today. A sick pervert like her WOULD try for a sympathy card like that. I'll bet when they tried to ascertain her illness they found out as much.

25 years. if she's alive she'll try for as much sympathy at the parole board as possible

If she had metastatic breast cancer in her liver in 2007, she probably wouldn't be alive today. A sick pervert like her WOULD try for a sympathy card like that. I'll bet when they tried to ascertain her illness they found out as much.

EXACTLY what i said just two seconds before seeing your post. How sick! :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back