1192 users online (163 members and 1029 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    327

    Computer Support

    I just want to let everyone know that I will try to contribute for technical support as much as poosible.

    Some background:

    I graduated from Charleston Southern University with a B.S degree in Computer Science. I am currently going for my Masters Degree at Strayer University, and currently working at the Charleston AFB as their Computer Support Specialist.

    Feel free to continue to ask any and all questions here and I will help as much as possible.

    p.s Christine is #2 in this field .


    Shawn

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Quote Originally Posted by STO4 View Post
    I just want to let everyone know that I will try to contribute for technical support as much as poosible.

    Some background:

    I graduated from Charleston Southern University with a B.S degree in Computer Science. I am currently going for my Masters Degree at Strayer University, and currently working at the Charleston AFB as their Computer Support Specialist.

    Feel free to continue to ask any and all questions here and I will help as much as possible.

    p.s Christine is #2 in this field .


    Shawn
    Whatever! Puulllezzzz....I got my A++ and MCSE back when it was Win95 Bud.....I hardly have a clue anymore!

    WB!

    Christine

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,605
    Welcome back STO4!

    Lion

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    Thats very nice of you STO4.....thankyou.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    327
    I am still open to helping anyone that needs computer advice, solutions, or just want to check to see if they are doing the right thing . PM me if you need help and I will try to do what i can.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SO CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    11,332
    Quote Originally Posted by STO4 View Post
    I am still open to helping anyone that needs computer advice, solutions, or just want to check to see if they are doing the right thing . PM me if you need help and I will try to do what i can.
    '
    Hey there Chat Room IT guy, how are ya?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,605
    Hey, STO! It is great to see you here! I have no real issues now, but I will certainly ask for help if I need to. Thank you so much for offering.

    Lion

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    I know COBOL. Can I help?



    Seriously, thanks ST and all the others working behind the blue curtain that are helping to keep WS alive! xxoo

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,731
    Just an FYI, I can help too!

    I'm the IT Manager and Network Administrator at my place of employment. I have a BS in MIS and am going for my Masters starting in the fall (I'm doing a dual degree program, MIS and MBA degrees!). I'm A+ certified, have my MCSE and MCSA's, and tons o' experience. I also do programming C++, HTML, CSS, XML, PHP, etc. and graphic design work on the side.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Quote Originally Posted by dee10134 View Post
    Just an FYI, I can help too!

    I'm the IT Manager and Network Administrator at my place of employment. I have a BS in MIS and am going for my Masters starting in the fall (I'm doing a dual degree program, MIS and MBA degrees!). I'm A+ certified, have my MCSE and MCSA's, and tons o' experience. I also do programming C++, HTML, CSS, XML, PHP, etc. and graphic design work on the side.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,107
    Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    Whatever! Puulllezzzz....I got my A++ and MCSE back when it was Win95 Bud.....I hardly have a clue anymore!

    WB!

    Christine
    I think that I have you beat. I earned a Computer Science degree back when Windows was just DOS. I wrote in COBOL and did not interface with a PC other than to type in code and submit it via our own handwritten JCL to be compiled on an IBM mainframe. We also used tapes quite a bit because disk memory space still cost a lot.

    I learned Excel and Word while working on my MBA in the 90's. That's when I also learned how to use the Internet (for research, at that time).

    I feel like I have come a long way, baby.

    One of my goals is to update my computer skills to modern day. I still have not tried to design my own web page; however, I will some day soon.
    Last edited by nanandjim; 02-21-2008 at 03:31 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,107
    Quote Originally Posted by dee10134 View Post
    Just an FYI, I can help too!

    I'm the IT Manager and Network Administrator at my place of employment. I have a BS in MIS and am going for my Masters starting in the fall (I'm doing a dual degree program, MIS and MBA degrees!). I'm A+ certified, have my MCSE and MCSA's, and tons o' experience. I also do programming C++, HTML, CSS, XML, PHP, etc. and graphic design work on the side.
    Okay, I wish that I had all of your modern day skills. Alas, the life of an aging programmer...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,731
    Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
    Okay, I wish that I had all of your modern day skills. Alas, the life of an aging programmer...
    I'm in the field and I still have a hard time keeping up with technology! LOL I try to read all that I can to keep up but it's pretty amazing how fast technology moves, isn't it?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    I can add signature pictures

  15. #15
    I have had to go to my second computer. My newer one will not browse. It will say its online but will not go anywhere. Does anyone know what I should do except throwing it through the window?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast