1115 users online (236 members and 879 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Greta just announced another young person died on an overseas vacation

Another Natalie Holloway type situation is what this sounded like. Greta will be talking about the details in a few minutes. This is the first I had heard this today.

Ugh, let's hope not.

An 18 yr old American found dead in a hotel swimming pool. Our FBI has been called in.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    An 18 yr old American found dead in a hotel swimming pool. Our FBI has been called in.
    Male or female?

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    I thought NG covered this one w/the parents last week? I wish I could remember her name. She was on a peace mission (I think) with some other classmates. Typical situation, not enough appropriate chaperoning...IMO.

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    Is this the young lady that went on a mission trip with classmates to Ghanna? It sounds like no one can account for her for 11 hours after she was last seen alive leaving the pool. Then later was found in the pool and the autopsy showed that she had not been in the pool for an extended period of time.

Yes, 2luvmy. Phylicia Moore.

Maybe there's a thread here already since it was 6 wks ago?

Here's another article:
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...on-apnewjersey

I must have been wrong about NG covering this story. I saw someone interview the parents somewhere, and I don't think it was a morning show....

Girl Dies On High School Trip
    A New Jersey couple is demanding answers in the mysterious death of their teenage daughter, who died during a high school trip to Ghana. Randall Pinkston reports. |

I don't remember hearing anything about this. Parents will be on Greta in just a couple minutes.

The interview w/the parents that I saw was with Anderson Cooper. I should have known. I like how he takes on the lesser known cases. Here's the transcript:
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...30/acd.01.html

This is another sad case of a young American woman dying while in another country. Her parents were on Greta tonight....they were somber yet sweet. They said the ME said the COD was accidental death. But how long was she in the pool before she was discovered? Her parents said the kids were up all night and were wandering in and out of each others room.

Prayers to her family.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    This is another sad case of a young American woman dying while in another country. Her parents were on Greta tonight....they were somber yet sweet. They said the ME said the COD was accidental death. But how long was she in the pool before she was discovered? Her parents said the kids were up all night and were wandering in and out of each others room.

Prayers to her family.
    Did they say if pool water was in her lungs? Or was she already dead and then put in the water? It is sad. Lesson learned here. No trips for our kids without me or dh coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Did they say if pool water was in her lungs? Or was she already dead and then put in the water? It is sad. Lesson learned here. No trips for our kids without me or dh coming along.
    Taximom, they didn't say. I'll try to find the transcript and reread it just to make sure.

Oh I'm with you about senior trips. My 25 yr old only went to beach week her senior year with adult supervision. Luckily my 16 yr old is too young to bug me about going yet.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Taximom, they didn't say. I'll try to find the transcript and reread it just to make sure.

Oh I'm with you about senior trips. My 25 yr old only went to beach week her senior year with adult supervision. Luckily my 16 yr old is too young to bug me about going yet.
    Thanks for checking, philamena!

I hate it when my 22 yr old daughter goes on mini-vacations with her girlfriends! We stay in touch by texting, but that doesn't ease my worry. They seem to think they are invincible. I see differently here, everyday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast