1131 users online (284 members and 847 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Komodo dragon kills child

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19026658/

JAKARTA, Indonesia - A Komodo dragon attacked and killed an 8-year-old boy in eastern Indonesia, the first recorded deadly attack on a human by one of the giant lizards in 33 years, a national park spokesman said Monday.

How horrible for that little boy....his final minutes must have been horrendous

“A fishermen, who just happened to be the boy’s uncle, threw rocks at the lizard until it let the boy go and fled,” he said. “The boy died from massive bleeding half an hour later.”

I cant imagine how much he suffered

horrible indeed--killed by a dinosaur--I always heard that the Komodo Dragons were dangerous and now this sickening thing happening has really confirmed it

Didn't a Komodo dragon attack some actress's husband at a zoo a couple of years ago?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    Didn't a Komodo dragon attack some actress's husband at a zoo a couple of years ago?
    Sharon Stone's husband at the time had his foot bitten at a zoo several years ago. Komodo's are EXTREMELY dangerous. Even Steve Irwin wouldn't tangle with them and often had to run for his life from them.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Thanks DK for letting me know that my memory wasn't totally off on that. I couldn't remember who it was but I remember a lot of talk about it.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Those things are known to hunt and eat deer, yeah they are dangerous to humans.

I pretty much dislike lizards of any sort- but these things terrfiy me!

How sad the village had no hospital and the little boy died-

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Sharon Stone's husband at the time had his foot bitten at a zoo several years ago. Komodo's are EXTREMELY dangerous. Even Steve Irwin wouldn't tangle with them and often had to run for his life from them.
    And that's saying somethin'!!

Generally, Komodo Dragons attack and bite an animal--any animal or human they can and then leave it alone if it is large enough to give a good fight. But, that is not the end of it. The Komodo Dragon has evolved to have copious amounts of deadly bacteria that is significantly more pathogenic than what is found in any other animal's mouth. The prey/victim dies, usually after around three grueling days, due to bacteremia(blood poisoning by bacteria). Then the komodo(s) eat whatever it was that it killed. Small prey is usually eaten more quickly. Komodos are also cannibalistic. They won't hesitate to eat one of their own if it isn't too big so as to give them a good fight. I respect them as I respect all animals. But, I wouldn't want to get too close to one. That poor young boy. I feel so sad for him and his family.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat View Post
    And that's saying somethin'!!
    No kidding! When the man who wrestles salt water crocs won't tangle with something, that something is one bad mother, LOL! I still remember that episode with him and the kimodos well.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

No kidding! When the man who wrestles salt water crocs won't tangle with something, that something is one bad mother, LOL! I still remember that episode with him and the kimodos well.
    I think I've seen snippets of it but not the whole episode

I've seen these things before though- they're like a huge goanna, and goannas are scary enough!

http://www.kidcyber.com.au/topics/goanna.htm

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat View Post
    I think I've seen snippets of it but not the whole episode

I've seen these things before though- they're like a huge goanna, and goannas are scary enough!

http://www.kidcyber.com.au/topics/goanna.htm
    I think any monitor lizard would be formidible. Although I've never seen one stand on it's hind legs like that before!

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I think any monitor lizard would be formidible. Although I've never seen one stand on it's hind legs like that before!
    Me either - lol- and I don't want to!

You don't see them unless you are in the country- they get quite vicious I hear- and have heard if you stand there still they climb up you like they would a tree ripping you to shreds

You reckon that's true Dingo?? (I know Dingos not on, but she might see this next time she's on and can verify that for me- she goes camping alot)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast