1189 users online (192 members and 997 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Hope Norman, 16, raped & murdered, Baker County, 1 June 2007

snip "Until Thursday night, 16 year old Hope Denise Norman and 31 year old Brock Morris hadn't met. She was apparently at Morris' home with her mother for a family visit. Her uncle knew him.

Police say around midnight, her family left her alone with Morris at his home. She was never seen again."
    snip
    "Morris has been arrested 17 times since 1993. These arrests range from drinking in public to aggravated child abuse."

Morris is charged with homicide, murder, and sexual battery. He is being held without bond.

link http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs..../70604016/1075

This is so sad. I wonder if her mom knew anything at all about this man? Plus, since her uncle was friends with him, didn't he realize that his niece could be in danger?

JMHO
    fran

I have a sixteen yr old daughter and maybe I'm overprotective but I can't imagine leaving her with a grown man other than her father.

I wonder why they left without her and why they waited so long to report her missing?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...?storyid=83443

the mother of the first child he abused speaks.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/t...?storyid=83319

the family of the girl talk about her but give no reason why she was alone with this man.

details of how and why he killed her. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/t...?storyid=83317

That left Hope alone with Morris. Police say Morris asked Hope to have sex with him. When she refused, he dragged her to a ditch and forced it. They say when that was over, she was gasping for air. That's when they say he strangled her.

"This is a senseless murder of a person he did not even know. And this occured for no reason," said Dobson.

According to the report, Morris said a fight he had with his wife before she left that night enraged him to the point that Hope's refusal to have sex with him made him kill her.

After the murder, police say Morris dragged her body hundreds of yards away, through a cow pasture, and buried her in a shallow grave.

Why aren't parents more protective of their children? I feel so sad for what this girl must have experienced in her last moments.
    Happy New Years

Oh my Goodness, here we go yet again...something in her eyes is so haunting though..as if she is older than her years. Not blaming anyone but when are these PARENTS going to ever have to answer for their stupidity?!?!?!?
    I am so sick and tired of "oh the Mom will have to live with her poor decision the rest of ger life"...oh give me a flippin' break already...look at the picture of this freakazoid and tell me why in the hell ANYBODY would leave even a freaking roach with him alone...I am so sick and tired of this crap..this child wasn't kidnapped and murdered, she was pretty much left defenseless with this creep by the adults that should have taken care of her. Start holding these parents accountable!!!!! It is time for this crap to stop.
    I bet if DHS were called and told about this type of situation that night she ( the parental unit) would have to be answering questions, but oh no...this was just "a horrible mistake"..There are situations where things can be avoided and this is one of those times..I have 2 children, and they have their friends over all of the time and these poor kids have way too many stories to tell about their "parents" and what they do in their spare time..
    Sorry guys it has just been a long day...

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I haven't seen anyone defend the mother's decision...yet.

The only break I can give her is that the man's wife and two children were there when they left her with this guy. Was she supposed to stay to babysit their children? Or perhaps spend the night with one of the children? I don't know the ages of his children.

It would help if the reporters would give us a few more facts. This guy is creepy looking...I wouldn't trust him but maybe his wife is a kind person and her mother trusted the wife.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin...75051615.shtml

Norman's mother, Betty Norman, reported her daughter missing Friday afternoon, more than 12 hours after the actual disappearance. She also initially gave authorities the wrong address where she last saw her, Dobson said.
    What Betty Norman told investigators was deceptive because she'd allowed her daughter to drink on the night of her disappearance and feared her estranged husband would find out, a police report said.
    Betty Norman's sister called police Saturday morning and urged them to question her further about the disappearance.
    Betty Norman later told police she'd left her daughter at Morris' home, where the two had gone to visit Thursday night. Norman said she found the home empty after returning from a store. The report said Morris tried to implicate his wife, Amanda, as an accomplice, but then recanted. Amanda Morris had also left the home Thursday night after arguing with her husband and helped Betty Norman search for the teen when she returned. Amanda Morris later told police she and her husband had been drinking that night and argued about his advances toward Hope Norman, the report said.
    more @ link.

So they argued about advances he made toward the teenager, so her answer was to leave her husband alone with her???

Quote Originally Posted by Dena View Post
    So they argued about advances he made toward the teenager, so her answer was to leave her husband alone with her???
    Unbelievable! No one is this scenario used good common sense.

what teenager would want to sleep with that? i feel so bad for this girl - everyone who should have protected her abandoned her.
    i wouldn't leave a cockroach alone with this pig either.

i hope this state has the DP

I hope they do too, Pedinurse. What a rotten way to die. I don't even want to imagine the fear and helplessness she felt at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by pedinurse View Post
    what teenager would want to sleep with that? i feel so bad for this girl - everyone who should have protected her abandoned her.
    i wouldn't leave a cockroach alone with this pig either.

i hope this state has the DP
    it's fla. we have the DP.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast