FL - Hope Norman, 16, raped & murdered, Baker County, 1 June 2007

mom3dd

Be Better at Every Age
Reaction score
snip "Until Thursday night, 16 year old Hope Denise Norman and 31 year old Brock Morris hadn't met. She was apparently at Morris' home with her mother for a family visit. Her uncle knew him.

Police say around midnight, her family left her alone with Morris at his home. She was never seen again."
snip
"Morris has been arrested 17 times since 1993. These arrests range from drinking in public to aggravated child abuse."

Morris is charged with homicide, murder, and sexual battery. He is being held without bond.

link http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070604/NEWS01/70604016/1075

This is so sad. I wonder if her mom knew anything at all about this man? Plus, since her uncle was friends with him, didn't he realize that his niece could be in danger?

JMHO
fran

I have a sixteen yr old daughter and maybe I'm overprotective but I can't imagine leaving her with a grown man other than her father.

I wonder why they left without her and why they waited so long to report her missing?

details of how and why he killed her. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=83317

That left Hope alone with Morris. Police say Morris asked Hope to have sex with him. When she refused, he dragged her to a ditch and forced it. They say when that was over, she was gasping for air. That's when they say he strangled her.

"This is a senseless murder of a person he did not even know. And this occured for no reason," said Dobson.

According to the report, Morris said a fight he had with his wife before she left that night enraged him to the point that Hope's refusal to have sex with him made him kill her.

After the murder, police say Morris dragged her body hundreds of yards away, through a cow pasture, and buried her in a shallow grave.

Why aren't parents more protective of their children? I feel so sad for what this girl must have experienced in her last moments.

Oh my Goodness, here we go yet again...something in her eyes is so haunting though..as if she is older than her years. Not blaming anyone but when are these PARENTS going to ever have to answer for their stupidity?!?!?!?:furious:
I am so sick and tired of "oh the Mom will have to live with her poor decision the rest of ger life"...oh give me a flippin' break already...look at the picture of this freakazoid and tell me why in the hell ANYBODY would leave even a freaking roach with him alone...I am so sick and tired of this crap..this child wasn't kidnapped and murdered, she was pretty much left defenseless with this creep by the adults that should have taken care of her. Start holding these parents accountable!!!!! It is time for this crap to stop.
I bet if DHS were called and told about this type of situation that night she ( the parental unit) would have to be answering questions, but oh no...this was just "a horrible mistake"..There are situations where things can be avoided and this is one of those times..I have 2 children, and they have their friends over all of the time and these poor kids have way too many stories to tell about their "parents" and what they do in their spare time..
Sorry guys it has just been a long day...

I haven't seen anyone defend the mother's decision...yet.

The only break I can give her is that the man's wife and two children were there when they left her with this guy. Was she supposed to stay to babysit their children? Or perhaps spend the night with one of the children? I don't know the ages of his children.

It would help if the reporters would give us a few more facts. This guy is creepy looking...I wouldn't trust him but maybe his wife is a kind person and her mother trusted the wife.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/060607/met_175051615.shtml

Norman's mother, Betty Norman, reported her daughter missing Friday afternoon, more than 12 hours after the actual disappearance. She also initially gave authorities the wrong address where she last saw her, Dobson said.
What Betty Norman told investigators was deceptive because she'd allowed her daughter to drink on the night of her disappearance and feared her estranged husband would find out, a police report said.
Betty Norman's sister called police Saturday morning and urged them to question her further about the disappearance.
Betty Norman later told police she'd left her daughter at Morris' home, where the two had gone to visit Thursday night. Norman said she found the home empty after returning from a store. The report said Morris tried to implicate his wife, Amanda, as an accomplice, but then recanted. Amanda Morris had also left the home Thursday night after arguing with her husband and helped Betty Norman search for the teen when she returned. Amanda Morris later told police she and her husband had been drinking that night and argued about his advances toward Hope Norman, the report said.
more @ link.

So they argued about advances he made toward the teenager, so her answer was to leave her husband alone with her???

So they argued about advances he made toward the teenager, so her answer was to leave her husband alone with her???

Unbelievable! No one is this scenario used good common sense.

what teenager would want to sleep with that? i feel so bad for this girl - everyone who should have protected her abandoned her.
i wouldn't leave a cockroach alone with this pig either.

i hope this state has the DP

I hope they do too, Pedinurse. What a rotten way to die. I don't even want to imagine the fear and helplessness she felt at the end.

what teenager would want to sleep with that? i feel so bad for this girl - everyone who should have protected her abandoned her.
i wouldn't leave a cockroach alone with this pig either.

i hope this state has the DP
it's fla. we have the DP.

How horrible for Hope to be left alone with that awful creep. I can't believe that the wife just left Hope there after her and her husband had argued about the way he was looking at Hope. What the heck is wrong with that wife! And Hope's mother leaves her in a home where she didn't even know the people who lived there. I'll bet the mom and the uncle went to a bar and Hope couldn't go with them so they left her there. The mom said something about coming back from a store and the house being empty. If she had gone to the store why couldn't her daughter have gone with her? My money is on a bar. Seems to me that there are a few more people then just the killer who should have to answer for the death of this young girl.

How horrible for Hope to be left alone with that awful creep. I can't believe that the wife just left Hope there after her and her husband had argued about the way he was looking at Hope. What the heck is wrong with that wife! And Hope's mother leaves her in a home where she didn't even know the people who lived there. I'll bet the mom and the uncle went to a bar and Hope couldn't go with them so they left her there. The mom said something about coming back from a store and the house being empty. If she had gone to the store why couldn't her daughter have gone with her? My money is on a bar. Seems to me that there are a few more people then just the killer who should have to answer for the death of this young girl.
dont forget the mom lied to the cops about where she left her daughter cuz she let the kid drink that night.

i wonder if the girl was sober if she may have lived. it can be impossible for a woman to fight off a man who wants to rape and kill her but the fact she had been drinking would not help. if mom had not left her there drunk she may have been clear minded to see the danger she was in before it was too late. she may have seen a chance to escape.....

Both women should be charged as accomplices. There is no logical reason that the mother left her with this "couple"..especially since she honeslty had no real prior relationship with them. Secondly her lying is just further evidence of her guilt. She reported her daughter missing but provided misinformation which defeats the purpose of reporting her missing. Its alomost as if she pimped her daughter out...Then there is the "wife" who left the girl there after the argurment..WTF is wrong with her that she morally objected to his "looking" but left the girl in his care? She regardless of the girl's state or her desire or lack of desire to stay should have hauled her out of there.. and if she couldnt then call the LE. The should both be charged for adding and abetting and as accomlices to murder

I agree opme...they should be charged with something. They both left this girl with this man and both have responsibility. None more than him, but they should be charged with something.

MACCLENNY, Fla. -- A 31-year-old ex-convict accused of killing a Baker County teenager pleaded guilty on Monday to first-degree murder and sexual battery.

Prosecutors said Brock Morris killed 16-year-old Hope Norman and buried her body in a cow pasture near Glen St. Mary in early June, one day after she was reported missing. http://www.news4jax.com/news/13983752/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back