WA - James Wamsley for rape of infant, Benton County, 2007

Indy Gal

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0607/0501_james_wamsley.html

On Monday May 25, the Memorial Day holiday, a neighbor of 17-year-old James Allen Wamsley asked the teen if he could watch her children, a 3-year-old and a nine-month-old baby boy. Wamsley was more than happy to oblige; however, at some point, the teenager chose to cross several lines, both moral and legalAt about 11:20 p.m., when the neighbor returned from a family picnic, she discovered her infant was severely injured and placed an emergency call to 911. Paramedics transported the child to Kadlec Medical Center where he was treated for sexual assault.

A nine month old baby.....why

That is absolutely disgusting and heartbreaking. Any word on how the baby is doing?

This is truly one of the sickest things I have heard.My heartbreaks for the family of the baby. I can only imagine the anguish and heartbreak they are enduring now. Not matter what the punishment for this perp is not going to be enough to satify the parents of the baby.. nor make up for the damage that has been caused. I hope the baby is going to be ok .. any news on his condition?

93-123 months punishment? That's 7.75 - 10.25 years? Are you freaking kidding me? That's just sick! He should get life!

Here's to hoping he's in G-Pop! :furious:

I keep picturing what he did to that poor baby and it sickens me. I will never understand what makes a person look at a child, especially a baby, with sexual eyes. I just don't get it.

Sounds like the baby will be ok.

I keep picturing what he did to that poor baby and it sickens me. I will never understand what makes a person look at a child, especially a baby, with sexual eyes. I just don't get it.

Sounds like the baby will be ok.

and he is a baby his self....so sad... and like lurker pointed out he will be out in no time to start again

He only faces 7 to 10 years??--Washington State needs to rewrite their crime laws--His sentence should be at least triple that amount

This is just disgusting! Not enough time IMO. This boy has some serious issues!!

He only faces 7 to 10 years??--Washington State needs to rewrite their crime laws--His sentence should be at least triple that amount

Not enough time at all. All it teaches him to do is not get caught next time, and that his punishment is not serious.

This is another reason why I trust NO ONE when it comes to my child.

and he is a baby his self....so sad... and like lurker pointed out he will be out in no time to start again

17 doesn't seem like a baby or even a boy to me, when you consider the crime. Should be tried as an adult.

Eve

17 doesn't seem like a baby or even a boy to me, when you consider the crime. Should be tried as an adult.

Eve

I agree. At 17 he should be tried as an adult. This was clearly premeditated...he was looking for a victim when he asked to babysit. This brutal rape and attack on the most innocent of victims deserves a very long sentence, if not life in prison. I cannot imagine a person who would do something like this having any potential for rehabilitation.

I agree. At 17 he should be tried as an adult. This was clearly premeditated...he was looking for a victim when he asked to babysit. This brutal rape and attack on the most innocent of victims deserves a very long sentence, if not life in prison. I cannot imagine a person who would do something like this having any potential for rehabilitation.

he is being tried as an adult and please lok at his photo he loks way younger than 17 much like a little boy. not defending him here in anyway just sad in all aspects

Not blaming the mother, but she should have been more selective of who she let watch her child. I hope that sick sick pervert gets everything he deserves in prison, I don't care how old he is!!!

Am I the only one that thinks it's strange to get a babysitter while you go to a "family cookout"?

And Hi Indy!

Am I the only one that thinks it's strange to get a babysitter while you go to a "family cookout"?

And Hi Indy!

I also find these strange

1. leave the babies with a 17 year old neighbor
2. leave the babies with a male
3. be gone for 9 hours
4. and like you said a fam cookout with no child

in no way am i saying the mom is bad but this should teach people who to leave your children with if nothing else does.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back