06-06-06 2:31 am, The Murder

White Rain

Reaction score
Let's all remember Devon and Damon tonight, or this morning, however you refer to it. I am just using 2:31 am because the books I own have this as the time the 911 call went out...I know most of us think Devon died before this, and Damon after, but I am just using that number in general...
Anyway, I know we at Websleuths will be thinking of DEVON and DAMON and these heartbreaking last minutes, whereas I am sure many others, including the ones who are SUPPOSED to love them the most, will be thinking of Darlie, and what she has gone thru since.
Two angels in Heaven...God, I can't help but think at this time 11 years ago, they were probably just now settling into their pallets in front of the big screen tv, never knowing the horror that waited them, for I am sure Darlie already has this evening well-planned. Just settling down, watching tv, after a hard day of playing, and if they were still alive today, Devon having graduated this year, (maybe next, unsure?) and Damon getting ready to...going to proms, driving, having a girlfriend, maybe even children of their own judging by how teens today are...
They never got to experience ANY of that though...thanks to a MONSTER they called mom who is still alive and well, and NOT doing all that bad from what I have seen/heard...it makes me SICK!
Tonight/tomorrow morning I will be thinking of those boys, and praying for justice for them. I hope they haunt Darlie in her dreams tonight.

Ya today's date, will always remind me of what those precious little boys went through at the hands of their very own mother. I have read so much in regards to this murder except for the books. Can't get my hands on any yet. But I have read everything available on the internet. Anyhow, nothing I have read so far has made me think any different toward her quilt. I keep reading, hoping that I may have missed something, some telling sign that she was not the "normal" mother that her family and friends portrayed her to be.

Sometimes after my kids fall asleep (6 yrs, 1 1/2 yrs) in my living room, I actually try to imagine what was going through her mind when she sat there, watching her "BABIES" and decided to go into her kitchen and pull out the biggest knife, go back to her beautiful BABIES sleeping and plunge that knife into them. MORE THAN ONCE.

I have read some of the "possible reasons" - PPD, Underlying depression, bad upbringing??, molestation of some sort, having to raise her younger sisters, somewhat poor, etc.. GIVE ME A BREAK- I was raised in a dysfunctional family (like many), product of a divorce (never met my dad until my mid 20's), abused sexually at a young age (family member and friend's brother) and mentally/verbally abused (mother), raised my younger brothers (10 and 12 years younger than I). And dealt with my drunk mother on a daily basis, with a step father who was never there. NOW, I can promise all of you that I have never ever ever thought about harming anyone (oh maybe mom once :D), let alone actually kill someone. And, yes I have had some very SAD days and I did have PPD after the birth of my son. I can be moody, bossy, demanding and I do worry about money (like most) but I don't think that these are traits of someone about to "snap" and commit murder.

SO, honestly IMO, we will never know what made that so called normal women turn evil so quickly unless DARLIE, DANA or DARREN spill the beans because only those three know exactly WHAT HAPPENED 11 YEARS AGO TODAY.

How sad and terrifying is must have been for those beautiful boys.

God Bless Them and keep her behind bars for the rest of her life.

God is taking care of them.

Texas needs to "take care" of her!!! 11 years....darn you would think she is "housed" in California... haha.

Thoughts and prayers to Devon and Damon today and every day.

Thanks for starting this thread.

I've been thinking of them all day today. Prayers for those little boys.

Ya today's date, will always remind me of what those precious little boys went through at the hands of their very own mother. I have read so much in regards to this murder except for the books. Can't get my hands on any yet. But I have read everything available on the internet. Anyhow, nothing I have read so far has made me think any different toward her quilt. I keep reading, hoping that I may have missed something, some telling sign that she was not the "normal" mother that her family and friends portrayed her to be.

Sometimes after my kids fall asleep (6 yrs, 1 1/2 yrs) in my living room, I actually try to imagine what was going through her mind when she sat there, watching her "BABIES" and decided to go into her kitchen and pull out the biggest knife, go back to her beautiful BABIES sleeping and plunge that knife into them. MORE THAN ONCE.

I have read some of the "possible reasons" - PPD, Underlying depression, bad upbringing??, molestation of some sort, having to raise her younger sisters, somewhat poor, etc.. GIVE ME A BREAK- I was raised in a dysfunctional family (like many), product of a divorce (never met my dad until my mid 20's), abused sexually at a young age (family member and friend's brother) and mentally/verbally abused (mother), raised my younger brothers (10 and 12 years younger than I). And dealt with my drunk mother on a daily basis, with a step father who was never there. NOW, I can promise all of you that I have never ever ever thought about harming anyone (oh maybe mom once :D), let alone actually kill someone. And, yes I have had some very SAD days and I did have PPD after the birth of my son. I can be moody, bossy, demanding and I do worry about money (like most) but I don't think that these are traits of someone about to "snap" and commit murder.

SO, honestly IMO, we will never know what made that so called normal women turn evil so quickly unless DARLIE, DANA or DARREN spill the beans because only those three know exactly WHAT HAPPENED 11 YEARS AGO TODAY.
Hey whity, I sent you a pm, check it...I had a similar upbringing to yours, but I think it only made me be a better mom.

I hope they haunt Darlie in her dreams tonight.
Imo it will haunt her most nights not just on anniversary as it would any other who has lost children in such a horrific way. I hope these boys and thier mother get justice and they find the person that did do this.

Imo it will haunt her most nights not just on anniversary as it would any other who has lost children in such a horrific way. I hope these boys and thier mother get justice and they find the person that did do this.

Nicola - they did find the person that did this, she just refuses to admit it. The boys will get their justice when she takes her last breath.

Nicola - they did find the person that did this, she just refuses to admit it. The boys will get their justice when she takes her last breath.
I really believe that she didnt kill those boys. Justice will not be served unless 1. They find real murderer 2. It is proved beond a shadow of doubt she did it, personally I dont think they can.

I think about them all the time. Poor things, how scared they must have been.

Hey whity, I sent you a pm, check it...I had a similar upbringing to yours, but I think it only made me be a better mom.

Hey White Rain (I like your name) - That's exactly what I mean. Everything I went through growing up made me a strong-willed determined mother. It really upsets me when people use "bad upbringing/abuse " as an excuse for why they should "be excused for their actions in regards to murder/ other crimes.

I can't get "Damon's big eyes just staring at Darlie, while he lay there on the floor dying" out of my mind. Even for a five year old boy, you know he had to be laying there thinking.... Mommy what did I do? I'm sorry Mommy, I won't do what ever it was again, please make the pain stop...... But she just stood there, wouldn't even sit down and hold him and tell him, he was going to be okay, mommy is here...

Nicola - Please read the Bond Hearing transcripts, this is where (IMO) you can perceive what actually happened that early morning on 6/6/96. It was still very fresh in everyone minds. I just don't see how you can steadfast defend her innocence if you have read the transcripts from beginning to end. Rely on FACTS NOT EMOTIONS.

ok, I take my post back..I don't hope it haunted her the night of the murders, I hope it haunts her EVERY SINGLE LIVING BREATHING MINUTE.

ok, I take my post back..I don't hope it haunted her the night of the murders, I hope it haunts her EVERY SINGLE LIVING BREATHING MINUTE.
If it was proved to me without a shadow of doubt that she did it I would agree, but Im not holding my breath as I believe her innocent although I do hope whoever did this gets what they deserve.

If it was proved to me without a shadow of doubt that she did it I would agree, but Im not holding my breath as I believe her innocent although I do hope whoever did this gets what they deserve.

When "whoever did this gets what they deserve" Darlie will be put to death.

Hey Nicola - when you have time go back and read the archives here on this thread. After reading the transcripts, these threads helped me understand so much. Pay attention to Cami, Goody, Beesy's posts they are very well thought out and make so much sense. There are others of course but my brain can only think of these right now. I believe it will help you too.

with Darlie it seems the full range of what makes someone human just isn't there in her...like she's missing something..kwim? not making excuses for her,I know some would call it anti-social personality disorder,but she just seems like she just isn't all there as far as being human is concerned.

How do I get to old archives? How old are you talking? Recent 'old' or old old? If that makes sense.

Ya know that is a good question. I found the archives before I became a member here when I did a search on Darlie Routier it was one of the links and I just added it to my favorites a very long time ago and started reading them. They are so thought provoking and as I said before helped me get OFF THE FENCE in regards to her guilt. I clicked on the archives thread here but didn't find the 2 page list of all of the older threads (04,05,06, even older I think) , maybe Jeana or Windchime can ell us how to access them from here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0
Back