1406 users online (275 members and 1131 guests)  

Websleuths News

VT - Woman Arrested For Making Faces At A Police Dog

Thank God the charges were dropped, this is just absolutely ridiculous!

CHELSEA, Vt. A prosecutor has dropped charges against a woman who was arrested for staring at and making faces at a police dog.
    Thirty-three-year-old Jayna Hutchinson of Lebanon, New Hamphire, was charged with cruelty to a police animal and resisting arrest after an incident last summer.
    Police were called to a market in West Fairlee to investigate a report of a brawl.
    They were approached by Hutchinson, who told one officer she had been assaulted the day before by one of the men involved.
    Irate because they wouldn't take her statement, she allegedly taunted a police dog named Max who was in a police cruiser without touching the dog.
    Officers arrested Hutchinson, adding the resisting arrest charge because she pulled her arms and upper body away during the arrest.
    Orange County State's Attorney Will Porter dropped the charges yesterday after viewing a videotape of the incident. (more at link)
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,278701,00.html

Its a shame its not against the law to be stupid...they could have arrested her for that.

I was hoping there was a video with that link. I would have loved to have seen it. Wonder what the dog did?

Well I found this title funny too. Must be my mood. lol

Seriously, she must have known better. That's sorta like making faces at a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Well I found this title funny too. Must be my mood. lol

Seriously, she must have known better. That's sorta like making faces at a cop.
    I know...but since WHEN is making faces at a cop, whether human or animal, illegal?
    Last edited by White Rain; 06-07-2007 at 02:48 AM.

it was a overcharge. that's why they dropped the charges. they should just charged her with drunk and disorderly imo.