MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belton police are trying to identify an individual who reportedly was seen with a missing teenager. Kara Kopetsky last was seen May 4 at school. Police think she might have been spotted last week at a store and fast-food restaurant in Louisburg, Kan. Police showed a photo of Kopetsky to three employees, and they agreed that she was the person they saw. Police have released a composite sketch of a teenage male they think was with her and are asking anyone with information to call the Belton Police Department at 816-331-1500 or the Tips Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (474-8477).

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/120413.html

Court documents reveal accusations of kidnapping and a restraining order against the ex-boyfriend of a missing Belton teen. "The cops have already done a lie-detector test and, if you want, ask them about that record," says 18-year-old Kylr Yust, the missing girl's ex-boyfriend.

Police confirm he did pass a lie-detector test in connection with Kara Kopetsky's disappearance and say he has an alibi. He was not in Belton when the 17-year-old disappeared.

Police say he has cooperated throughout the investigation.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18631816/

I still think they should keep Tim Miller and Co in the search area where they found Kelsey..

The suspect in Kara's disappearance looks like the guy arrested for Kelsey's abduction and murder. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't his first time.

FNC is covering this now. Her ATM hasn't been used in a month, no contact with anyone. Everything the same in her bedroom at home including an almost full carton of cigs which her mother points out.

~snip~

Kara was last seen on the morning of May 2 at her high school, Beckford said. Kara had called her mother that morning to ask her to bring her history textbook to school and to wash her work uniform. But she never arrived at work that afternoon.

Kara was reported spotted at an an area gas station in Lewisburg, Mo., on May 4, the same day her cell phone and debit card were last used.

~snip~

Belton police said they were not ruling out a connection between the Kara's disappearance and Smith's murder.

"I’m not going to discount the possibility these cases are connected … but I can’t draw that conclusion at this point," Overland Park Police Chief John Douglass told reporters Wednesday.

Police notified the Beckfords on Wednesday that the body they found was not their daughter.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,279088,00.html

In Kara's case her cell and ATM were used two days after she was first missing. No mention of the area the cell or ATM were used though. Just not much info from the few media reports at all.

This raises some questions. I wonder if her parents think, or did think, she ran away. If her cell and atm were used two days afterwards, did they get video of it being used?
I find it very telling that she has been gone for a month and has not contacted anyone, I don't think if she left of her own free will this would be the case.

Belton Police said phone records indicate a missing teenager's cell phone has been turned off since the day of her disappearance. Her parents said there is no indication their daughter planned to leave.
When her mother walked into Kara Kopetsky's bedroom, nothing was missing.

"Her dresser is full," Rhonda Beckford said Thursday as she opened one of her daughter's dresser drawers.

None of her clothes are gone, and her iPod and phone charger are on a bedroom table, something the 17-year-old's mother said Kara would never leave behind.

"If this was planned, she would have taken clothes and she didn't," Beckford said while holding a missing poster of her daughter. "If she had to buy clothes, she would have had to use her debit card, and she didn't."

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/news/l...7B5A10AB-66FF-4690-90CD-EBAEC104EEE2&gsa=true

In reading some of the articles there's either May 2 or May 4 as the last day she was seen. I'm gonna go with May 4 since that is what is on her website. I've been looking for a link to print the flyer but haven't run across a link yet.

There is a link to a flyer for Kara on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children website.

Here is the link to her info:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1072327&seqNum=1

Here is the link to her flyer:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1072327&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

In reading some of the articles there's either May 2 or May 4 as the last day she was seen. I'm gonna go with May 4 since that is what is on her website. I've been looking for a link to print the flyer but haven't run across a link yet.

ugh-wonder who did this one,hmmmm? Sorry-trying not to assume.

Ok, I going to start with Kara's Thread by reposting my observations about Kara's case so far. I had originally posted this on the Kelsey thread alot earlier today:

There's a few things about Kara that I'm reading in the media that is confusing and not true that I can tell. First is LE never said Kara and Kelsey's cases are not linked. What LE has said is that they have no links at this time and will be using current resources in place to look for Kara. Yipee! Fox reported that Kara was spotted with the suspect in the sketch last Thursday. That's also not true. The original article posting the sketch was on May 23rd and that article stated it was a couple of weeks earlier that the sighting happened. Now that would make it around the time Kara vanished. Witnesses most time don't remember exact days and time. And the sighting could very well be from the day Kara went missing. Now the thing that really upsets me is, how frustrating for Kara's parents. They couldn't get local LE or anyone to listen to them. Kara was brushed aside as a runaway. Now hopefully, things will change!

Maybe they should check Kara's computer? If they haven't already. :doh: Since they thought she was a run away, maybe they didn't bother.

JMHO
fran

is it just me or is it weird that the composite is supposed to be of a male "about 19 years old."
don't they usually say late teens to early twenties?

i do think it looks like the dude in custody for the smith case. look at that schnoze (nose)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff