FL FL - Stepha Henry, 22, Miami, 29 May 2007 *ARREST*

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
Police step up hunt for missing graduate

Officers renewed an appeal for clues to the whereabouts of Stepha Henry, 22, who was last seen out in Miami on Memorial Day weekend.

After an annual Memorial Day weekend trip to Miami, Stepha Henry, 22, got into a friend's car headed to a club.
She has yet to reappear.
A week ago, Henry's 16-year-old sister flew back to New York alone.
Police renewed their efforts Tuesday for tips that might lead to Henry, who was last seen getting into a black sedan, possibly a four-door Acura, about 1 a.m. May 29.
http://www.miamiherald.com/884/story/130052.html

MSNBC is featuring her case this morning. Clint Van Zandt says that a ping off of her cell phone 3 hours after she arrived at the club indicates that the phone was still in the club area. He does not know of any witnesses who saw her leave or who she left with. The friend who took her to the club said that she wandered away so he lost track of her. When police asked him to search his car, he said that the car was missing. Van Zandt thinks this is odd, but says there may be a reasonable explanation.

There are interesting similarities with this case to that of Imette St. Guillen, though of course it isn't the same perp. Stepha went to the same law school as Imette...Imette had just returned from a trip to FL when she was abducted and murdered...and both went missing from nightspots.

Uhhhmmmm..........I'm not buyin' it that this supposed friend's car is 'missing.' Did he already report it to police prior to them asking him about it?

Something is fishy here.:slap:

JMHO
fran

What a scary story. Sure, there could be all sorts of reasonable explanations for the car being missing, but I think no one is buying into that now. He was the last known person to be in the company of Stepha and he "lost" her in the club. Now, his car has gone missing?? Maybe I'm jaded, but I'm just not buying it. Poor girl. I watched her case profiled on MSNBC over the weekend and it's just terrifying.

I'm with you, fran. Something is awfully fishy.

Uhhhmmmm..........I'm not buyin' it that this supposed friend's car is 'missing.' Did he already report it to police prior to them asking him about it?

Something is fishy here.:slap:

JMHO
fran

I agree: How can a car be "missing" unless it's stolen?
This guy does hava a bad history of losing things, probably to be culminated in losing his freedom in a jail cell.

Crytpo6

This morning, MSNBC was reporting that the car was possibly borrowed from a friend. That wasn't confirmed, however. Either the police are keeping things very quiet or they don't have very much to go on. I hope the media coverage starts bringing in tips soon so this poor woman can be found.

I am sure hoping that LE is taking this very seriousy.

Stepha sounds like such a bright, loving, beautiful young lady.

This is just so sad.....thoughts and prayers for Stepha and her loved nes.

I hope she is found safe and soon.

There are interesting similarities with this case to that of Imette St. Guillen, though of course it isn't the same perp. Stepha went to the same law school as Imette...Imette had just returned from a trip to FL when she was abducted and murdered...and both went missing from nightspots.

I too thought of Imette while reading this story. This girl is just a beautiful girl isn't she? Why would she wander off from this person when she didn't know anyone at the bar? Maybe she is a friendly girl but it seems that people would have remember talking to her or something if she was just drifting around talking to different people. Then the guy loses his car? I think that is really strange. I wonder if this "friend" didn't come on to this beautiful young girl and she wanted nothing to do with it and something happened from there.
Maybe that is why his car went missing. I hope they find the car and really check it for evidence of a crime.

I wish they would find this girl alive somewhere but she knows no one there and if she could contact someone she would be calling her family there or her parents or sister. Why do good things like celebrating your sister's birthday end up in tragedy like this???? I really do hate bars and alcohol as they bring nothing but heartache for to many people.

A recent article about Stepha's disappearance:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=5388473

Parents of missing BK woman travel to Miami

(Miami - WABC, June 12, 2007) - The parents of a young woman from Brooklyn, missing for the past two weeks, are on a desperate search to find their daughter.
Twenty two-year-old Stepha Henry was last seen leaving a nightclub over Memorial Day weekend. Her parents say they are worried, but trying to remain optimistic.
Eyewitness News reporter Kemberly Richardson traveled to Miami to speak with Henry's parents on their painful odyssey.
Sylvia Henry spent Monday in Miami, reaching out to missing persons organizations nationwide, trying to get the word out. She believes her daughter Stepha is in some kind of trouble.
The 22-year-old left Brooklyn and headed to Miami for what was supposed to be a relaxing weekend. That was 14 days ago.
"My family, we just booked everything for Miami, we just pick up our suitcases and came here," Sylvia said.
Sylvia and Steve Henry couldn't stand it anymore, waiting in Brooklyn as investigators in Miami search for their missing daughter. So the couple headed to south Florida with a message for Stepha.
"Stepha, I love you very much, and you know I need you home," Sylvia said. "And I would like you to please, if you could even talk, wherever you are, tell someone to call your mother or call someone and we'll come get you."
Stepha was last seen two weeks ago at her aunt's home in Miami Gardens. The 22-year-old graduate of John Jay College was heading to a club in Fort Lauderdale and left her aunt's home at about 1:00 a.m. May 29. She was seen getting into a black car with a male friend.
"She was last seen outside there in this vehicle," Miami-Dade police Detective Toy Rutland said. "Again, it's a four-door Acura Integra."
They did make it to the club, seen in footage captured from video camera taken inside the club. Detectives also say she checked her cell phone voice mail three hours later, at 4:13 a.m. That was the last activity on her cell.
Now, it just rings to voice mail.
"Every time the phone rings, I'm thinking, every time the door opens, I'm thinking it's someone coming to say they found her and brought her home," Sylvia said.
Relatives in Brooklyn held a vigil for Stepha last week. She was in Miami for an annual Memorial Day getaway, also celebrating her sister's 16th birthday. Stepha was a woman who one day dreamed of becoming an attorney, a woman family members say would never simply disappear. Police reportedly spoke with that male friend of Stepha's. They say he told them that they separated at the club. Police are also still looking for that black car.

Why can they not ping it and locate the phone like they did Kelsey Smiths?

http://www.bet.com/News/StephaHenry...ferrer={03CE5360-2620-42CB-AD7E-77E4249C5FB7}

Foul Play Suspected in Missing Woman's Case
From Staff & Wire Services

Posted June 13, 2007 – The parents of Stepha Henry, a Black woman who went missing 15 days ago, say they're worried because they believe their daughter is in some kind of trouble. And investigators agree.

They tell WABC-TV in New York that everything about this case reeks of foul play.

"She has never done anything like this. We are very worried. We love her and just want her home," said Henry's mother,

..............more at link...........

On Greta last night they said that the acquaintance who drove her to the club is NOT a supspect. He said he left her at the club and Stepha last used her cell phone at 4:13 AM. LE shouldn't eliminate him as a supsect so soon, you know? It sounds like she was abducted like Jennifer Kesse was.

It's amazing that most of the white missing women get so much posts and attention that a missing black woman.

Most people subconsciously discriminate in America and the world for that matter. That just seems to be a part of human nature. Blacks in general just don't seem to get that much attention even worldwide.

How else do you explain that half a million people in Darfur are already dead and the genocide keeps going on everyday and no one in the world cares to stop it? The world stood by in Rwanda too as many hundreds of thousands were killed there also.

There is already a thread on Stepha Henry on the same page further down the list. Why didn't you post this there?

On Greta last night they said that the acquaintance who drove her to the club is NOT a supspect. He said he left her at the club and Stepha last used her cell phone at 4:13 AM. LE shouldn't eliminate him as a supsect so soon, you know? It sounds like she was abducted like Jennifer Kesse was.

It's amazing that most of the white missing women get so much posts and attention that a missing black woman.

Most people subconsciously discriminate in America and the world for that matter. That just seems to be a part of human nature. Blacks in general just don't seem to get that much attention even worldwide.

How else do you explain that half a million people in Darfur are already dead and the genocide keeps going on everyday and no one in the world cares to stop it? How else do you explain why the world stood by in Rwanda too as many hundreds of thousands were killed there?

So sad, I hope she comes home soon. Too many people going missing - how can there be so many bad people in the world?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back