Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 473
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,553
    I so agree about nobody knows where that estimate came from unless it was in some report we don't know about. I wonder if the TOD was based on bone scatter (how far out Princess Blue's bones were spread)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Malisow View Post
    Yeah, I tend to agree with you. It just seems to make more sense that she died in the late 80's/1990. It's just frustrating that no one -- not even the investigators -- know for sure where the 6-12 mos. figure came from.


  2. #242
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Malisow View Post
    Lion -- thanks, and my thoughts are with you and your mother.

    I was just wondering if, since we don't know time of death, every one's making this harder than it needs to be and she was actually a member of the class of 1975.
    Thank you, Craig. Even prior to having access to the original ME's report(thanks again, Craig, I understood that her teeth were present in her skull. In addition, many of her bones were found in disarticulated(separated at the joints--in this case from natural decomposition) but in good condition. Although, we have yet to find a forensic specialist able to give us a time-line for decomp of a human body left in the open in the Houston area, decomp follows a fairly predictable time-line dependent in a large part to the conditions, climate, soil type, and more.

    We have all heard of bodies thousands of years old that are intact. But, in these cases the bodies had either been frozen all that time(high up in the mountains in the ice or snow) or the body was in a tomb in the desert. In unprotected, warmth which lots of humidity as in the Houston area decay occurs most rapidly. Since her teeth were still present and not disarticulated, scattered, or decayed her TOD was more likely 6 months to a year prior to discovery.

    In addition to many of her bones still being present and her teeth being present and intact there was bone marrow present in at least one long bone or rib. They tested Princess Blue for drugs via her bone marrow. This means her bone marrow was present and viable for testing. I don't know for how long bone marrow will still be present and viable for testing in remains left in the open in the Houston area. But, chances are it may not be present and viable after just a couple of years. I have yet to find conclusive facts on this yet, unfortunately.

    Here is a web site with some general info about decomp of a human body.

    http://www.anthro4n6.net/forensics/

    It is possible that there is a zebra here(less common than a horse). The zebra would be that someone killed her, froze her, and finally dumped her body years later. But, that is a huge long shot of a zebra.

    Lion


  3. #243
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,553
    bumping for Princess Blue


  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    1,571
    bump


  5. #245
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,336
    Just checking in.....bump
    "Life ain't hard, just get a job and don't kill anybody." by richandfamous

    "Even my moderation is excessive." by richandfamous


  6. #246
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    572

    Exclamation Good news

    Princess Blue's story is on the front page of the Houston Press.

    I think this is GREAT because the Houston Press has a wide circulation here in Houston, especially among 20-30 year olds. Maybe someone will read it and it will jog their memory.

    http://www.houstonpress.com/2007-09-13/news/cold-case/

    EDIT: There's a mention in the article about one of the members of Websleuths!!!


  7. #247
    Hello all -- I was going to tell you about the story, but I see someone beat me to it! (I was out sick yesterday, otherwise I would've posted it right away). Hope you enjoy!

    Craig


  8. #248
    Bravo!! Thanks Craig, that's a great story. And nice work all you sleuthers... Princess Blue WILL have an identity eventually.


  9. #249
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,284
    I went ahead and emailed the editors (and press credited- Craig haha) for running the story, especially on page 1.

    You guys work so hard... you're awesome! And I got goosebumps when I saw that they mentioned Alex's overlay! Yay for photoshop! Congrats everyone!
    MG


  10. #250
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,553
    Hi MrsG, Why did you email the editors again? Craig Malisow wrote the article in the Houston Press about Princess Blue.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsG728 View Post
    I went ahead and emailed the editors (and press credited- Craig haha) for running the story, especially on page 1.

    You guys work so hard... you're awesome! And I got goosebumps when I saw that they mentioned Alex's overlay! Yay for photoshop! Congrats everyone!
    MG


  11. #251
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    1,571
    Excellent article! Thanks again, Craig.


  12. #252
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,284
    Quote Originally Posted by RKnowley View Post
    Hi MrsG, Why did you email the editors again? Craig Malisow wrote the article in the Houston Press about Princess Blue.
    I sent a thank you to craig and the editors for running the story.


  13. #253
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,553
    Good Girl!

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsG728 View Post
    I sent a thank you to craig and the editors for running the story.


  14. #254
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    128
    Sorry to intrude(im a newbie) - I just wanted to ask a question since you guys were talking about the possible date the uidentified died - is it possible that because of how this one was found (i believe in some old tires) that perhaps the remains were moved here at a later date?

    Could remains still be back from the 70s but have been kept somewhere else and then dumped ?

    Another question - since the area was described as a dumping ground - would it not have ever been cleaned up by the county or city? Or could the tires have been there for years?

    Last question - has anyone dated the tires she was found in? Model year etc.. and would that have a bearing on the case?

    Again sorry to intrude - these questions just keep occuring to me while I read this one - thank you in advance for anyone who can answer these.


  15. #255
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Alpha View Post
    Sorry to intrude(im a newbie) - I just wanted to ask a question since you guys were talking about the possible date the uidentified died - is it possible that because of how this one was found (i believe in some old tires) that perhaps the remains were moved here at a later date?

    Could remains still be back from the 70s but have been kept somewhere else and then dumped ?

    Another question - since the area was described as a dumping ground - would it not have ever been cleaned up by the county or city? Or could the tires have been there for years?

    Last question - has anyone dated the tires she was found in? Model year etc.. and would that have a bearing on the case?

    Again sorry to intrude - these questions just keep occuring to me while I read this one - thank you in advance for anyone who can answer these.
    You're not intruding at all. Other thoughts are always welcome. I think anything is possible as far as timeline of her remains being dumped. I'm not sure about whether the area was ever cleaned up. From my understanding, the area is off a main road and people throw trash out there. Somewhere we have a satellite picture of the area over on someoneknowsme.

    With regard to the tires, I have no idea.


Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •