The Doe Network, Part 3: Who is Princess Blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PrincessBlue1.jpg
These are both sketches of Princess Blue. Please note that no one knows her what her hair color, eye color, or skin tone was. Focusing on her facial structure and imagining her with any hair color, eye color, and skin tone may help bring back memories of who she was. Princess Blue may have been White (aka Caucasian) with the possibility of mixed race ancestry.

PrincessBlueupdatedpic.jpg

This is part two of a thread called, The Doe Network" at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48232

The Doe Network:
Case File 137UFTX

137UFTX.jpg
Please Note: She is now being described as, "White" on the TX dps site. This has recently been changed. It is a possibility that she was White with the possibility of mixed race ancestry.
Victim's Ring
Unidentified White / Hispanic Female

• The victim was discovered on September 10, 1990 in Brazoria County, Texas.
  • Estimated Date of Death: 6 months - 1 year
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 16 - 22 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 4'10" - 5'2"
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: The victim possibly had a tumor on her knee.
  • Dentals: Dental information available
  • DNA: IN CODIS
  • Jewelry: A gold band with 6 clear stones, 2 thin silver bands, a silver band with a scroll design, a Robert E. Lee High School ring (1975), a silver ring with a turquoise unicorn and a pearl-beaded bracelet.
137UFTX1.jpg
137UFTX2.jpg

Victim's Rings
Case History
The victim was located on a pile of debris at the end of a Brazoria County road on September 10, 1990
The skeleton was found by an Alvin man who had pulled off the highway to find a place to urinate. He stepped behind a barricade and saw a skull in an old tire.
Authorities beleive the rings are the clue to solving the case. Three rings were on the skeleton's fingers. One was silver with a scroll design, another had a turquoise unicorn on it. But investigators think the 1975 Lee High School ring probably has the best chance of leading to her identity. A jeweler told investigators the ring was a size 9 1/2 and had been resized twice. The person it fit was probably about 175 pounds. She would have been far too young for the 1975 class ring to be hers. It could have been given to her by an aunt, an older sister, by anybody.
The company that made Lee High School's rings doesn't have records from 1975. The Lee class of 1975 probably had about 150 girls. Authorities would like to hear from any of the girls who lost a ring or gave it to somebody else. An ornate "L" inlaid in the blue stone could have stood for the owner's last name or for Lee High School.
No traces of drugs were found in the bone marrow.

Manvel, Texas
Manvel Police Department
POC: Jay Coffman - 281-489-1212
Saturday, September 2, 2006

Ring is top clue in cold case

Teens Remains were found along Brazoria County road in 1990

By: Richard Stewart (richard.stewart@chron.com), Houston Chronicle

ANGLETON, TEXAS - A well-worn ring from the 1975 class of Houston's Robert E. Lee High School is the main evidence police have to try to unravel a 16-year-old mystery. It was found on the finger of a skeleton at the end of a Brazoria County road in 1990.

"It's not much to go on," said Manvel police Detective Jay Coffman, "but it's about all we've got."

In the nine years since the remains were found, investigators have not been able to tell what happened to the female victim, how she got to be on a pile of debris or, more importantly, who she was.

"Somebody's missing this girl," Coffman said, holding the ring. Somebody is missing the ring, too, he said, because he doubts it originally belonged to the victim.

A medical examiner's report estimated that the skeleton found on September 10, 1990, was that of a girl about 17 years old, plus or minus two years, Coffman said. She would have been far too young for the 1975 class ring to be hers.

(Please Note: Princess Blue's time of death has recently been changed from between 6 months to 1 year prior to being found on September 10th, 1990 to, "Unknown." Therefore, it is possible that the ring did originally belong to her. I am currently trying to work this possibility out with the fact that it was reported that bone marrow was taken from at least one of her bones for drug testing. I don't know how there would have been viable bone marrow left in 1990 if she had been killed years before in the mid 70's. Please look for updated information on this in future posts).

"It could have been given to her by an aunt, an older sisters, by anybody," Coffman said.

Richard Rosser, an investigator with the Brazoria County Sheriff's Department, is working with Coffman to solve the mystery.

"Back then, Brazoria County was a dumping ground for bodies of people killed in Houston," Rosser said. "It seemed like we had at least one a month."

The skeleton was found by an Alvin man who had pulled off the highway to find a place to urinate. He told investigators that he stepped behind a barricade and saw a skull in an old tire.

Investigators have no clues as to how she died. No traces of drugs were found in the bone marrow. Medical examiners estimated she had been dead six months to a year.

The victim was about 5 feet tall, plus or minus 2 inches. Medical examiners said the skeleton was probably that of a Hispanic female.

Investigators looked at dozens of different reports of missing teenage girls, but none seemed to match the skeleton.

Three rings were on the skeleton's fingers. One was silver with a scroll design, another had a turquoise unicorn on it. But investigators think the 1975 Lee High School ring probably has the best chance of leading to her identity.

A jeweler recently told investigators the ring was a size 91/2 and had been resized twice. The person it fit was probably about 175 pounds. [Please Note: The TX dps site has changed her weight to, "unknown". A forensic pathologist was not used to help determine her weight. Going by just the ring size would not necessarily be accurate]

An ornate "L" inlaid in the blue stone could have stood for the owner's last name or for Lee High School. The company that made Lee High School's rings doesn't have records from 1975, Rosser said.

The Lee class of 1975 probably had about 150 girls, Rosser said. He would like to hear from any of them who lost a ring or gave it to somebody else. The skeleton is now at the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Forth Worth. That facility operates the Texas Missing Persons DNA Database, which, in turn, feeds information about missing persons to the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), operated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

If investigators get new leads, they can try to test the DNA of relatives to identify her.

"We would at least have a name," Coffman said.

Anyone with information about this case can contact Manvel Police Detective Jay Coffman at 281-489-1212 or e-mail him at jcoffman@manvelpd.org.

Sloane, please check your PM's--they are runningith overith lol.

Lion

Sable you are quick! Thank you so much for copying the info. I too thought the thread was long, so I hope it is okay with everyone that I started a new one. I sent PM's to the core group members and gave them a link.

I couldn't include one for sloane, but since I sleft the link for this thread on the last post I think everyone can find this easily.

I haven't heard from MrsG for some time, and I PM'd her a little while ago. I hope she is doing okay, but I know she has a lot going on.

Lion

I am still searching ,I know all all of you are better at it than me, will still keep trying

Thank you sissy:). I am probably not as good as you at it, or at least my dial up isn't. Can you tell me the names of the major local TV stations are? For example, we have one called KVUE 24. Then I can google it and hopefully find it. Thanks muches:)

Lion

lion,These are the major local news... we have krtk 13, khou 11 and krpc 12 , there are a few smaller ones and I will keep searching

The Doe Network:
Case File 955DFFL

Tabbetha Kay Worford
Missing since May 5, 1990 from Pensacola, Escambia County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: July 23, 1970
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'11; 85 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
  • Medical: Tabbetha has a club foot.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Worford disappeared from her North Fairfiled Road Apartment the night of May 5, 1990.
Worford’s baby was found abandoned on the doorstep of the ex-wife of the baby’s father, Tim Reno

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Escambia County Sheriff's Office
850-436-9599
Email Form

Agency Case Number: 90S681230
NCIC Number: M-423169639
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
Escambia County Sheriff's Office
FDLE

http://doenetwork.org/cases/955dffl.html

Morgan Anne Munson

Missing Since:
Missing From: Baton Rouge, LA
Sex: Female
Height: 5 ft.
Weight: 120 lbs.
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
Race: Caucasian
Complexion: Fair
Birth Date:
Last seen wearing: Unknown.
Last Seen: Morgan was last seen boarding a Greyhound bus in Baton Rouge, LA to go to Houston, TX. She has not been seen or heard from since.

Please call the Houston Police Department at (713) 731-5224. Or Call Texas EquuSearch at 281-309-9500 or Toll-free (877) 270-9500. Fax: 281-534-6719

Case #

TES Case # 03191

http://www.texasequusearch.org/images/patch_for_stickers.png[/IMG]

Prepared by: Texas EquuSearch Mounted
Search and Recovery Team

Download Flyers From: www.texasequusearch.org

Email: info@texasequusearch.org

http://www.texasequusearch.org/missing_persons/MorganMunson.htm

I edited down the Morgan Munson page as much as I could, and I have no idea when she went missing, though I spent several hours trying to track it down. I'll check the Houston Chron archives now and see if I can find anything there.
Lanie

Hi Lanie:). I have a gut feeling about what may have happened to poor Tabbetha. I find it odd that her baby was found, "abandoned" on the doorstep of the ex-wife of the baby's father. Hmmm. My guess is that is the last place that a woman would leave a baby in most cases. Very strange. I don't know how much of Princess Blue's skeletal remains were found in Manvel. If they have bones from both feet and ankles they would have been able to tell and would have reported that she had a club foot. But, we just don't know. We want to hold on to any possible match, but I doubt this would be her.

Lion

Sable on the previous thread you had asked what Kimberly Shawn Cheatham's mother's maiden name is and it is Coates. None of them in the class of 75 alumni either. First thing I checked was for her parents or siblings being in the Class of 75.

Even though Morgan has a fair complexion with blue eyes it does not rule her out as being our Princess Blue. Princess could have had any type of complexion--we just don't know.

It is interesting that she was last seen boarding a bus heading to Houston, and she is the right height. I wonder if we can find out if she has ties to Houston to see where if at all the ring might fit in.

Do you have the link for the page on Morgan that you posted? I want to email TX Equisearch and ask them if they have a date last seen for her, and I want to direct them to the link.

Thank you for doing this research and posting it for us, Lanie!

Lion

The link for Morgan is the giant blue underlined thing at the bottom of the page. When I first tried to post it, the whole thing was humongous, so I shrank the fonts down some.

I agree with you about having a good guess about what happened to Tabbetha. I still think she could be possible, though remote. The reports for Princess Blue sometimes refer to "incomplete skeletal remains", which could explain the club foot, but it is a pretty far distance to dump a body if my suspicions are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82