Beef Recall Expanded to Millions of Pounds

Dark Knight

Reaction score
A meat supplier has greatly expanded a ground beef recall, which now includes about 5.7 million pounds of fresh and frozen meat that may be contaminated with E. coli.

David Goldman, acting administrator of the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service, announced on Saturday that the recall would be expanded to include products with sell-by dates from April 6-April 20. The beef, sold in 11 Western states, was distributed by California-based United Food Group LLC.

Goldman said that none of the latest batch of suspect beef is in stores now because the product would be well past its expiration date, but consumers may still have some of the meat at home.

"It is important for consumers to look in their freezers," Goldman said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070610/ap_on_re_us/beef_recall&printer=1

Have to say I'm alarmed about this. I cook with beef 2 days a week. Millions of pounds of beef is a lot of beef.

I saw the name "trader joe's" on the list of products. Most of the others I'm not aware of though. I hope nobody dies as a result of this. :(

Me too but think of how sick people will get if the meat is eaten and it's infected. pleclkkkkkkkkkk

Whats Next is all I can think. With the pet food recall and all. This is getting really really sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back