CANADA Canada - Karla Terry, 13, Vancouver BC, June 2007

lostwithoutyou

Pray for the Missing ♥
Reaction score
Search on for missing Vancouver teen

Published: Sunday, June 10, 2007

Vancouver police are looking for a developmentally disabled 13-year-old girl after she went missing from a west-side elementary school Friday.

Karla Terry was discovered missing by her grandfather, Lloyd, when he came to pick her up from General Gordon School, located
at 2896 W 6th Ave. Department spokesman Const. Tim Fanning said the girl may have had a falling out with her grandfather "and it may have been enough for her to run away and not call him."
Police say they are concerned for the girl's safety because of her disability. It's not clear whether Terry has any money with her.
Fanning said Terry has run away from home four times in the last two months, but only for five to 10 hours at a time. He said police do not suspect foul play.
Other police agencies have also been contacted because she is also known to frequent North Vancouver and Surrey. Terry is described as native, 1.52 m tall (five ft.), 43 kg (95 lbs), with shoulder length brown hair. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, white sneakers and carrying a pink, blue and white floral backpack. Anyone with information is asked to contact Vancouver police at 604-717-3535.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.html?id=df4f0d18-d103-47aa-96b9-0deb5c1291a9&k=91923

If she's disabled in any way, and has run away from home that much, I would have found some way to get GPS on her without her knowing.

I hope she's found alive and well soon. :( I wonder if her parents are in her life?

I was wondering if her parents are in her life as well. It seems like she was living with her grandparents or atleast her grandfather, but I dont know. I hope she will be recovered safely.

If she's disabled in any way, and has run away from home that much, I would have found some way to get GPS on her without her knowing.

I hope she's found alive and well soon. :( I wonder if her parents are in her life?

More like CPS or counseling, there's something more going on.

'Karla, we want you home,' says granddad

Published: Monday, June 11, 2007
The grandfather of a Vancouver teen missing since Friday is pleading for the girl to come home.
"Karla, we all love you here," Lloyd Terry said yesterday. "I love you more than anybody in this world. We want you home."
Karla Joy Terry, 13, was last seen at her elementary school.
Lloyd believes Karla ran away just minutes before he arrived at General Gordon school to pick her up.
Karla is developmentally challenged and has the cognitive abilities of a nine-year-old.
She has run away four times in the past eight weeks but never for more than a few hours, Lloyd said. He believes she was seen late Friday in the Guilford area of Surrey where the two used to live. She has been known to show up in North Vancouver.
Const. Tim Fanning of the Vancouver police said investigators are in touch with police from across the Lower Mainland.
"Certainly because of her age and cognitive skills and the fact she has been missing since Friday, we are concerned," Fanning said.
Karla Joy Terry is aboriginal, about five-feet tall, 95 pounds with shoulder-length brown hair. She was last seen wearing blue jeans and white sneakers and was carrying a pink, blue and white floral backpack.

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=788207d1-c0c8-4b0b-af1a-513063831785

I wonder why they don't look harder for her. She's obviously not equipped to be out in the world on her own, regardless of what she thinks she wants.

I hope she is home safe with her granddaddy and they are getting the help they need.

After checking news and google search, I can find nothing new.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back