1130 users online (236 members and 894 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NJ - Amy Giordano, 25, Hightstown, 8 June 2007

http://www.nbc10.com/news/13480204/d...=headlineclick

Police said a toddler who was found abandoned in the parking lot of a Delaware hospital on Saturday had a note on him, but they did not release what it said.

The 12-to-18 month old toddler was found outside Christiana Medical Center by a hospital employee at about 12:45 p.m. Saturday after they heard a little boy screaming in a shaded area.

Although he was alone, police said he was bathed, was wearing clean clothing and appeared very well cared for.
    My FIL was disturbed and felt it was terrible crime to leave this little boy abandoned but I have to say i disagree. This boy who has been well cared for was left outside a hospital a fairly safe location where he was likely to be found quickly. I would have felt better had the parents placed the child inside the lobby or elsewhere in the hospital I suspect they did not due to the law limiting the safe haven to 14 days old or younger and the likihood of the cameras which could have snapped their pictures.. I would rather have had the parents give up their rights rather than hear of another child suffering as so many have and havee read of it here as we do with so many children...

what brings someone to this?
    did the parents have no support system?
    i can't imagine what it would take for me to abandon my kids somewhere.
    but i guess a hospital is as good a place as any, i'm thankful that a hospital employee found him, not a bad guy...

Wow, we've been through some pretty tough stages with my little guy, but I can't imagine ever abandoning him.
    The parents must have been absolutely desperate. If they have other family, they must be asking where the child is.

i just looked at the linked article, he is a cutie too. so sad for him.... he's old enough to miss his mommy.

He is a cutie isn't he? Just looking at those big pretty eyes makes me so sad for him.
    Happy New Years

This is so very sad, and I hope this little boy is raised by a loving, stable family. I am very glad that whomever abandoned him, most likely his mother, chose to do this rather than an unspeakable alternate choice that we see more and more of. He had been recently bathed and seemed to be well cared for, so in some way the parent(mother?) did care about him. This does not excuse the fact that he/she abandoned that sweet little boy. I am just very glad that she left him at a hospital and did not harm him.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by opme View Post
    http://www.nbc10.com/news/13480204/d...=headlineclick

Police said a toddler who was found abandoned in the parking lot of a Delaware hospital on Saturday had a note on him, but they did not release what it said.

The 12-to-18 month old toddler was found outside Christiana Medical Center by a hospital employee at about 12:45 p.m. Saturday after they heard a little boy screaming in a shaded area.

Although he was alone, police said he was bathed, was wearing clean clothing and appeared very well cared for.
    My FIL was disturbed and felt it was terrible crime to leave this little boy abandoned but I have to say i disagree. This boy who has been well cared for was left outside a hospital a fairly safe location where he was likely to be found quickly. I would have felt better had the parents placed the child inside the lobby or elsewhere in the hospital I suspect they did not due to the law limiting the safe haven to 14 days old or younger and the likihood of the cameras which could have snapped their pictures.. I would rather have had the parents give up their rights rather than hear of another child suffering as so many have and havee read of it here as we do with so many children...
    I don't know the location of this hospital, but if it's anything like the hospitals around here, they are all located on very busy streets. If that child had wandered off from where he was abandoned, he could have been seriously injured or killed by passing traffic.

That said, I am glad he was left at the hospital, but I only wish whoever had left him in a building instead of a parking lot.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

What a little doll he is! I wonder why they wont release what was in the note?
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

The parking lot is fairly busy and he could have been hurt had he wandered in front of a car. At his height no one would have seen him in front or behind them...also I wondered too if the parent(s) had actually watched to see that someone found him or if they truly just walked/drove away. I cant imagine how desperate the situation must have been to drive him/her/them to the point of giving up this littel cutie.. I could never have done so.

Opme, this is so true. This poor little one could have been injured by a vehicle or who knows what could have happened to him. I also wonder if the parent(s) watched until he was found and safe. Regardless, it was an awful thing to do, and I, too cannot imagine the desperation the person(s) may have felt. My heart goes out for this dear, little boy.

Lion

It's very possible that whomever left him was still "around" and keeping an eye on him, but not obviously enough to be noticed - to make sure he didn't wander off or into the street........

I think this is a wonderful story when you compare it to all the druggies and idiots that let their kids starve or their boyfriends beat them to death....

I have to wonder, though, with there being a note (details of which aren't being released), if there's suspicion that something happened to his parents and that perhaps they didn't abandon him of their own free will?

I wonder if he has some kind of medical problem that his family couldn't deal with financially or emotionally.

He looks foreign I wonder if the parent(s) were in fear of being deported but they wanted a better life for him in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    What a little doll he is! I wonder why they wont release what was in the note?
    i would think they are witholding it to try to use it to verify family members if they step forward, i'm sure they would not want to hand this baby over to the wrong sort of person.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast