Missing dog found 430 miles from home

PlasmaFiend024

Reaction score
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. - A basset hound that disappeared from its California home in December has been found 430 miles away in Arizona.

The dog, named Fred, was found by an employee Wednesday in the parking lot of the Second Chance Center for Animals in Flagstaff.

The next morning, staff members with the shelter found a microchip in Fred that let them figure out he was registered at Riverside County Animal Control
more at link...http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0610flagstaffdog-ON.html

We lost our much loved dog and she had that chip. I dont think she got lost I think she was stolen out of our yard. I am always hoping that some day we will hear some good news like this.

He was probably on a trail and sniffing all the way. I'm glad there is a happy ending for this dog and his owners.

Our dog is microchipped also, better to have them microchipped!
Glow, i am sorry to here about your lost pup. Was she a purebred? I've heard of cases of people stealing dogs before. The best hope is that if she was stolen, she gets away from the thieves and then is scanned in somewhere and you get a call one day that they found her. God bless

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. - A basset hound that disappeared from its California home in December has been found 430 miles away in Arizona.

The dog, named Fred, was found by an employee Wednesday in the parking lot of the Second Chance Center for Animals in Flagstaff.

The next morning, staff members with the shelter found a microchip in Fred that let them figure out he was registered at Riverside County Animal Control
more at link...http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0610flagstaffdog-ON.html
Oh that is wonderful news!!! :clap: :clap: thanks so much for finding that article. I'm wondering how the dog got to Arizona? But I love this part of the article:

"Paul Fink, a veterinarian at the Flagstaff shelter and a pilot, has offered to fly the dog home to his family."

So nice to see good people out there!! ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back