691 users online (121 members and 570 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NJ - Eva Marie Fiedler, 6, Somerville, 23 Aug 1984

Eva Marie Fiedler

Photos and Age Progression:

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: August 23, 1984 from Somerville, New Jersey
    Classification: Family Abduction
    Date Of Birth: May 9, 1978
    Height and Weight: 3'9, 65 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Eva has wine-colored birthmarks on her left calf and on the nape of her neck. Some agencies spell her name "Evamarie."

Details of Disappearance
    Eva was last seen in Somerville, New Jersey on August 23, 1984. She has never been heard from again. She was abducted her non-custodial mother, Nancy Fiedler. A photograph and vital statistics for Nancy are posted below this case summary. A felony warrant for interference with child custody was issued for her on July 1, 1985. Nancy and Eva's whereabouts remain unknown and Eva's case is unsolved.

Nancy Fiedler

Date of Birth: October 18, 1952
    Height and Weight: 5'9, 230 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Eva may use the last names Dunsavage, House and/or Gluck.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Somerville Police Department
    201-725-6900

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fiedler_eva.html

FOUND - Eva Marie Fiedler (6) - Somerville NJ, 1984 - FOUND

Missing Since: August 23, 1984 from Somerville, New Jersey
    Classification: Family Abduction
    Date Of Birth: May 9, 1978
    Height and Weight: 3'9, 65 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Eva has wine-colored birthmarks on her left calf and on the nape of her neck. Some agencies spell her name "Evamarie."

Details of Disappearance

Eva was last seen in Somerville, New Jersey on August 23, 1984. She has never been heard from again. She was abducted her non-custodial mother, Nancy Fiedler. A photograph and vital statistics for Nancy are posted below this case summary. A felony warrant for interference with child custody was issued for her on July 1, 1985. Nancy and Eva's whereabouts remain unknown and Eva's case is unsolved.

Above: Nancy Fiedler
    Date of Birth: October 18, 1952
    Height and Weight: 5'9, 230 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Eva may use the last names Dunsavage, House and/or Gluck.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Somerville Police Department

201-725-6900

Eva is now 32 yrs old now. It's time to come home. Let your family love you sweetheart. Let's bring her home. She's been missed by her family for 26 yrs. That's a lot of love to make up for...you are loved Eva.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...duction_o.html

WASHOE COUNTY, Nev. — A woman sought on an abduction charge since she fled a New Jersey child custody hearing in 1984 with her 6-year-old daughter was arrested Tuesday night by Nevada authorities.
    Washoe County sheriff's deputies took 57-year-old Nancy Dunsavage Fiedler, who was living under the name Debbie Reed, into custody at her home near Reno, Nev.

NJ - Nancy Fiedler for parental abduction, Somerville, 23 Aug 1984

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us1984_ab...FycmVzdGVkZg--

Mom arrested for abducting daughter 25 years ago

"A 32-year-old Nevada woman who was unaware that her mother abducted her as a child from New Jersey inadvertently alerted authorities when the daughter tried to change her name to get married, police said Wednesday.

Nancy Dunsavage Fiedler, 57, of Incline Village, was arrested Tuesday at her home near Lake Tahoe after she admitted to being the woman named on a fugitive warrant issued in New Jersey 25 years ago, the Washoe County sheriff's office said...."

and

"....Fiedler, who was using the alias Debbie Reed in Nevada, did not have custody of 6-year-old Eva Marie Fiedler when the two disappeared during a break in a custody hearing in August 1984 in Somerville, N.J., New Jersey prosecutors said...."

more at link

Here's another article about this old abduction case...

http://www.northjersey.com/news/crim...ted_in_NV.html
    Last edited by bogeygal; 10-06-2010 at 11:23 PM.

UPDATE: Girl found 26 years after she was reported missing; mother arrested

[snip]

The search ended Tuesday when Eva Marie Fiedler went to court officials in Washoe County, Nevada, to have her name changed so she she could get a marriage license, according to authorities. She wanted to change her name to "Melissa Reed,'' authorities said.

But a background check found that Eva Marie Fiedler was listed as a missing person by the National Crime Information Center (NCIC).

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic...other-arrested

Authorities find woman, daughter she allegedly snatched in 1984

A former New Jersey woman now living in Nevada was arrested on suspicion of abducting her daughter during a custody struggle more than 25 years ago, authorities said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/07/...uction.arrest/

N.J. officials to extradite woman suspected of abducting her daughter in 1984

http://www.tahoebonanza.com/article/...101009935/1001

A Lake Tahoe woman who was arrested this week on suspicion of abducting her daughter 25 years ago remains on a no-bail warrant, awaiting extradition to New Jersey, officials confirmed Thursday.

Wow, amazing!

Wow is right! I lived in Somerset NJ when this happened! I bet the father will be thrilled to be reunited with his daughter!

Wow, just wow! Best wishes to Eva.

"I learned the reason that for all these years I have not had a proper ID or valid Social Security number for `Melissa Reed' and why I could not get a driver's license, bank account, passport or travel by plane, all because of my assumed name," she said.

It was not immediately clear how the daughter got through life without valid documents.

Yes, how exactly did she get to the age of 32 with no SS# or bank acc't. Did she not ever work, drive, or travel in her life? And did she not ever question authorities or her mother prior to this age as to why she couldn't get proper papers?

No, she did not know her father but just perhaps, he was not the ogre her mother claimed - just perhaps, a father-daughter bonding & relationship has been forever destroyed b/c the mother decided to take the law into her own hands. I sincerely hope Nancy Dunsavage has no regrets while she's sitting in prison. I'd like to hear from the father, if he's even still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    "I learned the reason that for all these years I have not had a proper ID or valid Social Security number for `Melissa Reed' and why I could not get a driver's license, bank account, passport or travel by plane, all because of my assumed name," she said.

It was not immediately clear how the daughter got through life without valid documents.

Yes, how exactly did she get to the age of 32 with no SS# or bank acc't. Did she not ever work, drive, or travel in her life? And did she not ever question authorities or her mother prior to this age as to why she couldn't get proper papers?

No, she did not know her father but just perhaps, he was not the ogre her mother claimed - just perhaps, a father-daughter bonding & relationship has been forever destroyed b/c the mother decided to take the law into her own hands. I sincerely hope Nancy Dunsavage has no regrets while she's sitting in prison. I'd like to hear from the father, if he's even still alive.
    I wish we knew more about what the mother really told her daughter. It is very disturbing that a 32 year old never had viable ID without questioning it or researching it independently. I am guessing that the mother practiced a very effective brand of "alienation of affection". I'd just be curious at what age she did that and what she told the daughter about the father. I think most kids teenage or up would research independently, even if their mom had always told them their father was a horrible person.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast