fiedler_eva.jpg

fiedler_eva2.jpg
fiedler_eva_ap.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: August 23, 1984 from Somerville, New Jersey
Classification: Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: May 9, 1978
Height and Weight: 3'9, 65 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Eva has wine-colored birthmarks on her left calf and on the nape of her neck. Some agencies spell her name "Evamarie."

Details of Disappearance
Eva was last seen in Somerville, New Jersey on August 23, 1984. She has never been heard from again. She was abducted her non-custodial mother, Nancy Fiedler. A photograph and vital statistics for Nancy are posted below this case summary. A felony warrant for interference with child custody was issued for her on July 1, 1985. Nancy and Eva's whereabouts remain unknown and Eva's case is unsolved.

Nancy Fiedler

fiedler_abductor.jpg

Date of Birth: October 18, 1952
Height and Weight: 5'9, 230 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Eva may use the last names Dunsavage, House and/or Gluck.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Somerville Police Department
201-725-6900

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fiedler_eva.html

fiedler_eva.jpg
fiedler_eva_ap.jpg

Missing Since: August 23, 1984 from Somerville, New Jersey
Classification: Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: May 9, 1978
Height and Weight: 3'9, 65 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Eva has wine-colored birthmarks on her left calf and on the nape of her neck. Some agencies spell her name "Evamarie."

Details of Disappearance

Eva was last seen in Somerville, New Jersey on August 23, 1984. She has never been heard from again. She was abducted her non-custodial mother, Nancy Fiedler. A photograph and vital statistics for Nancy are posted below this case summary. A felony warrant for interference with child custody was issued for her on July 1, 1985. Nancy and Eva's whereabouts remain unknown and Eva's case is unsolved.

fiedler_abductor.jpg

Above: Nancy Fiedler
Date of Birth: October 18, 1952
Height and Weight: 5'9, 230 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Eva may use the last names Dunsavage, House and/or Gluck.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Somerville Police Department

201-725-6900

Eva is now 32 yrs old now. It's time to come home. Let your family love you sweetheart. Let's bring her home. She's been missed by her family for 26 yrs. That's a lot of love to make up for...you are loved Eva.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us1984_a...uX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA21vbWFycmVzdGVkZg--

Mom arrested for abducting daughter 25 years ago

"A 32-year-old Nevada woman who was unaware that her mother abducted her as a child from New Jersey inadvertently alerted authorities when the daughter tried to change her name to get married, police said Wednesday.

Nancy Dunsavage Fiedler, 57, of Incline Village, was arrested Tuesday at her home near Lake Tahoe after she admitted to being the woman named on a fugitive warrant issued in New Jersey 25 years ago, the Washoe County sheriff's office said...."

and

"....Fiedler, who was using the alias Debbie Reed in Nevada, did not have custody of 6-year-old Eva Marie Fiedler when the two disappeared during a break in a custody hearing in August 1984 in Somerville, N.J., New Jersey prosecutors said...."

more at link

UPDATE: Girl found 26 years after she was reported missing; mother arrested

[snip]

The search ended Tuesday when Eva Marie Fiedler went to court officials in Washoe County, Nevada, to have her name changed so she she could get a marriage license, according to authorities. She wanted to change her name to "Melissa Reed,'' authorities said.

But a background check found that Eva Marie Fiedler was listed as a missing person by the National Crime Information Center (NCIC).

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/arti...fter-she-was-reported-missing-mother-arrested

Wow is right! I lived in Somerset NJ when this happened! I bet the father will be thrilled to be reunited with his daughter!

"I learned the reason that for all these years I have not had a proper ID or valid Social Security number for `Melissa Reed' and why I could not get a driver's license, bank account, passport or travel by plane, all because of my assumed name," she said.

It was not immediately clear how the daughter got through life without valid documents.

Yes, how exactly did she get to the age of 32 with no SS# or bank acc't. Did she not ever work, drive, or travel in her life? And did she not ever question authorities or her mother prior to this age as to why she couldn't get proper papers?

No, she did not know her father but just perhaps, he was not the ogre her mother claimed - just perhaps, a father-daughter bonding & relationship has been forever destroyed b/c the mother decided to take the law into her own hands. I sincerely hope Nancy Dunsavage has no regrets while she's sitting in prison. I'd like to hear from the father, if he's even still alive.

"I learned the reason that for all these years I have not had a proper ID or valid Social Security number for `Melissa Reed' and why I could not get a driver's license, bank account, passport or travel by plane, all because of my assumed name," she said.

It was not immediately clear how the daughter got through life without valid documents.

Yes, how exactly did she get to the age of 32 with no SS# or bank acc't. Did she not ever work, drive, or travel in her life? And did she not ever question authorities or her mother prior to this age as to why she couldn't get proper papers?

No, she did not know her father but just perhaps, he was not the ogre her mother claimed - just perhaps, a father-daughter bonding & relationship has been forever destroyed b/c the mother decided to take the law into her own hands. I sincerely hope Nancy Dunsavage has no regrets while she's sitting in prison. I'd like to hear from the father, if he's even still alive.

I wish we knew more about what the mother really told her daughter. It is very disturbing that a 32 year old never had viable ID without questioning it or researching it independently. I am guessing that the mother practiced a very effective brand of "alienation of affection". I'd just be curious at what age she did that and what she told the daughter about the father. I think most kids teenage or up would research independently, even if their mom had always told them their father was a horrible person.

I have absolutely nothing to back this up but I've wondered if the younger woman might have a developmental disability of some sort. She certainly seems dependent on her mom. But even then, you'd think that a B/C or SS# would be required for an ID. I have a feeling we haven't heard the whole story yet.

UPDATE: Somerville mom who fled with daughter 26 years ago out on bail

Nancy Dunsavage Fiedler, who was missing for 26 years after she left New Jersey with her daughter in the middle of a custody dispute, is free on $2,500 bail after she pleaded not guilty to a charges of interfering with custody and contempt of court.

More: http://www.mycentraljersey.com/arti...l-set-at-2-500-for-mom-who-fled-with-daughter

good morning
have wonder why there is not a search for some by the google earth program------------up in nw. minnesota they new when and the description of vehicle --but nobody with the best earth views would state police could nt be asked????,, they still could historically -?

Hi mission and welcome to websleuths!

I'm not understanding your question exactly, could you please elaborate or explain more what you are asking about? Thank you.

Mother accused in 1984 N.J. abduction of daughter accepts plea deal

In August 1984, after Nancy Dunsavage heard that a judge in Somerville had awarded temporary custody of their 6-year-old daughter to her ex-husband, the mother fled the state with the child.

Friday, in the same courthouse, Dunsavage pleaded guilty to interfering with custody and was sentenced to 18 days, the length of time she was in custody after she and her now 32-year-old daughter were discovered living in Nevada last October.

More: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/mother_accused_in_1984_nj_abdu_1.html

VIDEO WITH EVA AT LINK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back