FL - Teen Dials Wrong Number & Is Arrested On Drug Charges

White Rain

Reaction score
I can't believe this kid is only 14 and had this much drugs! 18 grams is ALOT of dope! I wonder where he was hiding it so his parents didn't find it.

GULFPORT, Fla. — A 14-year-old boy was arrested after dialing a wrong number and offering to sell drugs to the person on the other end -- who happened to be a police detective.
After the call, Gulfport detective Matt Parks arranged to meet the teen in the parking lot of a school to buy an ounce of marijuana and some crack cocaine, a police report said. When the boy showed up, he was arrested on charges of possession of 18 grams of marijuana with intent to distribute within 1,000 feet of a school.
The 22-year-old driver of the car the boy was riding in was arrested as a principal, as well as for driving with a suspended license.
Parks' phone number is unlisted, and there were no similar phone numbers found in the boy's cell phone, police said. Detectives said the boy, whose name was not released, likely dialed a random number to try to drum up new business.
Parks said Tuesday that the boy has been released from custody.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281116,00.html

Why was the 14 YO with a 22 YO??

Doesn't it seem more likely that it was the 22 yo who put him up to this?

They were probably in on it together. You would be amazed what some 14 yr old are doing these days.

White Rain,
18grams of marijuana is really a small amount. 1 ounce = 28.35 grams so 18grams was 1/2 an ounce which would fill roughly 1/4 of a sandwich bag. That would not be hard to hide. As far as the 14 year old being with the 22 year old. Very common, adult dealers get juveniles to do the dealing for them. A juvenile is going to get a lesser sentence than an adult. The 14 year old was probably released to his parents and right back in business.

I can't believe this kid is only 14 and had this much drugs! 18 grams is ALOT of dope! I wonder where he was hiding it so his parents didn't find it.

GULFPORT, Fla. — A 14-year-old boy was arrested after dialing a wrong number and offering to sell drugs to the person on the other end -- who happened to be a police detective.
After the call, Gulfport detective Matt Parks arranged to meet the teen in the parking lot of a school to buy an ounce of marijuana and some crack cocaine, a police report said. When the boy showed up, he was arrested on charges of possession of 18 grams of marijuana with intent to distribute within 1,000 feet of a school.
The 22-year-old driver of the car the boy was riding in was arrested as a principal, as well as for driving with a suspended license.
Parks' phone number is unlisted, and there were no similar phone numbers found in the boy's cell phone, police said. Detectives said the boy, whose name was not released, likely dialed a random number to try to drum up new business.
Parks said Tuesday that the boy has been released from custody.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281116,00.html

Yeah, 18 grams of crack is a lot. but 18 grams of maryjane is a few J's...or one big one if you're Cheech and Chong.

Regardless, Why would you offer to sell drugs to a complete stranger over the phone? Stoooopid!

White Rain,
18grams of marijuana is really a small amount. 1 ounce = 28.35 grams so 18grams was 1/2 an ounce which would fill roughly 1/4 of a sandwich bag. That would not be hard to hide. As far as the 14 year old being with the 22 year old. Very common, adult dealers get juveniles to do the dealing for them. A juvenile is going to get a lesser sentence than an adult. The 14 year old was probably released to his parents and right back in business.

maybe I am confused because I'm not a pot smoker, but I used to be addicted to meth, and I know how much 1 gram of meth was, so to me this seems like ALOT of dope.

maybe I am confused because I'm not a pot smoker, but I used to be addicted to meth, and I know how much 1 gram of meth was, so to me this seems like ALOT of dope.

Nope - it's not a lot of weed, but - as you know - it would be an enourmous amount of meth!!

Nope - it's not a lot of weed, but - as you know - it would be an enourmous amount of meth!!

Oh my, someone who was addicted would seriously OD if they had 18 grams of meth! If it's there in front of you it WILL be done! And I hope everyone knows here I am not bragging here about my past, but I have paid up to $120 a gram for meth...that seems like so much....
Seriously I have an honest question for anyone who could answer...as I said I am not and have never been a pot smoker, but a gram seems like a gram to me...how could there be that much difference between a gram of meth and a gram of pot?

Oh my, someone who was addicted would seriously OD if they had 18 grams of meth! If it's there in front of you it WILL be done! And I hope everyone knows here I am not bragging here about my past, but I have paid up to $120 a gram for meth...that seems like so much....
Seriously I have an honest question for anyone who could answer...as I said I am not and have never been a pot smoker, but a gram seems like a gram to me...how could there be that much difference between a gram of meth and a gram of pot?

A gram is a gram, but meth is a more compact substance in terms of bang for your buck. A gram of meth has a totally different physical/psychological effect on a human being than a gram of pot. Ie - it takes more pot than meth to get "high"...not to mention the fact that the highs are completely differenty!

I don't know if that explanation makes any sense - it's not very scientific.:D

There's a lot of differnce.
An ounce of coke or meth, well that's more for selling. Plus if you cut it, you'll have 42 grams then. LOL.

Oh man we only paid 40 bucks a gram for it back in the day. It was easy to get hooked on at those prices and much cheaper than coke.
But I don't think it was quite as intense 30 years ago as it is now.

A gram is a gram, but meth is a more compact substance in terms of bang for your buck. A gram of meth has a totally different physical/psychological effect on a human being than a gram of pot. Ie - it takes more pot than meth to get "high"...not to mention the fact that the highs are completely differenty!

I don't know if that explanation makes any sense - it's not very scientific.:D

I kind of get what you're saying...do you know from experience? I am only JOKING...please don't even answer that! I have smoked pot on occasion, and honestly have NEVER once been high from it...
But, I know when I first started meth I could snort a teeny teeny line and be up for two days, and also not eat for 2 or 3 days, but as my addiction got serious I could snort a huge line three or four times a day and still sleep/eat at the end of the day. So it's hard for me to imagine....

I kind of get what you're saying...do you know from experience? I am only JOKING...please don't even answer that! I have smoked pot on occasion, and honestly have NEVER once been high from it...
But, I know when I first started meth I could snort a teeny teeny line and be up for two days, and also not eat for 2 or 3 days, but as my addiction got serious I could snort a huge line three or four times a day and still sleep/eat at the end of the day. So it's hard for me to imagine....

Yep, persistent drug use leads to tolerance. I have lots of (past) experience with pot....none with meth - I've never been interested in uppers! But I have a good many friends recovering from a meth habit - so I know a bit about that drug from an outside perspective.

I'm glad you got off of it! That's no way to live!

Yep, persistent drug use leads to tolerance. I have lots of (past) experience with pot....none with meth - I've never been interested in uppers! But I have a good many friends recovering from a meth habit - so I know a bit about that drug from an outside perspective.

I'm glad you got off of it! That's no way to live!

No, it sure isn't. Everytime I see someone all geeked up now I thank GOD that's not me. In the past I never would have been interested in uppers either, as I LOVE nothing more than to get LOTS of sleep...BUT when the pounds I've gained in the past few years started coming off once the meth took over. I lost approx. 60 lbs on meth...unfortunately since quitting I have gained it back, but that's okay.

18 grams of pot is worth about $100. It's nothing really. If you were a hard core smoker, it would still last you several days. The maximum effect would be that you would be mellow and have the munchies. Comparing pot to meth is like comparing apples to dynamite.

18 grams of pot is worth about $100. It's nothing really. If you were a hard core smoker, it would still last you several days. The maximum effect would be that you would be mellow and have the munchies. Comparing pot to meth is like comparing apples to dynamite.
I see that! thanks to these posts! what an eye-opener!

Oh man we only paid 40 bucks a gram for it back in the day. It was easy to get hooked on at those prices and much cheaper than coke.
But I don't think it was quite as intense 30 years ago as it is now.

I remember when an ounce of pot was only $20:)

I remember when an ounce of pot was only $20:)

I hate to admit it but I remember when it was less than that! :silenced: Anyone remember "nickel bags?" 5 bucks! The price of a pack of smokes these days, oh brother!

We just busted a kid (at school) who was carrying pot and coke to distribute. He was already on probation, is 15, and he was much more frightened of what his supplier was going to do to him than the consequences legally. He only had to pay $20 for the stuff (for the "privilege" to sell it) but now that the stuff is in the evidence room, he says his guy will be after him big-time. He's afraid for his safety and wants to be locked up.

Oh, also, my students tell me the cops commonly just take small amounts from them, send the kids on their way, and of course the kids believe the cops then keep the stuff. This is usually in reference to pot, of course.

Eve

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back