Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 4

I thought I would post this snippet from the previous linked skynews article. I thought it reflects well how this family reacts in their manner of speech and decourum--comments from great-uncle versus comments from local woman. I found it interesting.

SNIPPET

Madeleine's great uncle, Brian Kennedy, said: "We are aware that the huge response to the loss of our great-niece Madeleine has changed the appearance of Cross Green in the centre of Rothley for several weeks now.
    "We would like to restore the Green to something approaching normality, whilst acknowledging the kindness shown by so many people."
    Mr Kennedy said the family hoped to initially clear seats around the green and to move as many of the donated toys as possible to a good home for other children.
    He said: "Madeleine's relatives are particularly concerned that this should not be seen as in any way giving up hope, that she will be found and returned to us as soon as possible, and the search for her is continuing intensively.
    "However, we do not want the kind people of Rothley and our visitors to lose the use of their important space.
    "All the cards and messages will be stored carefully to await the family's return and some have been sent to them already."
    Pub landlady Valerie Armstrong, who arranged for well-wishers to tie yellow ribbons to railings around Cross Green monument, said the process would begin at the weekend.
    She said: "It's not a negative thing, we are going to do it bit by bit.
    "It's definitely not a sign of us giving up hope. It's just the practical side of it. We need to free up some of the benches. The yellow ribbons are staying."

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
    The same chief in charge of Maddie's case was just charged with beating the mother of another missing child. The Mother is in jail but the child has yet to be found:

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman...72613983.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post

What a cruel twist of events in the midst of this search!!!

Outlandish................

Makes you wonder if the local Portugese police force is involved in a "pedo" ring, doesn't it.

I can't imagine be tortured into confessing to such a horrible crime. The poor woman. It also makes it very difficult to put any faith into the conviction and makes it look as those they tortured her to confess to save their own hides. Very sad.

New article from skynews about 'How are the McCanns Coping Now?? with the latest updates.

I would be heavily sedated at best. Bless them.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...270441,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Makes you wonder if the local Portugese police force is involved in a "pedo" ring, doesn't it.

I can't imagine be tortured into confessing to such a horrible crime. The poor woman. It also makes it very difficult to put any faith into the conviction and makes it look as those they tortured her to confess to save their own hides. Very sad.
    Wow....you bring up a good point there. Maybe some of the PT police are!

imoo

This whole thing has smelled bad from the very beginning. You look at the pictures of Gerry and Kate McCann in Morocco, and they are almost as far away from each other as they can get and still hold hands. Their body language says they aren't leaning on each other for moral support.

I don't know what to believe anymore. I hope Madeleine is found soon.

A Dutch newspaper has received an anonymous letter purportedly disclosing the location of Madeleine's remains. The same paper received a similar letter before regarding another murder, and the information turned out to be accurate.

Sorry. I see that my report is old news, going back to post #39. Excuse me for not looking back far enough.

Jdee is offline Sometimes I scream inside my head. I scream for those that can't...
    so the way I am reading it... is this new lead was a tip from a psychic that in the past helped recover two missing girls... and the police are not taking it seriously? Is that right?
    You know it was said back a couple of weeks ago in the paper that the criminal here could come out later posing as a psychic with valid info. I hope they at least take a look at the area. I agree with someone else here who said if it were them they would be out there looking. I would.. as bad as it could be... I would be lookin. Closure must come here.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=273086

Here is a snippet from the Australian Media.

Sorry about my previous post, I see there is similar information posted earlier, but it goes to show this case is back in the headlines, but hoping that it is not true.
    Still praying for Madelaines safe return.

I dont understand why the witness at the petrol station was not investigated further. There has always been something not quite right with this case right from the beginning.

Jdee is offline Sometimes I scream inside my head. I scream for those that can't...
    I agree Shazza. Too many missing links.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdee View Post
    so the way I am reading it... is this new lead was a tip from a psychic that in the past helped recover two missing girls... and the police are not taking it seriously? Is that right?
    You know it was said back a couple of weeks ago in the paper that the criminal here could come out later posing as a psychic with valid info. I hope they at least take a look at the area. I agree with someone else here who said if it were them they would be out there looking. I would.. as bad as it could be... I would be lookin. Closure must come here.
    Interesting the psychic or whomever it is, doesn't want any kind of personal notoriety, it was sent anonymously (or are they still getting it?). Yet, they send the detailed tip to a major media outlet that will give it press. Is it too noble to suggest that this tipster wants to make sure it isn't swept under the rug from the police? I want to know from the Dutch paper if these are the only two times they have been sent info from this source. How often are they right or very close to it? Also interesting it was kept secret for 48 hours and as soon as the story gets out, everyone is now carrying it. The Today show is doing another segment on Maddie tomorrow and this new tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    I dont understand why the witness at the petrol station was not investigated further. There has always been something not quite right with this case right from the beginning.
    ~Snip~
    Ollim complained that when she returned to Spain and first heard about the girl disappearing from a resort in southern Portugal, she had a hard time getting the attention of authorities in Spain and Britain, and finally was able to send a written report to Portuguese police. ~snip ~

I so agree Shazza. The only things I can figure are that:
    1. The police know this woman from previous encounters and do not take her seriously
    2. The police are relatively sure this sighting never happened
    3. The police have "ulterior" reasons for not wanting/needing to talk to this witness
    a. members of the PP force are somehow involved and they don't really want to catch the perp
    b. the parents are suspected
    c. they know who did it and the sighting is immaterial
    4. The police are being incredibily irresponsible.

And then she only gets to send a written report to the PP. What about Interpol? I thought they were involved in this search also.

I understand the parents were led to believe that the woman was thoroughly interviewed, etc. This is a very good reason why the parents should have hired a private investigator from the get go.

I'm practically holding my breath waiting for news that they are actually, physically inspecting the area identified in the letter.

Prayers for Maddie,
    Salem

Oddly enough I read on that site with that Brian guy that does the psychic dreams said from the get go to not trust the police and search in the immeidate area without letting the police know. It suggested a cover up....Creepy....

I find it interesting that the information was sent to a Dutch newspaper also. Why not British? I'm pretty sure I know why not Portugese

Do you think the Dutch laws are so different, there would be some type of safeguard there? I don't know what......... can you get in trouble for sending things to a newspaper.

I think the idea that the letter writer did not want the message to get swept under the rug has a lot of merit. I think news of the letter reached the public, if not before, then simultanously with it reaching the PP.

We must not be the only ones frustrated with the way things work in Portugal.

PLEASE, please, please let them go search that site, NOW, NOW, NOW!

Salem

Oh - by the way....Helper, it is okay to repeat news. Your messages were "red alerts" for anyone who had not read the previous couple of pages!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdee View Post
    Oddly enough I read on that site with that Brian guy that does the psychic dreams said from the get go to not trust the police and search in the immeidate area without letting the police know. It suggested a cover up....Creepy....
    I read that too. He also said Interpol should act without the PP. Not only creepy, its sad too, that you can not put your trust in those that are supposed to be helping you. Especially in a situation like this, where you have a lost child, in a strange country, with a strange language, etc. etc. Did Maddie speak Portugese?

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post

I think the idea that the letter writer did not want the message to get swept under the rug has a lot of merit. I think news of the letter reached the public, if not before, then simultanously with it reaching the PP.

We must not be the only ones frustrated with the way things work in Portugal.

PLEASE, please, please let them go search that site, NOW, NOW, NOW!

Salem
    I'm under the impression that the police have known for 48 hours now.

The investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann was in chaos last night after the detective coordinating the hunt for her abductor was charged with criminal offences over another notorious missing child case
    What?? That is crazy!

They may begin digging and other info on the letter:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...05-601,00.html

Carpediem don't you think it's interesting that the article stated this..."There was no mention of clairvoyance or psychic powers."... This makes me think there is more to it then...

I would have been out there HOURS ago with a friggin shovel.

I'm curious if this is near the monument the McCanns ran to early in the search? Remember how they said it took 19 minutes or something?

I do remember that but had forgotten it. I am thinking now that this note did not come from a psychic and why they are giving it more attention.

Here's one of the maps...

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/ "indications are “vague”...

I'm so scared about this. I really think they're going to find her. Poor little Madeleine. prayers for her family.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast