902 users online (183 members and 719 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AR - Alicia Minton, 29, Rogers, 1 June 2007

Crews Searching Waters At Marina For Missing Woman

Photo of Alicia:

ROGERS, Ark. -- It's now been 11 days since a Bentonville woman was last seen, and crews are now searching waters near the Prairie Creek Marina for Alicia Minton.

The 29-year-old was reported missing to Rogers police, but several other agencies are joining the search. They're looking in an area where she was believed to have been going on June 1.

Law enforcement searched the water at the marina with sonar and by diving. Officials would not say what they were looking for, only that they are following up on a lead connected to the missing persons case.

"In the last 24 hours, nothing has changed with the case. It's still a missing person case, and that's how it's been treated," said Rogers police spokesman Tracy Groomer.

Minton's car was found on June 7 in Rogers in an area about six miles from Prairie Creek.

Anybody who has seen her recently should call police.

Minton has brown hair and brown eyes. She is 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs about 110 pounds.

http://www.4029tv.com/news/13490955/detail.html
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 08-06-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Police Ask For Help To Find Missing Rogers Woman

POSTED: 5:17 pm CDT June 11, 2007
    UPDATED: 2:52 pm CDT June 12, 2007

ROGERS, Ark. -- Police are asking for help in finding a Rogers woman who disappeared nearly two weeks ago.

Alicia Minton was last seen June 1 in Rogers. Police said she dropped off her children with a friend and headed to the Beaver Lake area in her car and then never came back.

Minton is 29 years old and is 5 feet 7 inches tall and 110 pounds. She has brown hair and eyes. Authorities said she was last spotted in swimming gear -- a bikini, a red tank top, shorts and flip-flops.

Police said they believe Minton did not pack bags for a trip and was not expected to be gone for long.

Detectives said they found her car -- a silver BMW 30i -- but they found the car at the intersection of Second and Locusts streets, not at the lake, where she had supposedly been seen.

"The investigation revealed that she was in the Prairie Creek area on June 1, so that's where we're focusing our attention. Right now, we want anyone who has seen her or talked to her since June 1 to give us a call," said Rogers police spokesman Tracy Groomer.

Police would not say if this disappearance is suspicious. They said that they are treating this case as an open missing persons case.

http://www.4029tv.com/news/13483613/detail.html

ROGERS -- Law enforcement personnel continued searches on Beaver Lake on Tuesday, which may be connected with the hunt for a Bentonville woman missing since June 1.

Benton County Sheriff's Office Dive Team members were on the lake by Tuesday afternoon and encountered a brief rainshower during their diving and search expeditions. Divers were near the north side of Bear Island and one could be seen in the water while other personnel could be seen on the island's shore line.

Divers also spent several hours Monday north of the Arkansas 12 bridge searching the area near Bear Island and Deer Island.

Authorities would not confirm their searches are connected with Alicia Minton, 29, of Bentonville, who Rogers police said has been missing since June 1. Both Rogers and sheriff's office personnel were at the lake on Monday and Tuesday.

Minton left her children with a friend and said she was going to Beaver Lake, said Cpl. Tracy Groomer, public information officer for the Rogers Police Department.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/20...zmisswoman.txt
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Police Seek Clues on Missing Woman

ROGERS -- Alicia Minton dropped off her children with a friend nearly two weeks ago and then disappeared.

Minton, 29, of Bentonville has been missing since June 1, according to a Rogers Police Department report filed by her mother, Brenda Mathis.

There were no updates regarding Minton on Wednesday. Rogers police are treating her as a "very active missing person case," said Cpl. Tracy Groomer, public information officer. "I don't think we'll give up the search anytime soon," Groomer said. "We want to find this young lady."

The Benton County Sheriff's Office continued to assist in a search around the area of Deer Island on Beaver Lake near Prairie Creek on Wednesday, said Deputy Doug Gay, public information officer for the sheriff's office. Authorities searched the same area on Monday and Tuesday.

Authorities have not said what they are searching for or if the searches are related to Minton.

John, who asked that his last name not be used, said he was Minton's neighbor until a year ago at Meadow Park Apartments off Olive Street in Rogers.

"She was a good friend of mine," John said.

John said Minton visited with him the week before her disappearance with a new boyfriend. However, John said Minton previously dated Randall Todd Greenway, who was arrested last week.

Greenway of Rogers was being held Wednesday in the Benton County Jail in lieu of a $167,500 bond. Jail records indicate he faces charges of felony fleeing, two counts of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, revocation of a suspended sentence or probation, possession of drug paraphernalia and misdemeanor charges of theft and shoplifting.

Roger Mathis, Minton's stepfather, said Wednesday police are working on finding Minton and "(we) hope they come up with something." Mathis declined to comment further.

Minton was reportedly last seen at Enterprise Car Rental in Rogers on June 1 when she dropped off her children with a friend, according to police. She was reported missing June 4 at 5:10 p.m.

Minton told a friend that she was heading to Beaver Lake, Groomer said.

Her silver 2001 BMW was found near the Second and Locust street intersection on June 7. The site is on a frequently traveled route to Beaver Lake.

When last seen, Minton was wearing a red bikini with a red tank top and shorts of an unknown color, Groomer said. She was also wearing pink flip-flops. Minton is 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighs 110 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone who saw Minton or has had contact with her is asked to call the Rogers Police Department at 621-1129 or 636-4141

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/20...zmisswoman.txt

I wonder if she was planning to meet someone at the lake. Strange that she dropped her kids off and then never returned. It really does sound like something awful happened to her. I hope that LE has checked out the ex-boyfriend that was just arrested and the new boyfriend.

I wonder why she didn't take the kids to the lake with her? I'll bet she was meeting someone there and something happened to her. For her family's sake I wish LE would get some leads in order to find this gal.

The latest report is that the search is still on for Alicia. It was reported late Friday night that they found her purse but did not release any further details other than they will continue searching the lake.

I have been following this story with a heavy heart as I worked with Alicia at J.B. Hunt last year. She and I would talk on our breaks outside. She was a very sweet girl and I feel for her children right now as the days go by without any sign of her. Things look towards the worst right now but I am keeping my hopes alive that they find her safe and healthy.

I have volunteered my time to the search efforts and am awaiting word back from her friends and family on when we can begin our own search efforts.

If anyone else is in the area and would like to volunteer a foot search on the shores of Beaver Lake, please visit http://www.missingaliciaminton.com and email them your information.

Brenda

Welcome and thank you so much for the info. Please keep us updated as you can and stay safe on those searches.

Alicia's ex-boyfriend, Randall Todd Greenway, has been sentenced to 20 yrs for unrelated charges:

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/20...bzgreenway.txt

Minton told police in 2006 that Greenway dragged her to the street by her hair and beat her head against the concrete, according to police reports.

Has LE checked out this guy's vehicle and home? Boy he is a real looser and has become violent with her before. That is who I would be looking at. Maybe she agreed to meet with him out at the lake that day and something happened. Makes sense that she would leave her kids with a friend if she was meeting up with him.

Police Name Suspect In Disappearance Of Rogers Woman

Police formally named the ex-boyfriend of a Rogers woman last seen June 1 as a suspect in her disappearance Tuesday, as investigators continued to search areas of Beaver Lake.

Randall Todd Greenway, 35, is not cooperating with police as they search for Alicia Minton, Rogers police Cpl. Tracy Groomer told reporters at a news conference.

"We haven't given up any hope that she may be found alive," Groomer said. However, he acknowledged "credible information" had police searching specific portions of the lake, which a sheriff's deputy identified as an estimated four-mile area near Prairie Creek.

Minton, 29, dropped her two of her children off at friend's house before reportedly heading to the lake. Searchers there found a purse that may have belonged to Minton on June 15.

Greenway, believed to be the last person to see Minton alive, was arrested June 9 on unrelated charges. He remained in the Benton County Jail in lieu of $167,500 bail

http://www.fox16.com/news/state/stor...19274a&rss=316

Another scumbag B/F to add to the list soon by the sound of it.

They're still looking for Alicia.
    http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/20...907rzrover.txt

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Investigators say they have strong evidence to support Minton's body will be found in the lake area they have been searching for over six weeks.

The new equipment, brought in from out of state, will speed up their ability to search underwater.

http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=6805654

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast