CA - James McKinney, 41, disabled, beaten to death, Los Angeles, 29 May 2007

ajc2804

Reaction score
A disabled man was killed on a Los Angeles street and it was all caught on tape.

Police are asking for the public's help in identifying and locating a man who fatally attacked a mentally disabled man the night of May 29. Surveillance cameras captured the attack on tape.

On Tuesday, May 29, at around 8:45 p.m., James McKinney, 41, of Los Angeles, was walking to a store from a board and care facility for the mentally disabled, where he lived. As he neared the corner of Wilton Place and Olympic Boulevard, a male attacker approached him from behind and struck the back of his head with an aluminum baseball bat, the video showed.

***VIDEO AT LINK***

http://www.wjactv.com/news/13494459/detail.html

And for what?!?! The SOB just kept walking! How sick is this?!?! And all these cars passing by... not one of them stopped? Gee... one called 911... but not one stopped to help this poor man.

I hope this piece of gets caught and punished... this is just disgusting behavior.

Wow, That's seriously f'ed up... Wth is wrong with people? :mad:

Absolutely horrendous!!!! I sooooo hope they catch this guy, lock him up and throw away the key for life. Someone who can do that to another human being (for no apparent reason, at that!), doesn't deserve to be on our streets. Not that there would EVER be a "reason" for doing such a thing, but it just seems even worse because it looked like it was something this kid did "just for fun". Sick, sick, sick.

My prayers to the victim's family & friends. May they take comfort in knowing he's no longer suffering in our evil, violent world.

The who committed this senseless murder should receive the same thing-
a hit in the head with a baseball bat but with his knees broken first. Makes me sick that such azzclowns exist.

He didn't even look back......................
he kept on walking..................
like it was part of his everyday routine.

What was the point to this??? I mean there is never a point I guess, but it looks as though he is waiting for anyone to hit. He didnt rob him or anything and IMO probaly didnt know this poor man. Wow what is the USA becoming. I am scared to walk outside at night anymore.

How horriffic. My heart hurts for that man.
I am sure that it is probably a gang related crime. Either someone already a gang member, or someone in the process of joining one. Does anyone know the area this happened in? The coldblooded killer looks like he could be a member of either the "Compton Varrio Tortilla Flats","Sureños", or the "Norteños" . Was this around the Compton area?

Thank-you.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

How horriffic. My heart hurts for that man.
I am sure that it is probably a gang related crime. Either someone already a gang member, or someone in the process of joining one. Does anyone know the area this happened in? The coldblooded killer looks like he could be a member of either the "Compton Varrio Tortilla Flats","Sureños", or the "Norteños" . Was this around the Compton area?

Thank-you.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Hi shadows:blowkiss:. It is very good to see you. I agree with you that the perp may be in a gang. How brutal and disgraceful for him to have killed that man. I feel sad and angry to the hilt, and I do hope they catch and convict the killer.

Lion

An arrest has been made in the death of a mentally disabled man who was struck on the head with a baseball bat in an attack captured on video, Los Angeles police said.

A security camera showed a man walking up behind James McKinney, 41, and hitting him in the head with an aluminum baseball bat, then walking away as McKinney fell to the ground. McKinney had been walking to a local store.

Bail was set at $1 million for Jason Verador, 28. Police believe he killed McKinney.

The attack happened about 8:45 p.m. May 29 at Wilton Place and Olympic Boulevard.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/13509222/detail.html

An arrest has been made in the death of a mentally disabled man who was struck on the head with a baseball bat in an attack captured on video, Los Angeles police said.

A security camera showed a man walking up behind James McKinney, 41, and hitting him in the head with an aluminum baseball bat, then walking away as McKinney fell to the ground. McKinney had been walking to a local store.

Bail was set at $1 million for Jason Verador, 28. Police believe he killed McKinney.

The attack happened about 8:45 p.m. May 29 at Wilton Place and Olympic Boulevard.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/13509222/detail.html
Thanks for the update, I'm glad they found and arrested this scum. As awful as it was to watch, I'm glad that it was caught on surveillance video - hope it helps keep that behind bars for life!!

This case is local to me and it got a lot of media coverage. Thank goodness it got a lot of coverage because a person driving on Olympic saw a man fitting that description, walking down the street with a baseball bat right around the time of the crime and enter an apartment building. After the bystander saw the report on TV, he called police. Police went to the building and arrested the man and believe they found the weapon as well.

According to neighbors, the man that did the attack, was mentally disturbed. He used to stand in front of stores with a ski mask on, harrass people and run out into the streets. Police are saying that it's not gang related. The guy is just seriously disturbed.

8/14/2008 - LOS ANGELES (CBS) ― A Los Angeles man accused of killing a mentally disabled man with a baseball bat was found mentally incompetent to stand trial.

A Los Angeles man accused of killing a mentally disabled man with a baseball bat was found mentally incompetent today to stand trial.

Superior Court Judge Rand S. Rubin made the ruling based on reports from two court-appointed doctors who evaluated Jason Ryan Verador, according to Deputy District Attorney Robin Allen.

The judge suspended criminal proceedings against the 29-year-old
defendant and ordered him to be sent to Patton State Hospital, the prosecutor said.

More at link.

http://cbs2.com/local/Mentally.Incompetent.Murder.2.795256.html

boy i guess no one is sane/responsible anymore?

everyone that kills someone has some kind of excuse

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back