725 users online (132 members and 593 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Canada - Luke Degerness, 14, Prince George BC, 7 June 2007

Fourteen-year-old boy missing

Photo of Luke:

Luke Degerness

10:22:49AM, Jun 13 2007

Police are asking for the publicís help in locating 14-year-old Luke Degerness, who was last seen by him family on Thursday, June 7, at 10 a.m. while attending school.
    Luke is described as Metis, five feet, eight inches tall with a medium build. He has dark hair and eyes and was wearing a red ball cap, black T-shirt, jeans and white runners when he was last seen. Should you have any information regarding this youth, or his whereabouts, please call the Prince George Detachment of the RCMP at 561-3300 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

http://www.pgfreepress.com/portals-c...1005102&more=0
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-29-2010 at 01:56 PM.

OK, his family last saw him at school at 10:00 AM. Why was family (Mom/Dad??) at school at that time of day? I don't know how the Canadian school system works - could have been a middle school graduation? - was he in trouble at school? What happened after that? Who LAST saw him and what was he doing? There's just not enough information to work with.
    You put the light in me...

Luke is NOT listed on the Canadian government's website of missing children at http://www.ourmissingchildren.gc.ca/omc/index_e.htm

It makes me wonder if he is still missing.

Hoppy

Unfortunately, A LOT of people are NOT listed on their city, state, or governments websites as missing..... it is an "oversite" or they do not fit the "criteria".... I will not get into it on here, however, you can PM me and I will explain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Prince George Citizen

Worried about Luke

(Letters) Saturday, 23 June 2007, 01:00 PST
    -- Kerry Nichiporik Prince George

This is further to the story about the 14-year-old boy who has gone missing in our city.

We know Luke Degerness through Big Brothers and Big Sisters. Over the past few years we haven't seen him much, but he did call us to let us know he was living back here. We lost his contact information but want him to know that we care for him very much and would love to hear from him again.

Our family is very concerned about Luke and want everyone in Prince George to be looking for him. It's been almost two weeks since he left his home and it seems like there isn't a lot of people aware that there is a missing teenager.

We need the media to help us out to get even more people involved and to understand that when they see him they need to contact his family or the police, and not to keep him hidden. The quicker he can get back with people who care about him, the better.

We want Luke to know that there are lots of people who care about him and we need him to let us know that he is OK.

If anyone knows where Luke is and don't want to call the police themselves, they can call Wayne or Kerry at 562-0619 or Viv at 961-9965.

-- Kerry Nichiporik
    FindLorne
    www.findlorne.faithweb.com

I'm glad you found something about Luke and posted it here, findlorne, because I have not been able to find anything about him. It's not just that he's not on Canada's website, it's that I've found nothing. If you find anything else, please post again

Hoppy

Dearest lostwithoutyou,
    Thank-you for posting this.

Also,
    Dearest Findlorne,
    Thank-you for posting a link.
    All of my Love and Respect to you,
    dark_shadows

hi i know these are quite old posts but i am new here, i am luke's mom and he is still MISSING, we were at the school for a meeting w the vice principal re skipping class, we sent him to class and went to check if he made it to class but he had not arrived there, that is the absolute last time i have had contact of any kind with him, i have joined the missing children society of canada and they are now helping, confidential emails are accepted by me at QGina1@hotmail.com thank you all

i will be asking that he be posted on the gov't canada our missing children website as well, we have 3 groups on facebook looking for luke degerness feel free to check here and join or just get updates he is too young to be gone so long....thank you all

Exclamation luke degerness is still missing

hi everyone, my name is gina and i am Luke Degerness' mom, i took him to school on the morning of june 7, 2007 for a meeting w. the vice principal. we sent him to class and he didn't make it, this is the last contact i have had with him. i have joined the missing children society of canada and they are trying to help find Luke, he is only 14 yrs. old. i accept any confidential email at QGina1@hotmail.com and pray whomever knows something will at least contact me to let me know he is safe. thank you for all and any help. prayers to all the families that are here...

we have 3 groups on facebook as well for any updates/ photos etc. keyword LUKE DEGERNESS again, thanks and prayers to all...

Ginajade, I am so sorry to read this. I pray your Luke is found safe.

Did he go missing from the school? Did anyone see him leave?

Was there a problem at school? Is that why he was meeting with the vice principal?

browneyedgirl is offline Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
    ginajade - my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Have the police interview any of his classmates to ask whether or not they saw anything?

Thank you all for all good wishes. Yes, he had been skipping out of school so we were meeting about that and during the meeting, we sent him to class and went to see if he made it to class, but he never showed up and I have had no contact, or reliable info since he has disappeared. I stumbled on these posting so I have joined and welcome all prayers and help offered, again thank you all.

Ginajade, I am sorry to hear that your son is missing. Prayers that he is found safe and sound and soon.
    Do you know if he belongs to a networking group like facebook or myspace? Have you had any luck tracing his activities via a cell phone or bankcard?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast