1164 users online (247 members and 917 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48
    to cubby:
    the husband of GWB niece seeming born in San Manuel Pang.; well the "Pang." what means... it will be a isle?
    raf

Quote Originally Posted by raf View Post
    to cubby:
    the husband of GWB niece seeming born in San Manuel Pang.; well the "Pang." what means... it will be a isle?
    raf

Hi raf,
    Pang. is the abbreviation for Pangasinan- which is the name of the province. San Manuel, is the city or town within the province of Pangasinan. I hope this helps.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Thank you Cubby!
    Hugs,
    raf

This morning I found a 1942 divorce record for GWB in Sacramento and called Dr. Doogie. (actually woke him up, thanks for the time zones!) Begged and pleaded with Doogie to take a trip to Sacramento and look up the case. As it turns out he was headed to Sacramento anyway, and found the cases over 10 yrs ago are stored in another warehouse. He ordered the record and will take about 10 days to arrive back at the courthouse. Hopefully, we will be able to look at some handwriting or signatures to compare with GB's handwriting.

The Bradshaw ending....

Telephone and email contact has been made with the son of GWB and has been confirmed that GWB is not our GB. The son was very helpful in our search of who GB really is. He has supplied a copy of his fathers death certificate from 1958 plus several photos of his father at different ages. The son was very pleasant and has also volunteered to help out in Anna's case should the need arise anything looked up in the Sacramento area. He is like us sleuths, but he is a private investigator.

Thanks to Raf for the endless time put into looking into the possibility that GWB could be GB. Still so much resemblence between a sister of GWB and of the Uncle Merrel, we are searching if the uncle had any sons.

Hi SherlockJr, it was the better option, but he is not... frankly it is hard... GB could be a any John Smith born in the States... we know nothing of sure abt this man... only that it had to be born around 1907 .. by 1941 article...

he was a diabolic man.... and frankly... I know not where to search... seeming a man never existed.. however some my intuitions I believe right... the identity remaining a hard mystery....
    it seemed matching enough with GWB, instead is not he...
    all the best,
    raf
    Last edited by raf; 07-25-2009 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
    Telephone and email contact has been made with the son of GWB and has been confirmed that GWB is not our GB. The son was very helpful in our search of who GB really is. He has supplied a copy of his fathers death certificate from 1958 plus several photos of his father at different ages. The son was very pleasant and has also volunteered to help out in Anna's case should the need arise anything looked up in the Sacramento area. He is like us sleuths, but he is a private investigator.

Thanks to Raf for the endless time put into looking into the possibility that GWB could be GB. Still so much resemblence between a sister of GWB and of the Uncle Merrel, we are searching if the uncle had any sons.
    Thank you for the update Sherlockjr. A great many thanks to the son of GWB for providing the information to Sherlock! It warms my heart to see others do so, and not take offense to the 'possibility' or to rule out potential leads. Of course, I can't thank raf enough for her hours upon hours of dedication and research as well. TY!

Cubby
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Born in San Francisco?

I just read that San Francisco birth records from 1906 and earlier were destroyed in the great earthquake and fire of that year. I am wondering if anybody has any verification of that and whether you think it might have been possible that Brody was actually born in San Francisco, had no birth record, and decided to take advantage of that fact to avoid the WW2 draft and other things which would have required documentation. Would the local birth records have been backed up in Sacramento, the capital?

Hi Annasmom.

I've been doing lots of research on GB's and will run them past you soon, I would like to know if Raf has also researched the same GB's. As you know, I have my own case going at the same time. I will get back to you soon with what I have found.

Love, Hugs and prayers

Hi Ozziemum,
    I searched several GB.. in all spelling... born around 1900/10 abt...

-we know not if George Brody was born with this name
    -we know not when and where he was born
    -appearing not with George Brody name in this military databases abt California State:
    WWII U.S. Navy Aircraft Carrier Muster Rolls, 1939-1949
    U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946
    U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942

-we know nothing of sure abt this guy, only that: from 1936 to 1944 he was in Oakland with George Brody name;
    -by 1941 article of Oakland Tribune, seeming born around 1907...
    -we have some pictures abt GB...
    -we know that he lived with Margaret Kukoda in San Francisco, CA; they never married..

so this data are the only sure data ..
    best regards,
    raf

Would there be any records available on people who avoided/were disqualified from being drafted during WW2

Is there any chance that Brody is a middle name, not a last name but he made it his last name in his later years?

I found a G Brody Cave born in 1895 in Surry, NC There is also a G. Brody Gallman born in 1898 in Newbury, NC

Lastly, could Brody have been a wife's maiden name that he adopted. I found a George T Brown who married a Ann Virginia Brody on March 2, 1925 in Rigby, Idaho. I found conflicting birthdates for him. One says he was born in 1880 in Illinois, another census says he was born in 1904 in Idaho (they are definitely the same person--same wife). Is this two old?

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    Is there any chance that Brody is a middle name, not a last name but he made it his last name in his later years?

I found a G Brody Cave born in 1895 in Surry, NC There is also a G. Brody Gallman born in 1898 in Newbury, NC

Lastly, could Brody have been a wife's maiden name that he adopted. I found a George T Brown who married a Ann Virginia Brody on March 2, 1925 in Rigby, Idaho. I found conflicting birthdates for him. One says he was born in 1880 in Illinois, another census says he was born in 1904 in Idaho (they are definitely the same person--same wife). Is this two old?
    Anything is possible, but I would say that without other evidence (such as residence in San Francisco, etc.) these are not very likely candidates, especially since we think GB was probably born about 1907. Thank you for searching.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48