1178 users online (235 members and 943 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Stuart Lubbock, 31, Roydon, Essex, 31 March 2001

Barrymore arrested

JUNE 14, 2007

COMIC Michael Barrymore has today been arrested by police investigating the murder of a man found dead in his swimming pool six years ago, sources said.
    Barrymore, 55, was pulled in for questioning with two other men by detectives in Essex.
    Essex police did not name any of the men but said three suspects - aged 32, 37 and 55 - were being held on suspicion of the murder of Stuart Lubbock.
    They were also being questioned about allegations of sexual assault, the force said.
    Butcher Mr Lubbock, of Harlow, Essex, was found in a swimming pool at Mr Barrymore’s home in Roydon, Essex, in March 2001.
    It is the second time Barrymore has been arrested in connection with the death at his Roydon home.
    Three months after Mr Lubbock’s death, Barrymore was arrested on suspicion of possessing class A and class B drugs, as well as other drugs offences.

Two other men arrested at the same time, one from Blackpool and another from Harlow, Essex, were arrested on suspicion of murdering Mr Lubbock.
    In October 2001, Barrymore accepted an official caution for drugs offences and allowing his home to be used for smoking cannabis.
    The other men were released without charge.
    An independent inquiry into complaints by Mr Lubbock’s family over the Essex Police investigation has been put on hold.
    The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) said the decision was made after the three arrests were made today.

Harlow, Essex, England

The book on the Stuart Lubbock case

I hope nobody minds my mentioning this here, but in July 2007 I published a book (404pp.) on the Stuart Lubbock case (together with father Terry Lubbock) titled:

"NOT AWIGHT: Getting Away With Murder" (copyright, all rights reserved).

Phil Taylor, the Associate Editor of Britain's best-selling Sunday newspaper, described it as follows: "This book includes a damning dossier on how Essex Police bungled their £8 million [= $16 million] invesigation into how Stuart Lubbock died, and reveals the massive contradictions in the accounts witnesses gave of that night's events".

The book's available from me at a discounted price of £7 plus postage:

0044 1279 635 789

e-mail: ajsbennett@btinternet.com

My main conclusion after I sifted through all the police and other material I was allowed to see?

Stuart Lubbock was murdered, quite possibly gang-raped. He did not drown in the swimming pool that night. In fact, he didn't even enter the swimming pool that night, and neither did anyone else. The swmming pool cover was only opened after he died. The 'drowning' was a well-executed smokescreen.

P.S. I am currently investigating the deaths of Lee Balkwell (see Wikipedia) and Madeleine McCann - I have contributed occasionally to the Madeleine McCann thread on this Forum.

It is claimed that Lee Balkwell died as the result of a 'tragic accident' in a concrete mixer at 1.00am on Friday 18 July 2002.

It is claimed that Madeleine McCann was kidnapped by an abductor at around 9.15am on Thursday 3 May 2007.

I believe both claims to be (a) untrue and (b) fabricated.

Please also see this link from 27 April 2008, which very much confirms the thesis in my book. Shame it's taken the cops 7 years to get here:

Last edited by Tony Bennett; 05-06-2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Add link re recent Lubbock/Barrymore news item

Tony Bennet!
    I Love Your Voice

Harlow, Essex, England

Stuart Lubbock latest

The solution to the tragic death of Stuart Lubbock at Michael Barrymore's home in 2001 may have come closer with the recent revelation by a British 'Red Top' newspaper that an unnamed male has come forward to Essex Police and told them about the two men who raped Stuart Lubbock the night he died - and thereby killed him.

This is not a million miles away from information given me by an underworld source (but not quoted in my book) that Stuart was 'gang-raped' to death.

Also, the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority changed their minds about compensating Terry Lubbock for his son's death. Earlier, back in 2002, they refused to pay out because, according to Essex Police information, Stuart Lubbock was NOT, on the balance of probabilities, killed as a result of a crime of violence.

This time round, the claim that I put in for Terry Lubbock was successful, the CICA's decision being that, on the balance of probabilities, Stuart Lubbock DID die as the result of a crime. Terry Lubbock received the standard payout of £5,500 ($11,000) for a parent bereaved of a child by a crime of violence, plus £1,300 ($2,500) for funeral expenses, total £6,800 ($13,500)

Harlow, Essex, England

Refusal of request for new inquest

The Attorney-General has refused Terry Lubbock's request for a second inquest into his son's death at Michael Barrymore's home on 31 March 2001: