Internet-Addicted Boy Kills Mom Over Cyber Cafe $

White Rain

Reaction score
A 16-year-old boy who was apparently addicted to the Internet stabbed his mother to death in China after she refused to give him money to go to a cyber café, China's state media reported Thursday.
The boy, identified only by his last name Wang, asked his mother for the money on Tuesday in their apartment in Guangzhou, according to The Beijing News.
When she refused, he grabbed a knife from the kitchen, stabbing and fatally wounding her. Her name wasn't released.
The boy's father, identified as Wang Jianjun, rushed home and was stabbed three times in the head by his son. He was reportedly seriously injured but in stable condition at a local hospital.
Wang, who initially fled the scene, was found early Wednesday by local police. He told them he had been planning to kill his parents for more than a month because they were stopping him from realizing his dreams of becoming a politician or an economist, the paper reported.
"Killing them was the only way to free myself," he said. more at link
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,282234,00.html

How awful. Why not just steal the money from mom and dad like we did in the old days?

How awful. Why not just steal the money from mom and dad like we did in the old days?

Or why not get a job and earn his own damn $. I had a job as soon as I turned 16. I guess a job would cut into his internet time!

I don't think this was just about money. It sounds like this boy felt controlled by his Mom in larger ways. Of course, most teenagers feel that way, but they don't stab their parents over it.

Or why not get a job and earn his own damn $. I had a job as soon as I turned 16. I guess a job would cut into his internet time!
You're absolutly right. We made ours get jobs when they turned 17. Too much idle time is a bad thing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back