CA CA - Cheryl Schille “Cherie” Wyant, 14, Rohnert Park, San Bernardino County, 1 May 1978

lostwithoutyou

Pray for the Missing ♥
Reaction score
Cherie Wyant

wyant_cherie.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: 1978 from California
Classification: Endangered Missing
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair. Wyant may use the last name Larson.

Details of Disappearance

Wyant was last seen in 1978 in California, shortly after her fourteenth birthday. She was living in a group home there at the time. She was in a car accident, walked out of a hospital afterwards, and has never been heard from again. Very few details are available in her case. n August 2003, the skull of a person between mid-teens and early twenties was found in Cowlitz County, Washington. Wyant had previously lived in a Clark County, Washington foster home and investigators theorized she returned to that area after her disappearance, so her DNA was compared against the skull. It did not match, nor did the DNA of other Washington women match; the skull remains unidentified.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Clark County Sheriff's Office
360-397-2020

Two possibilities come to mind here...

One, that maybe Cherie had sustained a concussion or some related head injury in the accident, got confused or disoriented, and chose to leave the hospital. She either didn't remember where she should go, or ran into foul play when someone saw she was in a compromised state.

Two, do we know why Cherie was living in a group home at the time? Had either parent had their rights taken away from them? Perhaps she or he learned Cherie was in the hospital and took advantage of her being there in order to take her back.

Found a very interesting article on Cherie and her biological sister corrects some of the facts of the story. Her sister, Susan Elizabeth Wyant-Reinholz, says that it was a minor accident and that after the accident Cherie went back to the group home, "Youths for Christ," outside of Portland, OR. She was supposed to return by plane but left with other teens. Susan gives an e-mail address and a phone number. Here is the link:

http://whereaboutsstillunknown.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/cheryl-wyant/

Also found a Facebook page for Susan, and Susan looks amazingly like our little WCJD.

Susan Elizabeth Wyant-Reinholz says the detective from Clark County working on this is Lindsay Schultz who is a personal friend. Since there is mitochondrial DNA on our little DOE, Susan is a female relative, perhaps Lindsay could be contacted to check it out and would also be able to give or get information to Susan in the best way. The details of little WCJD are so horrible, I would hate to think of her seeing it without being prepared.

Found a very interesting article on Cherie and her biological sister corrects some of the facts of the story. Her sister, Susan Elizabeth Wyant-Reinholz, says that it was a minor accident and that after the accident Cherie went back to the group home, "Youths for Christ," outside of Portland, OR. She was supposed to return by plane but left with other teens. Susan gives an e-mail address and a phone number. Here is the link:

The poster in this site recommends the following UID who has dentals. I wonder if it was ever submitted? Looks like a firm possibility!

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5706

UID Found Aug 1978, 5'7", 15-20, Long brownish hair, 13-17" long, with blondish strands.

When I posted, I thought I was posting to the unidentified Jane Doe from Huntsville, TX. Cherie really looks alot like this girl who was found in Huntsville, TX.

For those following Cherie's case, here is the link to the thread that discusses the Huntsville, TX Jane Doe who looks similiar to Cherie, is 5'6" and about the same age.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80600

Bumping for Cherie Wyant, who is now referred to as Cheryl Wyant in most of the missing persons sites.

In this link Cherie's sister mentions a gut feeling and a suspicion about Cherie's caseworker. Is this something we can look into?

I do not remember Cherie’s case worker at the time in the foster care system, our old one we had for more than ten years was (Mr. W). I met the new case manager one time when he came over to our older sister Linda’s house to tell me it was my fault that Cherie ran away because she was trying to be like me. My sister Linda told him not to talk to me like that and that was all I remembered from him. We did not call the police or the airport to make sure she did not arrive on the plane he just told us that and we believed him. I think it would be a good idea to check out this story and this man, for some reason my gut has been thinking about this for a while. After all it is his job to report these things to the authorities which he never did. I called a few years ago and I do not think he is still in the same job position.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back