lostwithoutyou

Pray for the Missing ♥
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 314UFOK

Unidentified Female

314UFOK.jpg
314UFOK2.jpg

The victim was discovered on June 22, 2000 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
The estimated time of death is from June 1999 to March 2000.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 13 - 17 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: Unknown
Distinguishing Characteristics: The victim is described as being of mixed descent, White and Native or White and Hispanic. Brown shoulder length hair. She has a petite frame.
Dentals: Available.
Clothing: She was wearing a white sleeveless T-shirt, blue denim carpentar type pants and white socks.

Case History
The skeletal remains of the victim were located on June 22, 2000 in far southeast Oklahoma City.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Oklahoma City Police Department
Det. Gary Damron
405-297-1296
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
NCMEC #:
NCMU400077
NCIC Number:
U-150000970
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/314ufok.html

I think Samantha is an excellent match.

Has anyone called this tip in? If not, I will.

Yes normally as I had sent it long ago to the DN. You would have to ask Rocky to know if they ever got an answer about it. Recently I sent them an update I found about this UID having curly hair though.

Strange...I found this Jane Doe just last night and started researching her! I didn't know she had a thread here already.

I have found that NCMEC doesn't give enough information to match UIDs, IMO. I get so upset with the lack of info they put out. You might have a good match...but there isn't enough information for anyone to really be able to go through a check on it enough to turn it in as a possibility. You then have to dig on other sites about the same person on NCMEC which takes more time and most likely leads to no match due to what they failed to mention!

It also upsets me that our OSBI site and others do not list more than a few of our missing. (They are going to get letters from me about this, too!) I had to find her on the Texas Missing Clearinghouse site. What good does it do her not to be on a site from the state she is found in?!

By the way, I do think it could be a good match...however...her name is actually Samatha, but she calls herself Samantha. (Probably easier than trying to spell it each time or correct people!)

Not sure if this has been posted or not but i know you guys are really good at this and can maybe help.

NCMU400077c1.jpg

Case Type: Unidentified
DOB:
Sex: Female
Missing Date: Jun 22, 2000
Race: Biracial
Age Now: 13-17
Height: Unknown
Missing City: OKLAHOMA CITY
Weight: Unknown
Missing State : OK
Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States
Eye Color:
Case Number: NCMU400077

Circumstances: On June 22, 2000, the remains of this unidentified female were found in southeast Oklahoma City, OK. She is believed to have been deceased for up to one year prior to the discovery of her remains. The decedent is thought to be of mixed decent, either Caucasian/Native American or Caucasian/Hispanic. She had a petite build and was estimated to be between 13 and 17 years of age. The decedent had brown, shoulder-length hair. She wore a white sleeveless t-shirt, blue denim carpenter type pants, and white socks. The above image was created by a forensic artist for the Oklahoma City Police Department. Items such as eye color and hair style are the artist's estimations to complete the image, and should not be considered as significant markers for identification.

a couple things:

1. the noses are off - the UID has a hooked nose and Karina Gaitan does not;
2. the UID has broader cheekbones - Karina Gaitan does not;
3. the UID is described as having a petite build - Karina Gaitan was pretty big for a 13 year old at 5'6" and 160 pounds.

the chin and lips are also off - the UID has fuller lips and a less prominent chin than Karina Gaitan.

Wow, Samantha was pretty-the age progression does not do her justice.

Did anybody call this in?

I just made this match in my research!
I'm guessing SOMEONE called this in at some point?

I have found that NCMEC doesn't give enough information to match UIDs, IMO. I get so upset with the lack of info they put out. You might have a good match...but there isn't enough information for anyone to really be able to go through a check on it enough to turn it in as a possibility. You then have to dig on other sites about the same person on NCMEC which takes more time and most likely leads to no match due to what they failed to mention!

Here is Samatha's Charley Project page and a side-by-side comparison.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/clonch_samatha.html

314UFOK.jpg
clonch_samatha.jpg

Everything looks OK to me. No contradictions. They mention curly hair, but then portray the reconstruction with straight hair.

Although the UID has a DNA profile at the Univ of North Texas (and is probably in CODIS), I see no indication that Samatha has a CODIS profile, so it doesn't look like we would have a CODIS exclusion by default.

This definitely looks to me like it's worth calling in.

Here is Samatha's Charley Project page and a side-by-side comparison.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/clonch_samatha.html

314UFOK.jpg
clonch_samatha.jpg

Everything looks OK to me. No contradictions. They mention curly hair, but then portray the reconstruction with straight hair.

Although the UID has a DNA profile at the Univ of North Texas (and is probably in CODIS), I see no indication that Samatha has a CODIS profile, so it doesn't look like we would have a CODIS exclusion by default.

This definitely looks to me like it's worth calling in.

I submitted this PM about 6 months ago to NCMEC, I was told this PM was looked at already, but I've never seen a concrete list of rule outs for the decedent, so please call it in again- just to be sure. :)

there is a Namus page for this UID:

https://identifyus.org/cases/5192

they list 5 rule-outs:

Amber Barker 1987 Oklahoma
Christina Lewis 1983 North Carolina
JILL MCMILLIOAN 1982 Oklahoma
Karen Mitchell 1980 California
Veronica Whyte 1984 California

LAURIA BIBLE

Date Of Birth: April 18, 1983
Height: 65.0 inches
Weight: 130 pounds
Missing: 12/30/1999
Missing Location: Welch, Oklahoma

Distinguishing Characteristics: Native American female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Lauria has a mole under her nose and a scar on the top of her head. Her ears are pierced. She is right-handed. Her nickname is Pooh.

Clothing/Jewelry Description: Possibly a blue shirt, jeans, white tennis shoes or black boots and silver heart-shaped earrings with embedded diamonds

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5849/5/

UID

Estimated age: Adult - Pre 20
Minimum age: 13 years
Maximum age: 17 years
Race: White
Ethnicity: Hispanic/Latino, Native American and/or White
Sex: Female
Weight (pounds):Cannot Estimate
Height (inches): 65, Cannot Estimate
Body condition Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Found: June 23, 2000
Probable year of death: 1999 to 2000
Location Found: Oklahoma City

https://identifyus.org/cases/5192

The distance between where Lauria went missing, Welch, Oklahoma and where the UID was found, Oklahoma City is only about 3.5 hours away.

It could be Lauria Bible. I would think that she should have been looked at, but that doesn't mean that she was.

Oklahoma has been doing a fairly good job of working on UID cases in recent years. But from what I've heard, they were dysfunctional in prior years

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back