1194 users online (227 members and 967 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

AZ - Man Feeds Puppy To His Snake, Gets 90 Days In Jail

Pouring cooking oil and that puppy so the snake could swallow it easier! What an inhumane person.

PHOENIX - A man who coated a 3-week-old puppy in cooking oil and then fed it to his pet boa constrictor was sentenced Thursday to 90 days in jail and two years probation, prosecutors said.
    Joseph Beadle, 40, pleaded guilty to an animal cruelty charge in March. He has served 51 days of his jail sentence while the case was pending.
    Beadle, of Glendale, faced up to a year in jail on the charge. (more @ link) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19234199/

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Pouring cooking oil and that puppy so the snake could swallow it easier! What an inhumane person.

PHOENIX - A man who coated a 3-week-old puppy in cooking oil and then fed it to his pet boa constrictor was sentenced Thursday to 90 days in jail and two years probation, prosecutors said.
    Joseph Beadle, 40, pleaded guilty to an animal cruelty charge in March. He has served 51 days of his jail sentence while the case was pending.
    Beadle, of Glendale, faced up to a year in jail on the charge. (more @ link) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19234199/
    what the hell is wrong with people ????????

What is the snake supposed to eat? Kibble? BocaMammals?

Quote Originally Posted by luthersmama View Post
    What is the snake supposed to eat? Kibble? BocaMammals?
    perhaps rats, mice etc, things raised for the feeding- or better yet, out in nature where they fend for themselves-- I am sure there could be alot of answers, but a live puppy just doesnt get it, in my opinion

Snakes eat rodents.

I hate this, I'm a dog-lover. How could you coat a cute little puppy in oil and feed it to an awful snake!!!???

Eve

Did you guys see at the end of the article it said investigators seized his snake after finding it was the victim of neglect? I wonder what he did to it or how it was neglected?

Sick, sick, sick.

Maybe he needs to be coated in oil and fed to a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    Snakes eat rodents.

I hate this, I'm a dog-lover. How could you coat a cute little puppy in oil and feed it to an awful snake!!!???

Eve
    Hiya, Eve.

Believe me, snakes will eat anything!

I'm not trying to get flamed here, but what is the legal difference between feeding a puppy to a snake or feeding a rodent to a snake? Puppies are protected by the law, but rats/ferrets aren't? One is animal cruelty and the other is just feeding time at the zoo - what's the difference?

Just wondering....
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I honestly don't know what to think about this...

I have a friend that runs a rescue group in Australia for rats these rats in many cases would become snake food. Keep in mind they were not breed as food as they were pets. Plenty of people have pet mice as well. Its not like there is one cage in the pet shop for "food" rats or mice and another for "pet" ones.

So I am not sure there is a big difference here. I am not saying its right but snakes do eat smaller creatures and I don't know if a hungry snake would not eat a puppy in the wild.

I think we all have a soft spot for puppies and not so much for rats, mice and snakes..
    But I know plenty of people that love reptiles and rodents as pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    I honestly don't know what to think about this...

I have a friend that runs a rescue group in Australia for rats these rats in many cases would become snake food. Keep in mind they were not breed as food as they were pets. Plenty of people have pet mice as well. Its not like there is one cage in the pet shop for "food" rats or mice and another for "pet" ones.

So I am not sure there is a big difference here. I am not saying its right but snakes do eat smaller creatures and I don't know if a hungry snake would not eat a puppy in the wild.

I think we all have a soft spot for puppies and not so much for rats, mice and snakes..
    But I know plenty of people that love reptiles and rodents as pets.
    This was what my previous post was touching on. When is it just "the cycle of life" and when is it punishable by law? Why are puppies protected and rats aren't?

I had two white rats as pets when I was younger and know several people who keep other rodents and reptiles as pets.

A boa in the wild would absolutely eat a puppy!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    This was what my previous post was touching on. When is it just "the cycle of life" and when is it punishable by law? Why are puppies protected and rats aren't?

I had two white rats as pets when I was younger and know several people who keep other rodents and reptiles as pets.

A boa in the wild would absolutely eat a puppy!

I saw that after I posted...
    That is exactly what I think too.
    Why is the line drawn at rodents?
    From what my friend says her rats are totally cognative and sweet.
    Someone above mentioned ferrets..
    We have a ferret for a pet and I would be heartbroken to think someone would feed a ferret to a snake.
    I believe snakes also eat frogs.
    They sell frogs as pets in the pet store as well... But had this guy fed a frog to his snake I am sure he would not be in jail.

I know we think Frog?? Rodent??? Ewwwww
    But I think my ferret is just as darling as a puppy...
    Do we just decide based on the cuteness of the pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    I saw that after I posted...
    That is exactly what I think too.
    Why is the line drawn at rodents?
    From what my friend says her rats are totally cognative and sweet.
    Someone above mentioned ferrets..
    We have a ferret for a pet and I would be heartbroken to think someone would feed a ferret to a snake.
    I believe snakes also eat frogs.
    They sell frogs as pets in the pet store as well... But had this guy fed a frog to his snake I am sure he would not be in jail.

I know we think Frog?? Rodent??? Ewwwww
    But I think my ferret is just as darling as a puppy...
    Do we just decide based on the cuteness of the pet?
    We're on the same page here, to be certain. That's why I am very curious as to what the law it about. I've never heard animal cruelty laws detailed as to species - and it's always a jury call as to what constitutes cruelty.

In this country, puppies have our hearts more than rats, perhaps, but does that make them any more worthy of protection from cruelty.

Is it truly cruel to do this to a pup, and, if so, then why is it not equally cruel to do it to other critters?

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    Hiya, Eve.

Believe me, snakes will eat anything!

I'm not trying to get flamed here, but what is the legal difference between feeding a puppy to a snake or feeding a rodent to a snake? Puppies are protected by the law, but rats/ferrets aren't? One is animal cruelty and the other is just feeding time at the zoo - what's the difference?

Just wondering....
    In the USA, dogs, cats, and some other animals are considered "domesticated," which is different than "tame." Domesticated animals fall under either misdemeanor laws or felony laws (which is the case in most states in the USA). It's a matter of law since rodents aren't domesticated they don't have laws. I'm sure there are animal rights' groups who try to get this type thinking changed but I'm only familiar with things involving dogs.

A puppy or most any other baby animal is defenseless and doesn't have much chance to run or evade a predator (particular a human one). Healthy adult animals usually at least have a fighting chance.

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    In the USA, dogs, cats, and some other animals are considered "domesticated," which is different than "tame." Domesticated animals fall under either misdemeanor laws or felony laws (which is the case in most states in the USA). It's just a matter of law since rodents aren't domesticated they don't have laws. I'm sure there are animal rights' groups who try to get this type thinking changed but I'm only familiar with things involving dogs.....
    Thank you so much for explaining this, BOESP! Whether right or wrong, that makes sense. (ie - the difference netween "domesticated" and "tame.")

Quote Originally Posted by NewMom2003 View Post
    Sick, sick, sick.

Maybe he needs to be coated in oil and fed to a snake.
    Sounds like an excellent idea to me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast