GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 1029UMGA, 50-70, w/ photo of young girl, Dec'80

Kymistry35

It's never to late to be who you could have been
Reaction score
Website
bringushome.19.forumer.com
This one seems solveable if he was reported missing.

Unidentified White Male

• The victim was discovered on December 19, 1980 in Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia
  • Skeletonized Remains
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 50-70 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 6' 0".
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Blond-gray hair;
  • Dentals: Had false teeth; a lower denture was found.
Case History
The victim was located near a construction site at Northside Parkway and I-75 in Atlanta, Georgia on December 19, 1980.
Among his possessions were numerous fragmented pieces of paper and a photograph of a young girl.
The young girl, who appears to have brown eyes and reddish hair, is about 4 years of age (she would be in her thirties now if the picture was taken sometime around 1980).
Another faded photograph had handwriting which appears to read HR Bow dyeing and finishing, 278-3448 although this is not certain.
Fragments of a handwritten letter addressed to Dear Dad was singed with love from Pam T Dwight or perhaps Pam + Dwight.
Also found was a bus ticket, possibly originating in Panama City, Florida. The writing was faded and mostly illegible.

1029UMGA.jpg
1029UMGA1.jpg
1029UMGA2.jpg
CASE%20NUMBER.jpg

Left: Photo of little girl found in decedent's wallet; Center: Closeup of child in photo; Right: Touched up photo. She would have been about 4 years old in picture.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office

Investigation Section
404-730-4400

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:

80-2267
NCIC Number:

N/A
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of October 9, 2022>

Last edited by a moderator:

• [*]The victim was discovered on December 19, 1980 in Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia
    [*]Skeletonized Remains. Mandible missing. Most bones were recovered.

• [*]Estimated age: 50-70 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 6' 0"; 175 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Blond-gray hair;
    [*]Clothing : Blue shirt and blue work pants. Shirt size is 16.5 x 34. Brown belt.
    [*]Dentals: Had false teeth; lower upper jaw edentulous, denture was found.

The victim was located near a construction site at Northside Parkway and I-75 in Atlanta, Georgia on December 19, 1980.

Among his possessions were numerous fragmented pieces of paper and a photograph of a young girl. The young girl, who appears to have brown eyes and reddish hair, is about 4 years of age (she would be in her thirties in 2008, if the picture was taken sometime around 1980).

Another faded photograph had handwriting which appears to read “HR Bow dyeing and finishing, 278-3448” although this is not certain.
Fragments of a handwritten letter addressed to “Dear Dad” was singed with love from “Pam T Dwight” or perhaps “Pam + Dwight.”
Also found was a bus ticket, possibly originating in Panama City, Florida. The writing was faded and mostly illegible.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1029umga.html

I saw this case mentioned in the Sharon Marshall thread and thought it might be solveable if the little girl's picture would be circulated. <modsnip: removed broken links>

There is one Pamela T. Dwight age 52 on Intelius.

I would find it unusual that a daughter would sign their last name and middle initial on a hand written note to their father, so it may be Pam + Dwight.

Bump... I was just talking about this case to someone on another forum and am surprised to not see any activity on this thread. This seems like it should be an easy one..... find Pam T. Dwight or siblings relatives Pam and Dwight listed on a people search engine....

Hoping to see more activity on this one.

I think it would be Pam & Dwight. I mean who signs a letter to their dad like that. Pam T. Dwight. That would be weird even if she wasn't close to her dad.

I agree, Pam T Dwight would be an unusual way to sign a letter....
How can we go about searching for siblings Pam and Dwight? Based on the information provided, I think the siblings would have been in either the GA or FL at the time.... who knows where they might be now.

I wouldn't think siblings...I would think a husband and wife. The wife is probably the man's daughter. You know, she is signing the letter from herself and her hubby. Why would an adult (or even a child) sign a letter from herself and her brother?

That is possible too, unless the big sister wrote the letter and included her little brothers name and he was not yet old enough to print. An adult would most likely not use the + sign but rather spell out and...

If your scenario is correct the little girl in the photo may possibly be a grandchild rather than his own daughter.

The picture reminds of a school shot done due to the photo background. Perhaps a pre-school photo. Where she is wearing a turtleneck in the photo, the weather must have been cooler where she lived than possibly Florida. I only say this because of stated possible Florida bus ticket. Grandchild, maybe. As far as the letter goes, I'm thinking Pam + Dwight. Not too many people I know would sign a letter. "Love, Pam T Dwight". Makes no sense, in my opinion.

Could it be possible he wasn't from the U.S.? Perhaps from overseas?

The picture reminds of a school shot done due to the photo background. Perhaps a pre-school photo. Where she is wearing a turtleneck in the photo, the weather must have been cooler where she lived than possibly Florida. I only say this because of stated possible Florida bus ticket. Grandchild, maybe. As far as the letter goes, I'm thinking Pam + Dwight. Not too many people I know would sign a letter. "Love, Pam T Dwight". Makes no sense, in my opinion.

Could it be possible he wasn't from the U.S.? Perhaps from overseas?

I agree about the background, and would hope they have already checked with photographers to see if anyone recognizes it. It is pretty degraded, though.

You are right that the picture could be from anywhere if it was mailed to him, but it wouldn't be unusual for the child to wear a turtleneck in GA in the winter. The tough thing is not knowing how old the picture is, b/c it looks very 70s to me. I'm guessing that little girl is probably closer to my age (almost 40) and wasn't actually 4 in 1980. I think the picture is older.

Doing a quick search for the phone number, it pulls up the Adult Probation Office in Montgomery. Who knows how long they've had that number or if that is the right area code, but if the man was a parolee then it might explain why he was estranged from a family who reported him missing.

<modsnip: removed broken link>

District Attorney | Montgomery County, PA - Official Website

You are right that the picture could be from anywhere if it was mailed to him, but it wouldn't be unusual for the child to wear a turtleneck in GA in the winter. The tough thing is not knowing how old the picture is, b/c it looks very 70s to me. I'm guessing that little girl is probably closer to my age (almost 40) and wasn't actually 4 in 1980. I think the picture is older.

I agree. I have a photo of myself with similiar style clothing and colors and it was taken about 71 or 72. I had the same color tights on as the turtle neck.. I can't imagine this photo is any older than 75... as the styles changed in the later 70's.

This is another case that should have been easy to solve...

I found a Bowater Inc in South Carolina (which goes by the shortened version Bow) that works with wood products, paper, etc. Not sure if this has a tie to "dyeing and finishing", which is usually applied to fabric preparation. There is a 278-3448 within the same area code, but is a private residence.
I also found a Pam and Dwight D, in South Carolina, ages listed 50-54. This would have put them in their mid-20s when this UID as discovered.

I have to wonder if he wasn't estranged from his family, given that he hang onto some very old sentimental items. He may very likely not have been reported missing.

This is another case that should have been easy to solve...

I found a Bowater Inc in South Carolina (which goes by the shortened version Bow) that works with wood products, paper, etc. Not sure if this has a tie to "dyeing and finishing", which is usually applied to fabric preparation. There is a 278-3448 within the same area code, but is a private residence.
I also found a Pam and Dwight D, in South Carolina, ages listed 50-54. This would have put them in their mid-20s when this UID as discovered.

Any way of using the people searches to get a maiden name or maybe report it to someone? I just have a feeling that maybe there was an estrangement and so no missing persons report.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back