700 users online (88 members and 612 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Dawnna Wright, 31, pregnant, shot to death, San Diego, 12 June 2007

another pregnant woman murdered by a$$hole b.f

SAN DIEGO -- A man has pleaded not guilty, after police said he showed up at his pregnant girlfriend's job with a bouquet of roses, then shot her to death.

Roger McDowell is held on $2 million bail.

Authorities in San Diego said McDowell shot his girlfriend, Dawna Wright, three times in the head Tuesday at the medical office where she worked. A doctor was wounded in the leg.
    http://www.wjactv.com/mostpopular/13509143/detail.html

So he allegedly calls police and tells them he killed her and then he pleads not guilty?
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

Why waste the $ on roses when you're planning to kill someone?
    Anyway that was my poor attempt at humor, NOT that there is ANYTHING humourous about this.
    But to be honest I had a VERY nasty custody dispute myself, the law, whether we like to admit it or not, is NOT always fair. Believe me, I can definitely respect anyone's frustrations, whether male or female, with the court system. I have had a few murderous thoughts myself, the only difference being I only thought, and did not act on them.
    I don't know the full story here, but how did this guy think murder would help him? Now the child is left without any parent, one dead, and one in jail. Sad, very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Why waste the $ on roses when you're planning to kill someone?
    I don't know. But you ladies should think of this case whenever you are wishing your man was more "romantic."

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I don't know. But you ladies should think of this case whenever you are wishing your man was more "romantic."

*sigh* I wish this all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    *sigh* I wish this all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, just remember every time he DOESN'T bring you flowers, it's because he loves you and wants you to live!

These two must have had a long relationship if they had an 8 yr old daughter together. I wonder how far along the girlfriend was? The guy will be charged with 1st degree murder times 2....I hope.

I would like to hear more about what was happening in family court and why the judge wouldn't let him see his daughter if that was the case. Maybe he was a violent person or into drugs. Maybe he wanted full custody of the daughter and didn't get it. Whatever it was it sure didn't give him the right to murder the lady and the baby.

After reading McDowell's sister's comment I see she's just as big an idiot as he is.

How is the judge denying the killer the right to be a parent??? If Dawn was pregnant with his baby then he's the parent so what's the problem???

Sounds to me like the judge might have been on to something. I think being a homicidal maniac cancels out the right to be a parent, especially if it isn't that big a deal to kill your unborn child. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Sounds to me like the judge might have been on to something. I think being a homicidal maniac cancels out the right to be a parent, especially if it isn't that big a deal to kill your unborn child. Of course, this is just my opinion.
    But the quote said the judge was prevented the guy from being a parent BEFORE he killed his wife.

Any pics of the wife or the couple?

Quote Originally Posted by UM&AMWfan View Post
    But the quote said the judge was prevented the guy from being a parent BEFORE he killed his wife.

Any pics of the wife or the couple?
    Had a look at other links and there are no photos for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegran View Post
    Had a look at other links and there are no photos for some reason.
    Must be a pretty ugly couple!

LOL!!

It's just that if they're attractive the media is usually all over the pictures.

From July 2009:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...My-Nieces.html

The family of a murdered pregnant woman talked about forgiveness Friday as her killer was sentenced to 75 years to life in state prison.

Roger Jerone McDowell, 35, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder for shooting his ex-girlfriend Dawnna Denize Wright, 31, six times at her workplace after showing up with a bouquet of roses.