998 users online (142 members and 856 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Anthony Giancola, principal, for buying cocaine on school campus, Tampa, 2007

TAMPA, Fla. -- A former middle school principal has pleaded guilty to buying crack cocaine in his office and was sentenced to a year in jail.

Anthony Giancola was arrested in February when he made a deal to buy 20 dollars worth of crack cocaine from an undercover officer while students were still on campus at Van Buren Middle School in Tampa. The incident was caught on videotape.

Giancola was sentenced to 364 days in the county jail. If he completes a drug-treatment program in jail, the remainder of the sentence will be suspended.

Giancola also got three years probation, 200 hours of community service and must forfeit his teaching license.

Giancola pleaded guilty to purchasing cocaine on school property, possession of cocaine and possession of less than 20 grams of cannabis.

He was given until June 30 to turn himself in to begin serving the sentence. http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13515073/detail.html

Good grief. What is happening in our schools? I swear if I had kids in school I would home school them. We have teachers molesting our kids and principals buying cocaine and he isn't the first person in administration who has been caught doing something he shouldn't. The perverts and addicts aren't only on our streets they are in the schools now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    Good grief. What is happening in our schools? I swear if I had kids in school I would home school them. We have teachers molesting our kids and principals buying cocaine and he isn't the first person in administration who has been caught doing something he shouldn't. The perverts and addicts aren't only on our streets they are in the schools now.

This is why when I read a story like the 14 yo told to pee in a bottle in the classroom, I don't totally disregaurd it.

http://www.tbo.com/news/crime/former...page-20130909/
    Curious as to what happened to this man, I typed in his name. He is serving a life sentence for a murderous rampage in 2012.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.