GUILTY NC - Travis Baker, 19, Claremont, 16 April 2007

lostwithoutyou

Pray for the Missing ♥
Reaction score
UPDATE-this missing person has been located

Friends, family hold vigil for missing 19-year-old

'This is a hope that Travis will come home. This is better than sitting on the couch and doing nothing.'

BY ANDREW MACKIE
RECORD STAFF WRITER
Sunday, June 17, 2007

CLAREMONT -- On one side of the large, 5-foot tall rock that sits in a field in front of Bunker Hill High School is written “Pray for Travis.”
Another side states, “We love and miss you.”
More than 70 friends and family of Travis Baker gathered around the rock at dusk Saturday for a candlelight vigil to pray for the safe return of the missing 19-year-old.
Travis has not been seen or heard from since April 16. Police received more than 50 leads, but turned up nothing. Investigators from the Catawba County Sheriff’s Office expect foul play is involved.
But those who love Travis said they met Saturday in a show of hope, not as a memorial.
“We just decided to do something,” said Jerry Sigmon, whose son, Jerry Jr., had attended school with Travis since kindergarten. “We’re tired of riding the roads and looking. What better thing to do than pray? Prayer is the most powerful thing. This is a hope that Travis will come home. This is better than sitting on the couch and doing nothing.”
Pastor Scott Johnson of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Conover led the group in prayer. That was followed by the reading of Bible verse John 4:14: “And this is the confidence that we have in him, that if we ask anything according to him, he heareth us.”
The 20-minute ceremony ended with the song “Amazing Grace” and the reciting of the Lord’s Prayer.
“You have the prayers of many that you would bring Travis back to us,” Sigmon said as he led a prayer. He finished by telling the group to keep their eyes and ears open.
“The worst part of this is not having any clues or news,” he said. “But we’re not giving up on Travis. We’re not doing this because we think Travis is dead. We still have hope.”
Dozens of people placed lighted candles at the rock’s base. Some wrote messages. Most of those gathered stayed for at least another 15 minutes, talking about Travis and hugging his parents, Dwayne and Patricia, and his girlfriend, Hallie.
“This lets me know that Travis is still thought and cared about by teachers, friends and family,” Dwayne said. “We’re still hoping and praying. Keep looking. Travis is a good kid.”
A car show is planned June 23 at the Hardee’s in Conover from noon to 9 p.m. Proceeds from the event will go to Travis’s family.

Travis is white, 6 feet tall, weighs about 165 pounds, has two flame tattoos on his arms and BAKER spelled across his back.
His vehicle is also missing. It is a 1998, two-door red Chevrolet Camaro, license plate number WRP8627.
Anyone with information should call the sheriff’s office at 465-8301.
amackie@hickoryrecord.com | 322-4510 x5407 or 304-6914

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/servle...DR_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173351674076

I wonder if he could have run off the road and is in a place where no one can see his car?

He also had a car that many guys would probably love to have. I wonder if someone decided to take it from him? Seems like it would show up somewhere though unless it is in another state.

I wonder if LE tried to talk to the friend of Travis that failed the poly. He retained an attorney after the failed poly but if I were LE I would be on that kid's tail all of the time. Make him so nervous he would finally tell what he knows. Travis was at the friend's house last. Called his girlfiend when he got there and 20 minutes later he couldn't be reached and hasn't been seen since. Something happened to Travis after he got to his friend's house. I wonder if there was someone there who decided that they wanted his car?
That car could be anywhere with different license plates on it and no one would pay any attention to it. There were probably some that envied Travis that car as it sounds like a hot one.

My heart goes out to his parents. I can't imagine being in their shoes and surviving.

http://www.charlotte.com/catawba/story/584841.html

17 April 08

Family and friends of a man who has been missing one year held a vigil Wednesday night near the site where he was last seen.
Travis Baker was last seen in the morning hours of April 16, 2007, near an Exxon station on Oxford School Road near the Catawba community in Catawba County. He was 19 at the time.
The Catawba County Sheriff's Office says the last word received from Baker was a text message he sent to his fiancee, Haley, saying he would meet her for lunch. He and his car, a red 1998 Chevrolet Camaro, have not been seen since.
Baker's parents, Dwayne and Patricia, attended the vigil Wednesday night and again asked the public to provide any information it might have.
Several searches have been conducted, but no trace of Baker or his car has been found.
Baker's Camaro had N.C. license tags WRP-8627.
Baker is described as 6 feet tall and 160 pounds. He is a white male with brown hair, blue eyes, and two flame tattoos on his arms.
Anyone with information in the case can contact the Catawba County Sheriff's Office, at 828-464-5241.

From CUE Center for Missing Persons

A Thanksgiving Wish for the Missing

Family of Missing Son, Travis Baker Offer New Reward Plea

Wilmington, N.C. – The Family of Travis Baker and CUE Center for Missing Persons offer a new

Reward in an effort to locate the missing youth. Travis Lee Baker was last seen in Catawba County, North Carolina on April 16, 2007; approximately early to mid day. He and his vehicle a candy apple red 1998 camero, with a NC tag number WRP8627 have simply vanished. Baker has three tattoos, his last name in capital letters across his back, the name “Hallie” on his chest and red & black tribal band on his upper left and right arm arm.

Now, his family is offering a cash reward that will run for ten days in hope that someone will step forward and just tell them where they can find their son. The $2,000.00 reward offer will begin November 25th at midnight and run for ten day straight ending on December 5th of 2008, no strings, no questions asked. “I hope that someone will call the authorities or the CUE Center and end our nightmare; we are so worn out over all of this”, said the father of Travis, Dwayne Baker.

In the past year the Baker family along with the CUE Center for Missing Persons, family friends, law officials and the community have conducted searches, held benefits and public awareness campaigns (local and nationally), erected billboards, the list goes on, all in an effort to gain information and ultimately to bring Travis home; to date Travis remains missing along with his vehicle.

“It is frustrating not only for the family but all who have given so much to aid in finding the answers”, said CUE Founder, Monica Caison. “Families of the missing should not have to go through this, but until people do the right thing and truly help, we must continue to push forward until there are answers; I am hoping this holiday season will provide this family with the one wish they have, to find their son”, she added.

If anyone has information on the whereabouts of Travis Baker please contact the Catawba County Sheriff’s Department at (828) 464-5241 or CUE Center for Missing Persons (910) 343-1131 or the 24 hour line (910) 232-1687, callers can remain anonymous.

In 1994 the CUE Center for Missing Persons was founded to aid cases of missing persons nationwide; funded entirely by donations, and staffed by volunteers. CUE Founder Monica Caison, has dedicated her life to the plight of missing people; which is focused on finding the missing, advocating for their causes, and supporting their families. Since its inception, CUE has helped more than 7,000 families in what is often the most confusing and desperate times of their lives.

Travis Lee Baker missing from NC: REWARD COUNTDOWN starts a 10 day Reward Count Down for information leading to Travis Baker that will bring him home. No Questions Asked!
Please help us circulate this flyer

A Thanksgiving Wish for the Missing

Family of Missing Son, Travis Baker Offer New Reward Plea

The Family of Travis Baker and CUE Center for Missing Persons offer a new

Reward in an effort to locate the missing youth. Travis Lee Baker was last seen in Catawba County, North Carolina on April 16, 2007; approximately early to mid day. He and his vehicle a candy apple red 1998 camero, with a NC tag number WRP8627 have simply vanished. Baker has three tattoos, his last name in capital letters across his back, the name “Hallie” on his chest and red & black tribal band on his upper left and right arm arm.

Now, his family is offering a cash reward that will run for ten days in hope that someone will step forward and just tell them where they can find their son. The $2,000.00 reward offer will begin November 25th at midnight and run for ten day straight ending on December 5th of 2008, no strings, no questions asked. “I hope that someone will call the authorities or the CUE Center and end our nightmare; we are so worn out over all of this”, said the father of Travis, Dwayne Baker.

In the past year the Baker family along with the CUE Center for Missing Persons, family friends, law officials and the community have conducted searches, held benefits and public awareness campaigns (local and nationally), erected billboards, the list goes on, all in an effort to gain information and ultimately to bring Travis home; to date Travis remains missing along with his vehicle.

“It is frustrating not only for the family but all who have given so much to aid in finding the answers”, said CUE Founder, Monica Caison. “Families of the missing should not have to go through this, but until people do the right thing and truly help, we must continue to push forward until there are answers; I am hoping this holiday season will provide this family with the one wish they have, to find their son”, she added.

If anyone has information on the whereabouts of Travis Baker please contact the Catawba County Sheriff’s Department at (828) 464-5241 or CUE Center for Missing Persons (910) 343-1131 or the 24 hour line (910) 232-1687, callers can remain anonymous.

Attachments

• Travis-Baker(1)200.jpg
    Travis-Baker(1)200.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 96
  • travisbillboardarticle.jpg
    travisbillboardarticle.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 97
  • travisbakerscarismissing.jpg
    travisbakerscarismissing.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 91
By Sarah Newell Williamson | Hickory Daily Record

Published: November 26, 2008

CATAWBA - For the next 10 days, the family of Travis Baker and the CUE Center for Missing Persons are offering a reward of $2,000 for information that will locate the missing teen.

Baker was last seen at the Bunker Hill Exxon on Oxford School Road on April 16, 2007. Since then, neither he, nor his candy apple red 1998 Camaro, have been seen.

The $2,000 reward is being offered for 10 days, from midnight Nov. 26 through Dec. 5.

"I hope that someone will call the authorities or the CUE Center and end our nightmare," said Dwayne Baker, Travis' father. "We are so worn out over all of this."

Tonya Cavender, Baker's aunt, said to collect the reward, someone just needs to phone authorities and let them know where Baker is.

"We just want to get the answers our family so desperately needs," she said.

Since Baker disappeared, his family, in partnership with law enforcement and CUE, has conducted five searches in the area for Baker, held benefits and public awareness campaigns and erected billboards about his disappearance.

"It is frustrating not only for the family but all who have given so much to aid in finding the answers," said CUE founder, Monica Caison. "Families of the missing should not have to go through this, but until people do the right thing and truly help, we must continue to push forward until there are answers. I am hoping this holiday season will provide this family with the one wish they have, to find their son."

If anyone has information about Baker, they can contact the Catawba County Sheriff's Department at 464-5241, CUE Center for Missing Persons at (910) 343-1131 or the 24-hour line (910) 232-1687.

Callers can remain anonymous.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/conte...eases-reward-information-received-withi/news/

Reader Comments

Voice your opinion by posting a comment.
Posted by ( DEBRA ) on 11/27/2008 at 08:17 am.

I PERSONALLY THINK IT IS SAD THAT PEOPLE HAVE TO TAKE SOMEONE AWAY FOR WHATEVER REASON , IF THEY HAVE THAT MUCH HATRED AND THAT UNHAPPY LET IT BE WITH THEMSELF. NOT OUT HARMING OTHERS.

Report Inappropriate Comments

Posted by ( gwbush ) on 11/27/2008 at 09:17 am.

How about if everyone who reads this story bands together to add to the $2,000 reward that is being offered for 10 days. I'll match $500 to anyone who will do the same. If some can only add $5 or $10 to the reward, it would all add up. Let's try to find some answers for this hurting family. Money talks.

WE WILL NEED VOLUNTEERS TO PASS OUT FLYERS IN THE COMING DAYS!

ANYONE WISHING TO HELP PLEASE CONTACT MONICA CAISON.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS MATTER.

PLEASE HELP KEEP TRAVIS BAKERS THREAD BUMPED TO THE TOP FOR THESE 10 DAYS OF THIS REWARD COUNTDOWN. THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH.

Please help circulate the attached flyer to everyone
thank you so much for all your help and support!

Travis lee baker, missing from hickory north carolina april 16, 2007

please if you know anything at all, please come forward today and help this family bring travis home.

God bless.

Attachments

• Travis_Baker_Flyer.jpg
    Travis_Baker_Flyer.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 82
Remains found before Christmas possibly Travis Baker's

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police still don't have a positive identification on the human bones recovered last week in southwest Charlotte. That's keeping several area families in a state of suspense. "I love my son. I want answers," said Patricia Baker. The Bakers' son, Travis, vanished from Catawba County on April 16, 2007. He was 19 years old. "It's a waiting game," said father Dwayne Baker about not knowing the identity of the human skull and other bones found on Christmas Eve.

"You want to know and you don't."

Travis Baker fits the parameters given by the medical examiner for the human remains, likely a white male between the ages 18 to 30. The victim in this case was killed sometime between one and five years ago.

Police already ruled out the high profile disappearance of Kyle Fleishman.

The problem, however, is that about 30 missing person cases in the Charlotte area still fit the profile. "That's a lot. I know I'm not the only one going through it," said Dwayne Baker. "Everybody who has a missing loved one goes through the emotions I go through." For the Bakers, not knowing the truth seems as difficult as continuing to wait.

"That's the hope that you hold on to that he may be found alive," added the missing man’s father. "(Then) there's your closure but yet you don't want to know that your loved one could be gone."

Police have said they won’t contact any family until they make a positive ID of the remains.

Interview with Baker family: http://www.wcnc.com/video/index.html?nvid=317956

Officers search field after human remains found

Some Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officers spent Christmas Day searching a field for human remains after a construction worker found bones there on Wednesday.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-122508-mw-remains_search.7f02196.html

Police: Remains not those of Kyle Fleischmann

On Tuesday, the medical examiner released a description of the victim that matches the Fleischmann case almost perfectly. Investigators looked at the possibility this week, but we're told that police are absolutely positive the remains found last week are not those of Fleischmann.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-123008-al-remains_found.1fefb691.html

HUMAN BONES FOUND DECEMBER 23, 2008

CHARLOTTE CMPD investigates human remains found 12:02 AM EST on Thursday, December 25, 2008
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A worker finds human remains at a construction site on the afternoon of Christmas Eve. Now, police and neighbors are waiting to discover who the remains belong to and who left them there.

Officers guarded all 15 acres of the site overnight. They were waiting for daylight so they can comb through the cleared area and the wooded area next to Interstate 485. There are still a lot of questions on the minds of neighbors. “I figured something was wrong,” said Richard Burgess, who watched as dozens of Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officers collected across the street from his home on Dixie River Road. “I asked them then if they could tell, white, black, male, female, young, old, and he said, 'It’s remains. You can’t tell anything,'" Burgess said.

Police say a construction worker discovered the remains earlier in the day. Burgess believes the timing is a little unusual. “I think it’s odd that somebody would pull up on Christmas Eve and discover it though.” Investigators are searching through all of their open missing person files to see if they can identify the remains. So far, all police have to go on are a skull and some additional bones. “It doesn’t surprise us that bad things happen out here. There’s a couple of bad neighborhoods out here,” said Burgess. In fact, he says, a few years ago another body was found down the same dark, tree lined road. “A girl was raped and killed,” he recalled. But this one hits closer to home, and he along with police are still in search of answers. Investigators plan to resume their search of the area early Christmas morning. They say it could be days, weeks, or even months before they’re able to identify the bones

Officers search field after human remains found 07:50 PM EST on Thursday, December 25, 2008 CHARLOTTE, N.C. --

Some Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officers spent Christmas Day searching a field for human remains after a construction worker found bones there on Wednesday. The search began at 7 a.m. Thursday and lasted until noon. "We've got a total of about 60 people this morning," said CMPD Capt. John Williams. "There were several bones that were located yesterday, part of a skull that was located, and I think some larger bones were located." A construction worker found the bones not far from the road in the 5200 block of Dixie River Road, near Interstate 485 and Steele Creek Road. "We started out with cadaver dogs to do a search of the area to see if any additional remains can be found," Williams said.

Related Story: • CMPD investigates human remains found The area covers 15 acres. "It's heavily wooded, and that's one of those challenges for us this morning," Williams said. "That's why we have as many officers as we do out here." Once they collect all the remains, police will move onto their next step. "They'll go back and look at missing persons cases and see if there's anything that matches," Williams said. The remains have been sent to the medical examiner's office.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte-Mecklenburg police still don't have a positive identification on the human bones recovered last week in southwest Charlotte. That's keeping several area families in a state of suspense. "I love my son. I want answers," said Patricia Baker. The Bakers' son, Travis, vanished from Catawba County on April 16, 2007. He was 19 years old. "It's a waiting game," said father Dwayne Baker about not knowing the identity of the human skull and other bones found on Christmas Eve.

"You want to know and you don't."

Travis Baker fits the parameters given by the medical examiner for the human remains, likely a white male between the ages 18 to 30. The victim in this case was killed sometime between one and five years ago.

Police already ruled out the high profile disappearance of Kyle Fleishman.

The problem, however, is that about 30 missing person cases in the Charlotte area still fit the profile. "That's a lot. I know I'm not the only one going through it," said Dwayne Baker. "Everybody who has a missing loved one goes through the emotions I go through." For the Bakers, not knowing the truth seems as difficult as continuing to wait.

"That's the hope that you hold on to that he may be found alive," added the missing man’s father. "(Then) there's your closure but yet you don't want to know that your loved one could be gone."

Police have said they won’t contact any family until they make a positive ID of the remains.

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LIVE LINKS BELOW FOR THE NEWS STORIES.

http://www.wcnc.com/video/index.html?nvid=316431

http://www.wbtv.com/global/category...d=3291229&topVideoCatNo=128873&autoStart=true

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-123008-al-mains_found.1fefb691.html

http://www.wcnc.com/video/index.html?nvid=317956

Attachments

• Travis-Baker.jpg
    Travis-Baker.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 47
Bumping! for Travis

Prayers for this family are requested as they wait for any news of the remains found and a positive Identification.

Also, please keep the other families in prayer that have a missing loved one too, and are too waiting for answers as well.

God Bless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back