Photo of Duane and Age Progression:
fochtman_duane.jpg

fochtman_duane_ap.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: July 22, 1986 from Lincoln City, Oregon
Classification: Endangered Runaway
Date Of Birth: April 19, 1971
Height and Weight: 5'5, 130 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. One of Fochtman's right fingers is disabled.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black jacket and jeans.

Details of Disappearance
Fochtman was last seen in downtown Lincoln City, Oregon on July 22, 1986. He has never been heard from again. Authorities believe Fochtman left his family's residence of his own accord. His case is unsolved.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Lincoln City Police Department
503-994-3636

http://charleyproject.org/cases/f/fochtman_duane.html

Wow, 24 yrs is a long time. Do they still think he ran away? I'm just saying that a long time to be gone without talking to your family and friends.

If he did runaway he isn't and hasn't used his real name for any purchases, ever.

He doesn't show up on any databases that compile consumers. Not that I could find.

Sad to read this, but saw this post from someone who says they are his cousin on a Yahoo topic about Madeline McCann

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070831031544AA2aWBz

hundreds of children vanish every day. my cousin duane fochtman disappeared in 1986. have you ever heard of him? no, because our family is not influental. there has never been any information on his disappearance because no body in a place of authority has ever put in the effort to find him.

Such a shame...

Thank you Ctaylor! And welcome to Websleuths!

I was disheartened that I couldn't find one mention of him in any of the newspaper archives.

I searched for him on some of the databases compiled for consumers and couldn't find him there under his given name. Which isn't definative because those can contain errors.

I wish he did have some coverage. From your post I can see his family misses him greatly and still hopes to find him.

Again, welcome! :)

Duane was my husband's cousin.

There has been no contact, ever.

His dad is not in good health these days AT ALL and it is sad that they still have no answers.

(btw- I came here reading about the Kyron case and was surprised (gladly!) to see Duane on the list of still missing. We are no longer in Oregon but the Kyron case has totally sucked me in- so sad.)

Lincoln City is not a big area! There must have been some talk about him?

Does the family still believe he left of his own accord?

My hubby and I were just dating then so the details are sketchy.

He was seen (by who I do not know) crawling into a ?red corvette on Hwy101. That's why LE said he was a runaway. His dad was never convinced. But, he never picked up his last paycheck that day and he was a smoker and left his cigarettes as well as other money behind.

Did he like to go to the beach, I wonder? Maybe he went to a cove or somewhere like that and fell in the ocean? Like around Boiler Bay?

Kimster, maybe we can get some of our sleuths that specialize in UID work to see if they can find anything info?

Duane is in the NamUs database:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6072/0/

His DNA has been submitted and testing has been completed.

Duane was my husband's cousin.

There has been no contact, ever.

His dad is not in good health these days AT ALL and it is sad that they still have no answers.

(btw- I came here reading about the Kyron case and was surprised (gladly!) to see Duane on the list of still missing. We are no longer in Oregon but the Kyron case has totally sucked me in- so sad.)

Welcome to WS Mae87.

I'm sorry to hear about Duane's father. I will pray that Duane is found and brought home soon.

Im compiling information on the list of missing (boys) from Oregon, particulary the west side of it. Duane is one of them. I hope answers can be found soon.

Im compiling information on the list of missing (boys) from Oregon, particulary the west side of it. Duane is one of them. I hope answers can be found soon.

I have been looking through the list of missing kids in Oregon today on NCMEC and, after only looking at a few, have noticed 3 boys that went missing from the coast around the same time:

Duane Foctman, July 22nd, 1986
Jeremy Doland Bright, August 14th, 1986
Kerby Allen Bessey, August 28th, 1986

I am still looking to see if there are more but I would be interested to see your list and hear any theories you might have.

Does anyone know any other details about any of these missing teens?

I actually know someone who ran away from that town, around that time. The person does not go by any of those names. Does anyone know any other details about any of those teens. Family background, parents first names, where they were born. I know this person left on their own accord, and has not been in touch since. I have the information I was asking about, and wonder if any of those 3 names match it.

Does anyone know any other details about any of these missing teens?

I actually know someone who ran away from that town, around that time. The person does not go by any of those names. Does anyone know any other details about any of those teens. Family background, parents first names, where they were born. I know this person left on their own accord, and has not been in touch since. I have the information I was asking about, and wonder if any of those 3 names match it.

Hi Suzi203, I don't want to go to far off topic here, but Jeremy Bright disappeared from the Coos County Fair in Myrtle Point. Quite a distance from Lincoln City. I was at the fair that day. It was a HUGE deal for a long time. We all thought about it.

Here is his websleuths thread, his sister has posted. My guess is the person you met is probably not Jeremy, but it is worth a try.

OR OR - Jeremy Doland Bright, 14, Myrtle Point, 14 Aug 1986 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back