06-17-2007, 07:07 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
GA - Hall Co., Female, glass eye, found off I-985, May'80 - Juanita Adams
The Doe Network: Case File 576UFGA
- The victim was discovered on May 22, 1980 in Oakwood, Hall County, Georgia
- Estimated Date of Death: Anthropologists estimate February 1977 - March 1980
- Badly Decomposed/mostly skeletal
- Estimated age: 17-24 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2:-5'6".
- Distinguishing Characteristics: The victim was most likely a light-skinned African-American, or possibly Native American female. She had an artificial (glass) right eye - brown in color. She also had a depressed skull fracture 3-4 years before her death (1976-1977) that would have caused severe scarring on the right side of the face. The injury occurred before death because platinum surgical wire used to reconnect the bone was found. She may have suffered from chronic seizures because of this head injury, that may, or may not, have contributed to her death. But because the body was found in a wooded area about 75 to 100 feet from the interstate, foul play is possible.
- Clothing: Except for a patch of nylon that resembled panty hose and a size 8 silver ring with inlaid coral and turquoise-colored stones, her clothes had disintegrated.
The victim was located near a rest stop in a wooded area about 75 to 100 feet from I-985 in Oakwood, Georgia on May 22, 1980.
Last edited by Salem; 04-30-2011 at 11:10 PM.
12-06-2010, 12:36 AM #2
04-30-2011, 09:33 AM #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
Not sure if this has been posted before as it looks like she was indentiifed in March but this news article was from 28th April and it confirms that this girl has now been indentified as Juanita Adams
Her funeral is today. I'm glad that she will be given a proper burial, among her family.
04-30-2011, 11:11 AM #4Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Northeast USA
I am glad she has been identified.
I don't think she was ever in the missing persons databases online. there are but a handful of missing persons with glass eyes and she would have been matched right away had she been there.
04-30-2011, 02:15 PM #5
Here is the side-by-side to compare the facial reconstruction with a photo of Juanita Adams.
Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-13-2012 at 09:01 PM.
By Tessie in forum Recently Sentenced and BeyondReplies: 6Last Post: 12-09-2012, 03:44 PM
By raine1212 in forum Matches & ResolvedReplies: 2Last Post: 11-17-2012, 07:28 PM
By raine1212 in forum Matches & ResolvedReplies: 8Last Post: 07-30-2012, 05:51 PM
By raine1212 in forum Matches & ResolvedReplies: 1Last Post: 03-17-2012, 09:37 PM