NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine how it would feel to have a child missing this long.....
Pray's for this family and Jason.

xxxxxxxooo
mama

Thanks, Mama! Yes, the response from WS'ers has been phenominal. So many have contacted me for information about everything, and are now on my mailing list for updates, just like YOU!! Many have volunteered to help with mailings, Search and Rescue, and now posting flyers.

This is really a great place to post, as the people are like a family, here.

Love to you and yours, Mama. Thanks for caring for Jason and all the missing, and those left to search for them. You inspire me, hon'.
xoxoxox, Lanie

I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words & prayers for Jason & our family. I know this is part of what keeps us going coupled with the strength God gives us. We are very blessed.

This really comes to the forefront as I recently had some corresponsdence with the mother of a longer term missing person. She has swallowed the bitter pill of life and can no longer see her blessings.

I pray that no matter how long this is to go on for us that I always feel as strongly as I do now that God only gives us what we can handle. It's what we make of what we perceive to be the bad things in life that is what helps us to grow in the love of God.

I find a partial self-healing in reaching out to others. But hopefully, I always give more than I receive. That's the key...love others more than yourself.

Many blessings,
Kelly

Kelly, thanks for posting about 18 Wheel Angels on the information thread.

This really reminds me of the "driving for" programs done for individual missing persons, but on a much larger scale. Very impressive. I wish you much success, and of course that is measured in many ways. So many people do care, and download and print flyers all the time. This is really a neat idea, as everyone can participate, even those of us who are not truck drivers!! The truckers have been great though, and the truck stops, too!

Thanks, ahead of time, to everyone who does this. We really need your help in getting the word out. The flyer you place might bring someone home.

Praying for answers and soon, Lanie

Jason is from my town. My husband actually worked with him at a local radio station, and this story is heartbreaking.
I had posted his links a few months back, as he is always on my mind.
My husband also runs an independent record label, and they are having a benefit concert soon in Jason's honor.
Please keep praying for this amazing family, and Jason's safe return.

Sarahsue, can you e-mail me, please ma'am? My name is Lanie and I work with Kelly, Jason's mom, networking for the missing. I tried to private message you, and it would not go through :(

Love in Christ, Lanie
MissingProfiles@yahoo.com

Is it a small world or what?????? Sarah Sue, are you Mike P's wife? Feel free to email me.

Here's what I came to post:

Today we had an article in the newspaper about my efforts to pass a law to establish a missing persons clearinghouse In Nebraska. It is not going well because people just do not understand the scope & magnitude of it all. Here is the article:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg=1638&u_sid=994645

If you live in Nebraska, or know anyone who does, please contact me. You can help by emailing the senators to educate them about this very important issue.

Thank you.

Kelly
kelly.jolkowski@projectjason.org

Very small world indeed Kelly! I am Mike Perry's wife.
I emailed you today. I work overnights currently, and haven't been able to check this thing for a few days.
I also posted a link to the OWH story on Slam Omaha. (another website I freq b/c of music)
Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help.
SSP :D

Your son always waited at the curb instead of closer to the house, for his car pool? Would he have gotten into a car with people he didn't know? They may have seen him standing there on other days? He liked fishing, doing isolated things instead of with groups?

It was garbage day. When the car pool stopped for him, probably knocked on the door or rang the bell, and couldn't find him, your other son called you, probably? He hadn't left the house yet? I think you should go ahead and identify him on the home page of your site, and nobody will think you're too self-centered or anything. It took me a while to find him. Some people might not want to take that long.

You do have his info and picture registered with all the Nat'l Center for Missing and Exploited Children, with John Walsh's America's Most Wanted, etc., right? They'd all help you get the law passed, I would think. Unsolved Mysteries? The Amber Alert was started since Jason's disappearance. I obviously don't know anything about it, or if it might help. You polled the neighbors that day, I'm sure.

May I make a small suggestion? Could you poll those truck drivers and decide something Carly Brucia and other young girls could say and/or do when they are being ogled and don't feel safe? Carly's friend's mother's boyfriend had taken her and her little friend to a MacDonalds. I'm sure her killer must have been there.

In fact, her friend had probably told her own family about Carly's home problem with her stepfather, probably why she didn't want to ride with him and was walking home. What could these young girls say or do, preventively? She hadn't been warned about stalkers, evidently, must have forgotten all about the MacDonald's. "Ron" knew Smith, probably had talked about Carly's problem.

Greta Von Susterin asked Carley's mom WHY WAS SMITH IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD. We were all wondering. Carly was too beautiful for her own good. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,110544,00.htm Hope the link still works. Thanks and good luck.

Could you poll those truckdrivers to decide a best answer for young girls to give when they're being ogled or accosted like Carly Brucia? As you probably know, Carly didn't have a nearby father or big brother and said words to the effect that she frequently felt helpless about guys staring.

So sorry about your son.

Thank you for your concern about my son. Just to let you know:

Unsolved Mysteries, the TV show, has been cancelled for a long time now.
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children does not post information on 19 year olds.
Jason is already on the AMW website.

The truckers will be given information about safety and related items as our program grows. I do not have plans to poll truckers about Carlie's actions. Of course, you should feel free to pursue such a poll on your own.

Thank you.

Kelly

Kelly said:
Thank you for your concern about my son. Just to let you know:

Unsolved Mysteries, the TV show, has been cancelled for a long time now.
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children does not post information on 19 year olds.
Jason is already on the AMW website.

The truckers will be given information about safety and related items as our program grows. I do not have plans to poll truckers about Carlie's actions. Of course, you should feel free to pursue such a poll on your own.

Thank you.

Kelly

Kelly, Have you checked into getting your son's case information posted on http://www.nmco.org/ ? That is where the Center for Missing Adults is hosted. It is funded/sponsored by Kristen's Law in honor of Kristen Modaferri who went missing only a week after her 18th birthday and her family pushed this through because of the barriers they were facing with her just falling within that 'young adult' category, as you seem to be describing you've experienced in your son's case.

Hi Kelly. I am very sorry to hear your son has been missing for so long. As a mother, I can't even begin to understand the kind of pain you have been going through. My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope you find Jason.

I cannot believe that they classify anyone over the age of 10 as a runaway unless there is a witness to call it a kidnapping. Its hard to imagine that if god forbid, someone were to abduct me, because I am 21, I would be considered a runaway, and no one but my family would be looking for me. How horrible. :(

I likewise am sorry to hear that your child is missing. I would like to support the fact that too many times the police lots of the time consider children over the age 10 as runaways. I'am sure that more than 1/3 rd are runaways, and many times are located or decide to come home within 3 weeks to 2 months. what bothers me is that there are lots of children that turn up missing and are considered runaways, and not much is done by law enforcement early on, its those other 2/3rds of children that are still missing across this nation that bothers me, too think that so many familys are going thru agoney, not knowing if there child is alive or dead. I wish that law enforcement would look for a runaway just the same as one that is considered missing later on, after all, lots of these supposed runaways turn up missing in the first place. maybe one day the law will change?

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers. As noted on Jason's links page, he is listed on numerous sites including the Center for Missing Adults. We found as many as we could that help missing adults. It's too bad there are not more, but I think that people are more responsive than in previous years to this issue. We just need the government to be responsive.

The moderators may want to consider moving these posts to Jason's thread if that is possible, as this thread is for a different purpose. Thanks!

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member