Ex-Narcotics Cop Sells DVD's On How To Stash Pot & Beat Law

White Rain

Reaction score
BIG SANDY, Texas — Barry Cooper sells a DVD on how to stash pot in your car without getting caught. This fall he will release a second one on how to keep police from raiding your home for marijuana.
Now for the kicker: Cooper is a former narcotics officer once considered among the top cops in Texas, where more marijuana is seized each year than in any other state.
The formerly straight-laced lawman has become a shaggy-haired militant for the legalization of weed.
Six months ago he released "Never Get Busted Again," in which the former star of West Texas' Permian Basin Drug Task Force gives tips on hiding marijuana (dashboards are rife with nooks and crannies) and throwing off drug-sniffing dogs (coat your tires in fox urine).
"I'm not helping them to break the law. It's clear the law is already being broken," said Cooper, 38, who left law enforcement a decade ago. "I will do anything legal to frustrate law enforcement's efforts to place American citizens in jail for nonviolent drug offenses."
Law officers regard Cooper as a traitor. And some pro-pot activists say Cooper's antics actually undermine their cause. (more at link)
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,284515,00.html

BIG SANDY, Texas — Barry Cooper sells a DVD on how to stash pot in your car without getting caught. This fall he will release a second one on how to keep police from raiding your home for marijuana.
Now for the kicker: Cooper is a former narcotics officer once considered among the top cops in Texas, where more marijuana is seized each year than in any other state.
The formerly straight-laced lawman has become a shaggy-haired militant for the legalization of weed.
Six months ago he released "Never Get Busted Again," in which the former star of West Texas' Permian Basin Drug Task Force gives tips on hiding marijuana (dashboards are rife with nooks and crannies) and throwing off drug-sniffing dogs (coat your tires in fox urine).
"I'm not helping them to break the law. It's clear the law is already being broken," said Cooper, 38, who left law enforcement a decade ago. "I will do anything legal to frustrate law enforcement's efforts to place American citizens in jail for nonviolent drug offenses."
Law officers regard Cooper as a traitor. And some pro-pot activists say Cooper's antics actually undermine their cause. (more at link)
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,284515,00.html

Wow - that's a passionate reversal of one's life direction.

I agree with him that pot should be legalized, but this definitely doesn't seem to help the cause much.

I heard about him, obviously not in a good light.
I don't know what has gone on in his life to have him do such a 180 degree from everything he supposedly held sacred for so many years...or should have held sacred, IMO. :banghead:

FYI, I personally have never heard of drug dogs being utilized in a non-legal manner on purpose, as he's alluding to. K-9 officers strive for 100% accuracy - believe me, it's a pride thing. To be screwing up your training and having them alert inaccurately? That's sad.

Ughhhh.

I heard about him, obviously not in a good light.
I don't know what has gone on in his life to have him do such a 180 degree from everything he supposedly held sacred for so many years...or should have held sacred, IMO. :banghead:

FYI, I personally have never heard of drug dogs being utilized in a non-legal manner on purpose, as he's alluding to. K-9 officers strive for 100% accuracy - believe me, it's a pride thing. To be screwing up your training and having them alert inaccurately? That's sad.

Ughhhh.

Yes, what he's doing seems incredibly disrespectful and betraying to law enforcement. That was NORML's beef as well - you don't want LE hating your guts when you are trying to change laws!

Perhaps he got frustrated and burned out putting pot-smokers behind bars....perhaps he just wants to make money.....who knows.

Yes, what he's doing seems incredibly disrespectful and betraying to law enforcement. That was NORML's beef as well - you don't want LE hating your guts when you are trying to change laws!

Perhaps he got frustrated and burned out putting pot-smokers behind bars....perhaps he just wants to make money.....who knows.

Agree 100%! It doesn't seem like he's really helping either "side"...other than his wallet, maybe.

Originally Posted by White Rain
Law officers regard Cooper as a traitor. And some pro-pot activists say Cooper's antics actually undermine their cause.

:slap:
Where am I going to find a fox to urinate in this cup for me?

No kidding. I hate pot, but I guess some people really find this drug appealling. I just laughed when I saw the fox urine? How do they think of these things?:confused:

Agree 100%! It doesn't seem like he's really helping either "side"...other than his wallet, maybe.

I see it more like this is his way of showing what he learned and how it changed him, and the notoriety increases his public presence to get the message out. I agree, something like being an advocate for those arrested for dope offenses would sit better with people.

Crypto6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back