OH - Jeffrey Watson, 41, found dismembered, Hamilton, 16 Dec 2003

Ghostwheel

Pyrrhonist
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"Burkhardt said the victim was male, and was in his 30s or younger. His head, hands, and legs from the knee down were cut off using a sharp object, and have not been recovered, Burkhardt said. An accelerant was used to set the body on fire after death, he said. "

Dismemberment Case Ruled Homicide

Gee, what was their first clue it was a homicide? Most suicides don't cut off their own heads.... :rolleyes:

ROFL! I wonder if they realized how ignorant the story sounded ! LOL!
I don't think it would be possible physically to sever your own head..

Yeah, DUH hey? I was reading the transcripts from a murder trial in school. A pathologist was on the stand being cross-examined by the defense attorney. He actually asked this question:

So Doctor, are you telling us that Ms. Smith was dead at the time you conducted her autopsy?

:eek:

A few weeks ago a body was found in a suitcase here in Toronto, the Police said it was "supicious" :doh:

ROFL! hmmmm maybe they think the body put itself there.Seriously, it makes you wonder about some of the statements cops make. They aren't stupid, maybe just REAL REAL bad communicators! ( I hope, anyway) LOL!

To avoid the death penalty, a 37-year-old man pleaded guilty Friday to killing a friend and helping chop up the body and burn the remains in an attempt to hide the crime.

Cardale Anthony Goens of Hamilton pleaded guilty to charges of murder, gross abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence in the 2003 fatal shooting of Jeffrey Glenn Watson, 41.

In exchange for Goens' guilty plea, prosecutors dropped an aggravated murder charge, which could have carried the death penalty.

Last year, Goens' two accomplices - Anthony C. Ruffin, 45, of East Price Hill, and Gary Benson, 51, of Hamilton - were convicted of gross abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence in Watson's death. Ruffin is serving a four-year prison sentence, and Benson is serving six years.

The men were childhood friends who became involved in drugs, Watson's sister Cassandra Taylor said Friday.

Watson sold crack cocaine for Goens in exchange for money and a place to stay, Taylor said.

"Once they got hooked on the drugs, everything went wrong for all of them," said Taylor, 40, of Winton Place. "I wasn't looking forward to going to that trial and reliving all the things they did to my brother.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050409/NEWS01/504090354/1056/news01

You know it's cases like these that get on my nerves when a prosecutor feels the need to make a bargin with the perp when it's a slam dunk case. He killed someone & the gruesome way he went about it, I think the death penalty is needed, & I dont think a prosecutor needs to shy away.
mysteriew said:
To avoid the death penalty, a 37-year-old man pleaded guilty Friday to killing a friend and helping chop up the body and burn the remains in an attempt to hide the crime.

Cardale Anthony Goens of Hamilton pleaded guilty to charges of murder, gross abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence in the 2003 fatal shooting of Jeffrey Glenn Watson, 41.

In exchange for Goens' guilty plea, prosecutors dropped an aggravated murder charge, which could have carried the death penalty.

Last year, Goens' two accomplices - Anthony C. Ruffin, 45, of East Price Hill, and Gary Benson, 51, of Hamilton - were convicted of gross abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence in Watson's death. Ruffin is serving a four-year prison sentence, and Benson is serving six years.

The men were childhood friends who became involved in drugs, Watson's sister Cassandra Taylor said Friday.

Watson sold crack cocaine for Goens in exchange for money and a place to stay, Taylor said.

"Once they got hooked on the drugs, everything went wrong for all of them," said Taylor, 40, of Winton Place. "I wasn't looking forward to going to that trial and reliving all the things they did to my brother.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050409/NEWS01/504090354/1056/news01

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back