NC NC - Jenna Nielsen, 22, pregnant, Raleigh, 14 June 2007

wufdude

Reaction score
Maybe I've missed a thread elsewhere however I wanted to post this due to the proximity to the Michelle Young murder. This murder happened ~ 4 miles from the Young murder along Lake Wheeler Road. Appears to be random.

http://wral.com/news/local/story/1513009/

When I first read this, I thought of Janet Abaroa....but that was in Durham...iirc. They're probably not close....are they?

Has Raleigh been having lots of murdered pregnant women?

It reminds me of Janet Abaroa too. I noticed she too also has a son named Caiden and ties to Utah.

Actually, Durham is only about 25-30 minutes from Raleigh. With Abaroa, Young and now this one, that's three pregnant women murdered within about 2 years time and all are still unsolved.

I saw this case featured on one of the MSM programs last night. She was an adorable thing. Already a mother of two under 3 yo, she was eight months pregnant. She worked delivering papers early in the a.m., so that she could be home in time for her husband to go to work during the day.

During the Peterson investigation, we learned that murder is the #1 cause of death of a pregnant woman and that usually the SO was the perp. We also learned that the most dangerous time for the woman was during the first trimester and the third trimester.

The reasoning is that during the first trimester the SO may try to cause the baby to abort by beating the woman, or.............if by the hand of a stranger, he didn't know she was pregnant.

It's said that stranger perps usually do not target third trimester women as they're 'bigger' and not as easily taken over.

IMHO, in this case, it does seem as though this may have been an act of random violence,...........her being in the wrong place at the wrong time. From the sound of it, whoever the perp is probably was trying to rob her. At those hours of the morning, there are many people on meth, etc., out and about. They're often times looking for a way to get $$ for a 'hit.'

This is too, too, sad. Just a woman trying to help raise her family, doing her job, and a baby just a month away from taking his first breathe of air, gone in an instant. :(

JMHO
fran

PS....I hope that sketch helps them to catch the creep who did this. I also hope that state has a law whereby it'll be murder1 x's 2.........fran

OMG! I seriously don't know how someone could do something like this to a pregnant woman. Soooooooo sad. Prayers to her family and friends.

Did anyone read any of the comments on the WRAL link? Some of those posters think the sketch resembles more of a female than a male. I just cannot fathom how anyone can take the life of a pregnant woman..........:(

Since they won't release details of her "injuries" (and rightly so), I wonder if it was another attempt at stealing the baby?

The sketch really does look like a female. Maybe he or she was trying to disguise their gender so identification would be harder. Do to the height and weight of the suspect, it would have to be a short, slight male. 5'3 120lbs and in the early 20's.. something is odd here. If anyone got a look at the hands, it would be easier. Males have bigger hands. The suspect also looks Native American or Hispanic. I know the Cherokee tribe is big in NC. I am not being racist, i am of mixed descents myself; just stating what appears to be to me.
My prayers for the family.

With Abaroa, Young and now this one, that's three pregnant women murdered within about 2 years time and all are still unsolved.
Yet Michelle and Janet were both murdered in their homes when their husbands just happened to be away - very shortly after the husbands left actually. And neither of the children at the homes were hurt. And the husbands also just happened to be having affairs - Michelle Young's husbands indiscretions are documented, I believe, but Janet Abaroa's husbands are not as far as I know - just a lot of gossip.

The LE (or DA's office) there really needs to get their acts together. There are SIX people killed in these three instances and it's about time the people responsible are held accountable for their sickening actions.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286556,00.html

North Carolina Police Search for Killer of Pregnant Mom Who Died Delivering Newspapers

"She apparently was stabbed in the neck, according to a preliminary report from the state medical examiner's office. Police are asking for help in finding her killer."

I thought that when President Bush signed the "Laci and Conner Act" that it covered the whole United State????? They already had that law in California when Laci and Conner were murdered. I thought the purpose of Sharon pushing for that law was so it would be active in every single state. What was the purpose of President Bush signing it if it has only been voted in in 31 states so far?

I wonder why whoever it was that murdered this young mother did it? Did he think she had a lot of money with her? I just can't think of anyother reason unless he just felt like stabbing someone. It is just so horrible. She was only 22 yrs old. That is so early for a woman to be out and about by herself. I wish she had had someone with her and that wouldn't have happened. I also wonder what that person was doing out and about that early in the morning. Wonder if he was all jacked up on drugs. I hope he is caught and soon. I only wish he could be charged with two murders...that just isn't right.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/06/police-chase-do.html?csp=34

Police chase down leads in murder of pregnant woman who delivered USA TODAY

USA TODAY's Marisol Bello reports that local and national media coverage has generated dozens of leads for the detectives who are investigating the murder of Jennifer Nielsen, a pregnant newspaper carrier who was stabbed to death on June 14 in Raleigh, N.C.

"Raleigh police continue to investigate what they say appears to be a random killing but are saying little about their progress," Bello writes.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/06/police-chase-do.html?csp=34

Police chase down leads in murder of pregnant woman who delivered USA TODAY

USA TODAY's Marisol Bello reports that local and national media coverage has generated dozens of leads for the detectives who are investigating the murder of Jennifer Nielsen, a pregnant newspaper carrier who was stabbed to death on June 14 in Raleigh, N.C.

"Raleigh police continue to investigate what they say appears to be a random killing but are saying little about their progress," Bello writes.

Ok, I have not read much on this case so forgive me if I am bringing up something that has already been disproved.... Is it possible this was done by a hitman? I guess I'm pretty jaded. I just wonder if good ol hubby didn't want a 3rd child. Heck their youngest was just 11 months....

Ok, I have not read much on this case so forgive me if I am bringing up something that has already been disproved.... Is it possible this was done by a hitman? I guess I'm pretty jaded. I just wonder if good ol hubby didn't want a 3rd child. Heck their youngest was just 11 months....

I usually think it is the husband in cases like this. However, I saw Nancy Grace interview the husband, and I really do not believe that he was involved.

I usually think it is the husband in cases like this. However, I saw Nancy Grace interview the husband, and I really do not believe that he was involved.

I don't believe the husband had anything to do with it either but I think it will be very difficult to solve and might not be solved at all. I think the perp is long gone.

I saw that interview too, nan. I thought he was believable except for when NG asked him if she was afraid of that area (IIRC) and he said something to the effect that she really enjoyed her job, and that this was her time away from the family and she liked contributing to the finances this way. :confused:

OK, maybe she's different than I am.....but delivering newspapers at 5 a.m. is not my idea of "me-time".

(I just thought that was kind of strange. I'll try to find the transcript because my memory sucks.)

I'm not sure why it sounded so ominous to me that evening while I was watching it! :blushing: It doesn't sound so terrible now, but it did bother me at the time. I sure hope they find the creep that killed her.

GRACE: Now, you work a night shift at a local factory, and you and Jenna had it arranged so you could work and then she would do her paper route, so you could stay with the kids.

NIELSEN: That is correct.

GRACE: Was she ever afraid on her paper route at these early morning hours?

NIELSEN: No, she wasn`t. She didn`t say anything to us. In fact, she loved doing it. That was her way to get out and be on her own and help raise money, you know, a little bit of money to help with the kids, and that`s what she loved to do.

GRACE: In fact, her sister told us she loved driving the streets late at night, exploring.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0706/27/ng.01.html

I saw that interview too, nan. I thought he was believable except for when NG asked him if she was afraid of that area (IIRC) and he said something to the effect that she really enjoyed her job, and that this was her time away from the family and she liked contributing to the finances this way. :confused:

OK, maybe she's different than I am.....but delivering newspapers at 5 a.m. is not my idea of "me-time".

(I just thought that was kind of strange. I'll try to find the transcript because my memory sucks.)
I remember him saying this. I just thought that it could be true. It is so peaceful in the morning before most people arise. I can see her enjoying her time away. Plus, she was bringing in some money to contribute; and that probably made her feel good.

What I don't understand is why a 22-year-old was having three children. Why not space them out farther? It's not like you have a family with resources here. :confused:

I don't believe the husband had anything to do with it either but I think it will be very difficult to solve and might not be solved at all. I think the perp is long gone.
I am hoping that there will be some video of the perp. I wonder if this young woman was watched for a while before the perp made his attack on her. Why murder her? Did he rob her? It really makes no sense. Does anyone know the weapon that was used?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back