1084 users online (186 members and 898 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WA - Relentless Stalker?

www.thenewstribune.com/news/crime/story/91460.html

"For four months, the Kuykendalls, the Prices and the McKays say, they’ve been harassed and threatened by mysterious cell phone stalkers who track their every move and occasionally lurk by their homes late at night, screaming and banging on walls.
    Police can’t seem to stop them. The late-night visitors vanish before officers arrive. The families say investigators have a hard time believing the stalkers can control cell phones without touching them and suspect an elaborate hoax. Complaints to their phone companies do no good – the families say they’ve been told what the stalkers are doing is impossible."

If this really is the work of some stalker, he or she sounds crazed and dangerous. I tend to think it is Courtney acting out, but then I think how horrible it would be to not be believed in this situation. Many people have been murdered because no one took their situation seriously.

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    The link doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2luvmy View Post
    The link doesn't work for me.
    I THINK I fixed it. At least it works for me now.

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    That's a tad bit scary! I don't think they are doing this to themselves. Where they were being interviewed, the phones went off and sent messages.

I would be wreck!

I think this is some neighborhood kid who is computer/ electronic savvy.
    I don't think its the girl.

Why not change all the cell phone #'s?

I think the article said they did change the cell #'s, and even got new phones. But the harassment still continued.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    I think this is some neighborhood kid who is computer/ electronic savvy.
    I don't think its the girl.

Why not change all the cell phone #'s?

They have gotten new phones, changed numbers, got new SIM cards, taped the cameras, turned the phones off and the perps are still somehow able to leave messages.

In would get rid of all cell phones for good and have the house professionally checked for bugs.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I am 95% sure that this is a teenage techie - possibly even someone the younger ladies know doing this for kicks. I think it is someone they know, because this person seems to know when they are home, when they have changed phones, where they work and attend school, etc.

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    Wow. It sounds like it is time to call in an expert to check their home for bugs and cameras. I would absolutely be freaking out if something like this happened to me. How horrible for this family!
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone's got one. This one is mine.

I think it is either a tech-savvy friend/classmate/aquaintance. Someone who knows the family personally.

I wonder if the family has cameras and stuff planted in the house somewhere.

I would also change cell phone carriers/service.

Quote Originally Posted by real eyes View Post
    I think it is either a tech-savvy friend/classmate/aquaintance. Someone who knows the family personally.

I wonder if the family has cameras and stuff planted in the house somewhere.

I would also change cell phone carriers/service.
    I wonder if they have an unsecured wireless network in their house? If they do all an attacker has to do to get on their network is to use something like netstumbler to gain access to the network and then the individual computers. If they have cell phones they probably use the web to pay their cell phone bills so more than likely have saved user names and passwords to access their accounts in their browsers.

The family should get a home security monitor that can be hooked up to a vcr to record who comes up to the home at night. If they change the landline phone, they shouldn't give the number to the kids for awhile either.

I would agree that this is someone who knows the family..its not a randon act. Especially in light of the fact that the stalker is so persistent.

The reason I beleive this is that a few years ago a friend of my sister has a stalker who would call her line even after she changed it numerous times at all hours of the day and night. would leave notes for her at her home etc.. it was really frightening the stalker had been following her, knew her schedule, places she had been people she had seen etc and tolde her so. After a lot of investigation they found him.. it was her twin sisters husband! The scary part is n ow after being separated for a while the wife is back together with him...thankfully my sisters friend has moved on with her life and is now married with children. Makes the family gatherings pretty awkward though...

This is to freaky, my 16dd is being called 10-15x a night by another 16 yr old girl. annoying but this is downright scary the perp imo could escalate if they are this persistent, and involving so many people sicko that "knows" he/she is smarter than the rest of the world. Then Websleuthers saying possible cameras bugs in house yikes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast