FL - Shakir Muhammad & Wynette Smith for child endangerment, Jacksonville, 2007

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.news4jax.com/news/13549390/detail.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Four young children were taken into protective custody on Thursday afternoon after their parents were arrested, accused of leaving the kids home alone for hours.

The children, ages 5, 3 and twin 8-month-olds, were taken out of the home after police said they received a tip from management at the Westside apartment complex that the parents had left the kids alone.

When the children's mother, Wyntte Smith, and her boyfriend, Shakir Muhammad, returned to the apartment, police were waiting and took them into custody.
============
more @ link.

Hopefully the ignorant parents won't get the children back.
What a couple of idiots. :mad:

I wonder if they are related to the Mcanns:( ...at least these children were all accounted for.

Oh man what are people thinking when they have 4 kids? The minute you give birth to even one child your life as you know it isnt ''yours'' anymore if you know what I mean..the conditions of this house was disgusting and the man of the house had cocaine and marijuana on him or something the article said?...nice! This lady deserves mom of the year award. :clap:

Low blow with regards to the reference to the McCains, but that of course is only my opinion. The parents have a missing daughter, I have sympathy for them.

Low blow with regards to the reference to the McCains, but that of course is only my opinion. The parents have a missing daughter, I have sympathy for them.

I disagree. I have sympathy for them that their daughter is missing, yes, but what about the insults to this family? They have done the same thing, but their kid wasn't snatched away. The McCanns still have their other children, they weren't taken away from them. I'd like to know the difference.

I disagree. I have sympathy for them that their daughter is missing, yes, but what about the insults to this family? They have done the same thing, but their kid wasn't snatched away. The McCanns still have their other children, they weren't taken away from them. I'd like to know the difference.
these kids got lucky. thats the difference. a neighbor saw the parents leave the kids. had that neighbor been a sicko we would be talking about this in the missing forum.

these kids got lucky. thats the difference. a neighbor saw the parents leave the kids. had that neighbor been a sicko we would be talking about this in the missing forum.

Exactly!

I wonder if any of these kids were fathered by the boyfriend?

Mom is a loser. Sounds like she has so many kids she cannot take care of them.

I'm referring to the anger at these parents and saying they shouldn't keep their children, when the McCanns still have their children... not the forum we're discussing it in.

And by the grace of God, none of these children in this case ended up missing... These parents SHOULD be compared to the McCain's because they did the EXACT same thing, even after all the publicity surrounding the disappearance of that beautiful little girl. Just because the McCain's stupidity accumulated in the loss of their daughter in no way, shape or form excuses them from their cupability in this horrendous crime. If comparing this latest case to the McCain's opens some eyes then more power to the people and the press stressing this comparision.

I'm referring to the anger at these parents and saying they shouldn't keep their children, when the McCanns still have their children... not the forum we're discussing it in.
i know i was just using sarcasm to agree with your point. no difference in what the parents did. only difference was these kids got lucky.

What about the parent who allows their 5 year old daughter to walk down the street to a friends house, then she disappears. Who in their right mind would allow this. Or the women who leaves her child in a car to "run into the store" for a minute and the car is stolen.

Again the McCains may not have made "wise decision", but never does anyone "intend" for their child to be harmed.

The house of these "parents" was disgusting, there were drugs involved. There is a huge difference and obviously management "was looking out for the kids" because I very much doubt that this was the first time this has happened.

There is a difference between being negligent, irresponsible and simply making one bad decision.

What about the parent who allows their 5 year old daughter to walk down the street to a friends house, then she disappears. Who in their right mind would allow this. Or the women who leaves her child in a car to "run into the store" for a minute and the car is stolen.

Again the McCains may not have made "wise decision", but never does anyone "intend" for their child to be harmed.

The house of these "parents" was disgusting, there were drugs involved. There is a huge difference and obviously management "was looking out for the kids" because I very much doubt that this was the first time this has happened.

There is a difference between being negligent, irresponsible and simply making one bad decision.
and if the parents had left the kids night after night to go out and have a meal and a few drinks with friends would it still be 1 mistake?

I was thinking the same thing.

It's so sad that Maddie is missing, but the parents are totally responsible. They should be facing charges of child neglect. What if the building had caught fire and all three of their children perished? I wonder if people would feel any sypmathy for them (the parents)?

For educated people, they sure made a stupid decision. And it cost them their precious daughter. :(

I really feel sorry poor little Maddie because her parents are idiots for ever putting those little babies in the situation they did.

Sorry I dont see it as a low blow.....its the same senerio.....the MCcannes are no better than this couple and deserve the same reaction.
Wrong forum I know.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/13551670/detail.html

According to police, the condition of the inside of the apartment was so bad that even if the children hadn't been left home alone, they said both parents could be charged with child neglect.

According to the police report, there were dirty diapers and dirty feminine hygiene products on the master bedroom floor. Officers also noted that there was rotting food on the floor of the apartment.

Investigators also told Channel 4's Adam Landau that this might not be the first time the couple left their four children home alone. The 5-year-old told detectives that her mother sometimes leaves them alone, including at night.
============
more info @ link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46