AZ - Jackie Getz & 3 others for branding woman who called CPS, Mesa, 2007

White Rain

Reaction score
PHOENIX -- Four people have been arrested in connection with kidnapping, assaulting and using a branding iron to burn the word "snitch" on a Mesa woman's face, police said.

Investigators said they believe the crime was done in retaliation for reporting one of the men and woman to Child Protective Services in February 2006, which ultimately led to CPS taking away their children.

"If CPS removes a child from the house, there must be some very serious allegations," said Sgt. Chuck Trapani of the Mesa Police Department. "So the children removed, they're in CPS custody, and now they're blaming this person for what they did wrong. "

Police said they arrested James H. Standridge, 34, Jackie L. Getz, 26, and Kibbol A. Avila, 33, on suspicion of kidnapping, aggravated assault and unlawful imprisonment.

Preston L. Valdez, 21, was charged with one count each of aggravated assault and unlawful imprisonment with a no-bond status.

All of the suspects live in the Mesa area.

Police said the victim, a 38-year-old woman, called the Mesa Police Department on June 13 to report the crime.

Officers said an intensive five-day investigation determined that the group worked together to ensure that the woman would be at a certain apartment in Mesa. more at link http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13552865/detail.html

I saw the headline for the video on CNN but could not get on to watch it, so thank you for posting the story.

This is sad for many reasons. All this is going to do is discourage people from reporting crimes. :(

OMG. I am sure CPS will give the kids back now. Genius.

What a nightmare for this lady.

"Snitches Get Stitches". That's a mindset and street creed where I come from. I'd actually just posted about that in another thread. Man, that poor woman. Branded? People's are out there for sure. Nice role models for the kids.

What a terrible story.

I hope this doesn't discourage other people from trying to help children being abused, but how can it not?

This made me want to gather as many people as possible, and picket the jail with signs and a branding iron for everyone asking these people be released. They need to charge these SOBs with witness interference, etc., and then brand CHILD ABUSER on every single one of them. This is outrageous!

This made me want to gather as many people as possible, and picket the jail with signs and a branding iron for everyone asking these people be released. They need to charge these SOBs with witness interference, etc., and then brand CHILD ABUSER on every single one of them. This is outrageous!

I didn't see that in the story. I'd better re-check. People are asking for them to be released????!!! That's nuts!

February 2008:

Whether Kibbol Avila, 34, goes to prison will be up to Judge David Udall under a plea agreement that Avila signed in December.

James Standridge, 35, the man who branded the woman in the Mesa incident, will go to prison for five years under his plea deal. He's set to be sentenced Feb. 27.

Court records show Avila agreed to testify against three others, including Standridge

Bbm - so she's a snitch!

http://m.eastvalleytribune.com/news/article_322c235a-3cda-5aa8-8daa-a30a6c1e0edb.html?mode=jqm

February 2008:

Sentencing for a Mesa couple accused of branding a woman’s face with the word “snitch” was canceled Tuesday after the judge declared the plea agreement too lenient...

Police said the act was in retaliation for a February 2006 domestic violence call reported by the victim. Upon entering the house, police found drug paraphernalia such as methamphetamine pipes which resulted in Child Protective Services taking custody of Getz’s son, who was 5 years old at the time.

http://m.eastvalleytribune.com/news/article_75bece74-154d-590c-8cae-5b2f4a4493dd.html?mode=jqm

IMG_20160124_213100.jpg

October 2008:

Getz recently pleaded guilty to kidnapping charges in relation to the June 13, 2007, attack on a 38-year-old Mesa woman.

Co-defendant James Standridge, 35, was sentenced to 7 1/2 years in prison last August after pleading guilty to kidnapping and aggravated assault.

Deputy county attorney Bill Montgomery said Friday that Getz wants a mitigation hearing to defend herself against possible additional jail time. She could receive up to a year in jail...

Valdez pleaded no contest to kidnapping in December. He is serving five years probation.

Avila pleaded guilty to kidnapping in December. That sentencing has been set for Oct. 24.

http://m.eastvalleytribune.com/news/article_9bedf8ac-10da-5b94-bc90-7b4ce6f3d220.html?mode=jqm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back