Identified! OK - OSBI Needs Help to ID Woman In Photo *Resolved*

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Do you know who this woman is? Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation needs help to identify her. (Warning-she doesn't appear 'gravely injured' to me. She appears dead.)

Purcell - A photo found near the gas pump of a service station in McClain County has investigators worried the woman pictured may be gravely injured.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0607/433606.html

I wonder if they can tell how old this picture is??? The first thing I thought of were the photos thought to be of Tara Calico that surfaced at convenience stores or gas stations years ago.

Here are the pics of Tara Calico. Hmmm...does resemble her..doesn't it?! Ah, you could very well be onto something. It does look like possibly the artist redid her mouth area which would fit the other pics of her having duct tape over her mouth. Surely, the OSBI is well aware of Tara's case. Strange. The photo in my opinion does look aged. There also appears to be a plastic tie perhaps around her head. See the white thing? Doesn't look like any kind of a hairtie to me...but more like a plastic cord or line. Her clothes look like 70s style, too.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/calico_tara.html

unidentifiedwoman_0607.jpg
calico_tara3.jpg
calico_tara.jpg

Is there any way that you can put the picture of this woman and the picture of the other woman...the pic where she is also wearing a blue top of the same color...on the same page side by side? They really do look alike.

I wonder if someone is still dropping pictures of Tara around every few years or so. The girl in the lone pic looks dead to me. The white thing that looks like a tie that is around her neck looks like it was a long tie and the long end is sticking up on the left side of the top of her hair. I wonder if she was strangled with that? I can't see it in front of her neck and that might be because it has dug so far into her neck. I hope LE can have this picture analysed to see when the paper was made and when they stopped making it like they did the pic's of Tara. I wonder if someone is trying to let Tara's parents know that she is no longer alive.

If it is her, then this would be a new lead in her investigation. How would OSBI NOT know this?! I find it very odd they haven't checked this out already. Is our State Bureau THAT backwards?! Doesn't make me feel very secure living here!

Is there any way that you can put the picture of this woman and the picture of the other woman...the pic where she is also wearing a blue top of the same color...on the same page side by side? They really do look alike.

I wonder if someone is still dropping pictures of Tara around every few years or so. The girl in the lone pic looks dead to me. The white thing that looks like a tie that is around her neck looks like it was a long tie and the long end is sticking up on the left side of the top of her hair. I wonder if she was strangled with that? I can't see it in front of her neck and that might be because it has dug so far into her neck. I hope LE can have this picture analysed to see when the paper was made and when they stopped making it like they did the pic's of Tara. I wonder if someone is trying to let Tara's parents know that she is no longer alive.

Those are really the only pics I have found of Tara so far besides one beside the boy they thought was her. A forensic artist would have been able to "remove" the tie around her neck for the purpose of showing this picture to the public by using photoshop. (I bet that is what they did for the mouth area, too.)

I would assume whoever left this at the gas station was trying to make a statement to someone. It gives me chills. I read Tara's father passed away years ago and her mother moved away to Florida...I think. In a NM paper, it said that LE had shown her gruesome pics over the years thinking they were Tara. Bless her heart. This will just open those old wounds for her, but she needs to know.

The more I read that story OSBI put out...the more I believe they know it is her and are just fishing. Makes me angry they would risk her family seeing it tho. The sick perp tortures the family in this way and it isn't right for the them to put that pic out to the public. Why would they do that?! It makes no sense. It isn't going to help to find the perp! They need to quit playing around and go after who was around that station before they found the pic.

Has anyone submitted her name to them-just to be on the safe side? These cases get passed around so much, perhaps they are that uninformed.

I will call my friend at the station later today and tell him. He can call them.

I think we need to slow down a bit here. I have been following the Tara Calico situation since the early 90's and I do not see a conection to this photo. However, authorites deffinitly should be made aware of the possibility. Sadly, I believe I just read and am not certain that Tara Calico's mother recently passed away. I do not see anything in this picture that looks like a tie. I do see an ear that looks unusally in that it appears to be very attached lobe and somewhat flush with the head. Prehaps this could be used as an identifing characteristic.

mjak

couldnt this woman be a head injury case, and this is a picture the family took? or perhaps she has some disease that has effected her movements?
she doesnt look injured or dead to me just unable to move possibly

She may just have had her pic taken as she was drifting off to sleep. IMO there is nothing to suggest she is dead or dying! But of course none of us know how much 'photoshopping' has been carried out on the pic.

Let me state that I do not think that the latest picture is of Tara Calico. I only brought up Tara's case/pics because someone randomly finding an odd picture like this at a gas station doesn't happen all too often; that's where the similarities end for me as the woman in this latest pic does not resemble the woman in the other pics IMHO. I tend to agree with a previous poster, LE probbaly knows who this is. I somehow see this as a plant in the media to get someone to come forward or return to the scene of the crime.

She may just have had her pic taken as she was drifting off to sleep. IMO there is nothing to suggest she is dead or dying! But of course none of us know how much 'photoshopping' has been carried out on the pic.

This appears to be a cropped photo to me. I think if we saw the rest of the photo there would be no doubt as to whether she is gravely injured.

Since the picture was found at a local service station and the local media is showing the picture, hopefully she'll be identified quickly. The scary thing about this is that she may not be a missing person per se. She could be a woman abused by her spouse who hurt her and made an alibi for her for a few days.
Prayers of protection to this young woman.

I don't know because I looked very closely to compare Tara's photos to this one. The bangs look right (they are shorter than the rest of her hair, laying up, and sort of onto the wood piece), the hair (auburn & curly), the dark lines under her eyes (you can see this in all of her pics), and especially her nose matches quite well. The way her hair comes in on the sides around her temples and her ears could match, too. The ONLY huge difference I can see...is she has her eyebrows plucked in the OSBI photo.

The photo OSBI has looks to be older, IMO. Her clothes are like what was worn back in the late 70's or early 80's with the embroidery on the front and that particular type of collar.

Another thing I noticed is the blanket she is laying on. She was abducted out of NM and I have seen tons of Native American blankets from NM with those exact colors.

I believe there is a good chance it is Tara. (And I don't see any "life" in that photo, sorry.)

SS,
I can't remember, did Tara's hair have a reddish tint to it?
Eerily that does look like Tara doesn't it?
This is from the article,
The photo has been touched up by an OSBI forensic artist for public release.
The forensic artist was called in most likely to fill in certain areas of the picture.
If the service station where the picture was found had cameras, they could possibly give LE the tapes. There may be more clues. People don't usually carry that type of photo around.

I found this,which explains imo that the woman in the picture was disfigured and certain elements of her face had to be painted in. http://www.forensicartist.com/

[FONT=MS Sans Serif,sans-serif]Welcome to the world of Forensic Art. This site was developed out of the love of forensic art. The website touches on the various facets of forensic art, giving a brief description of each. Take time to view the various pages and contact me if you have any questions regarding a specific issue or on forensic art in general. Forensic Artists provide many services including composite drawing , three dimensional facial reconstruction , two-dimensional facial reconstruction, decomposition/post-mortem sketches and computer enhanced reconstructions, computer and hand-drawn image-enhancement and age progression. Other tasks include hand drawn and computer generated crime scenes, charts and graphs, assemblage of photo lineups, etc.[/FONT]

I keep going back to the picture. I think it also looks like Jennifer Keese with dark hair.

I think we need to slow down a bit here. I have been following the Tara Calico situation since the early 90's and I do not see a conection to this photo. However, authorites deffinitly should be made aware of the possibility. Sadly, I believe I just read and am not certain that Tara Calico's mother recently passed away. I do not see anything in this picture that looks like a tie. I do see an ear that looks unusally in that it appears to be very attached lobe and somewhat flush with the head. Prehaps this could be used as an identifing characteristic.

mjak

I don't think it looks that much like Tara either and I also am pretty sure that I read that her mom has passed away. The woman in the pic looks to me like she is asleep and has a robe or is wearing a night gown. I suppose the authorities believe there is something wrong or they wouldn't be asking for help from the public though.

I don't think it looks that much like Tara either and I also am pretty sure that I read that her mom has passed away. The woman in the pic looks to me like she is asleep and has a robe or is wearing a night gown. I suppose the authorities believe there is something wrong or they wouldn't be asking for help from the public though.

If I remember correctly, the article states that they touched up the photo for "public viewing". I took that to mean that she didn't look so great in the original pic...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back