OK - Brooke, 24, & Kya Whitaker, 7 mos, murdered, Tulsa, 23 June 2007

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Warning-This is a truly disturbing article because it includes parts of his confession.

Tulsa Police say the man they arrested for Saturday’s double homicide has confessed. What the News On 6 about the confession may disturb you. It started out as a routine house fire call. News On 6 anchor Latoya Silmon reports firefighters rushed to a Tulsa home Saturday and walked right into a crime scene.
“When they arrived they saw smoke coming from the house,” said Tulsa Police Captain Steve Odom. “There was a large amount of blood in various places. At that point, they believed this was not just a simple fire fatality.
Inside the home were 24-year-old Brooke Whitaker and her baby. The 7-month-old was dead. Her mother later died at the hospital.

Here is the rest of the story:

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=130155

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=130155

Oh dear lord.. this is one of the worst god awful things I have ever heard.. what the He!! is going on lately? How could this man set a sleeping infant on fire?? or for that matter hit his girl friend in the head with a hammer hard enough to cause pools of blood then set her on fire knowing she was concious.. the extreme pain and sheer torture/terror that she must have felt at that moment.. I suspect that not only was she trying to escape the flames but save her child .. I am thankfully she has not survived.. to endure the pain of such burns and know her child perished at the hands of this demon.. I pray there souls find peace and happiness..and I hope he spends eternity experiencing justice for these crimes..

This is seriously one of the sickest things I have ever read. Death by injection is way too good for this man!!!!

A slow and very painful torture is even too good for this moron. It sickens me to the core to hear how people can be so evil against their own mankind.

Murder Suspect Did Time For Manslaughter

KOTV - 6/25/2007 5:00 PM - Updated 6/25/2007 6:12 PM
We're learning more about the man police say beat his ex-girlfriend with a hammer, then set her house on fire killing her and her infant daughter over the weekend. Thirty-three year old Raymond Johnson is in the Tulsa County Jail after police say he confessed to the crime. The News On 6’s Heather Lewin reports this isn't the first time the ex-convict has been called a murderer.
He calls himself "hitman.” Police say despite a detailed confession Raymond Johnson couldn't give detectives a reason why he would burn a young mother and her baby alive.
The bodies of 24-year old Brooke Whitaker and her 7-month old daughter were found inside their burned home Saturday morning. Police say Johnson and the single, working mother of four had a history of domestic violence, and that she had tried to end the relationship. Investigators say Johnson, arrested shortly after the fire thanks to an anonymous caller, offered chilling details of the crime saying he bashed Whitaker in the head with a hammer, then got a can of gasoline. Court records say he quote, "Doused the living room and the victim’s room, where the victim's child was sleeping in her crib, lit a towel on fire and placed it on the victim who got up and started screaming and running."
"It was particularly disturbing, especially knowing that the child died as a result of the fire. I can't think of another painful way to die," said Tulsa Police Detective Victor Regalado.
Although later evidence proved he was not the father, police say at the time of the murders Johnson believed the baby was his.
"That makes it a little more, you know, disturbing, for the simple fact that an individual could leave a child, especially a child that he believed to be his, in a house that was going to be burned," Regalado said.
Johnson was released from prison just two years ago after serving half of a 20 year sentence for first degree manslaughter in Cleveland County. Police say he and the victim spent the night drinking and gambling in Oklahoma City, then got into a fight. The man was found in his still running car, dead, shot multiple times with his own gun. Put on trial for murder in that Cleveland County case, Johnson entered a guilty plea to the lesser charge of manslaughter. He now faces two counts of murder in the first degree.

more: http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=130194

He has the same don't give a chit look on his face that Bobby Cutts Jr has! jmo
I agree. That "defiant" look some body language expert commented about Bobby C. There is no remorse and no sign of a soul. Just pure evil which is void of feeling anything, IMO.

He is currently in jail, arrested for two counts of first-degree murder.
The only thing in the article that was normal.
What kind of sick freak beats a woman with a hammer and lights her on fire?
May God bless the souls of momma and her baby.

May the ^^^^^^ who did this, burn in-------.

What is going on with these MEN???? :mad:

This creep, Scott Peterson, Bobby Cutts, Mark Hacking, Vaughn.
Every one of these creeps killed a woman in their life and their unborn or born children. I'm not getting this.

Maybe it's time to practice an eye for an eye. I know what part of Johnson I'd use for a wick.

Didn't an article say that this female is the mother of 3 or 4? I wonder where the other kids were? What a horrible way to die. That guy does remind me of Bobby Cutts. Same empty eyes. No conscience.

Police say Johnson and the single, working mother of four had a history of domestic violence, and that she had tried to end the relationship.

KOTV - 6/25/2007 5:00 PM - Updated 6/25/2007 6:12 PM
We're learning more about the man police say beat his ex-girlfriend with a hammer, then set her house on fire killing her and her infant daughter over the weekend. Thirty-three year old Raymond Johnson is in the Tulsa County Jail after police say he confessed to the crime. The News On 6’s Heather Lewin reports this isn't the first time the ex-convict has been called a murderer.
He calls himself "hitman.” Police say despite a detailed confession Raymond Johnson couldn't give detectives a reason why he would burn a young mother and her baby alive.
The bodies of 24-year old Brooke Whitaker and her 7-month old daughter were found inside their burned home Saturday morning. Police say Johnson and the single, working mother of four had a history of domestic violence, and that she had tried to end the relationship. Investigators say Johnson, arrested shortly after the fire thanks to an anonymous caller, offered chilling details of the crime saying he bashed Whitaker in the head with a hammer, then got a can of gasoline. Court records say he quote, "Doused the living room and the victim’s room, where the victim's child was sleeping in her crib, lit a towel on fire and placed it on the victim who got up and started screaming and running."
"It was particularly disturbing, especially knowing that the child died as a result of the fire. I can't think of another painful way to die," said Tulsa Police Detective Victor Regalado.
Although later evidence proved he was not the father, police say at the time of the murders Johnson believed the baby was his.
"That makes it a little more, you know, disturbing, for the simple fact that an individual could leave a child, especially a child that he believed to be his, in a house that was going to be burned," Regalado said.
Johnson was released from prison just two years ago after serving half of a 20 year sentence for first degree manslaughter in Cleveland County. Police say he and the victim spent the night drinking and gambling in Oklahoma City, then got into a fight. The man was found in his still running car, dead, shot multiple times with his own gun. Put on trial for murder in that Cleveland County case, Johnson entered a guilty plea to the lesser charge of manslaughter. He now faces two counts of murder in the first degree.

more: http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=130194

:furious: Why did he serve only half his sentence? If they had kept his sorry @ss in prison that young ladt and her baby would be alive and her other kids would not be motherless.

Didn't an article say that this female is the mother of 3 or 4? I wonder where the other kids were?
I wondered the same thing and read this...
Police say Johnson and the single, working mother of four had a history of domestic violence, and that she had tried to end the relationship.

The bodies of 24-year old Brooke Whitaker and her 7-month old daughter were found inside their burned home Saturday morning. Police say Johnson and the single, working mother of four had a history of domestic violence, and that she had tried to end the relationship.

Source: KOTV.com
Wow, she was young, only 24 years old - I wonder how old the remaining 3 children are and who will raise them.

So sad, my prayers to her family & friends and to those innocent children left without a mother.

Another souless Ba@#@rd who deserves as good as he gave out.. I seriously think we should start having a death penatly for more than just murder.. and for those locked up for anytime they have to pay their own way.. not for cigarettes and such but for their basic care and the cost of their incarceration. If there are murders in jail over who has more money then frankly it will be one less murder on the street.. god that sounds heatless but frankly after this week of reading the crimes that have been in the headlines I have no more tolerance for any crime. Either we go to a society of sending folks of to prisions like the old prisions is siberia or have punishments more like the mideast ..

snip

After the trial in June 2009, Raymond Johnson received death sentences for murdering his ex-girlfriend, Brooke Whitaker, and her 7-month-old daughter, Kya Whitaker, in June 2007.

Short, an aunt of Brooke Whitaker's and a great-aunt of Kya's, said being in the courtroom with Johnson "was hell."

More about Tulsa prosecutions in general at link.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/arti...ticleid=20100408_14_A1_Inmate928317&rss_lnk=1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back