MI - Marilou Johnson, 50, found murdered in Cass Lake, 14 June 2007

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286659,00.html

BRUCE TOWNSHIP, Mich. — A plumber accused of slitting a woman's throat outside her secluded home and dumping her body in a lake was arraigned on murder, kidnapping and larceny charges Monday afternoon as authorities continued the search for the mother of three.
A Macomb County judge entered a not guilty plea on behalf of David J. Wright, assigned him a lawyer and ordered a preliminary examination to be held July 3. Wright was being held without bond in the Macomb County Jail.
"These are two of the most serious and egregious crimes in the book," Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith said in asking that no bond be set.
Meanwhile, divers on Monday searched for the body of Marilou Johnson in Cass Lake in neighboring Oakland County.

Another senseless tragedy! She had no way of knowing the person she had called for a plumbing estimate was a greedy, nogood SOB! It didn't say how she found his number, but my guess is the yellow pages of her local phone book. Another reminder for women...check out companies with the BBB and other customers before you have them come to your house!

How awful for her family, boyfriend, and friends to know it was such a vicious and coldblooded attack for a few diamonds. It is also shocking he then went into her home with people there to rob her and no one heard or saw him. He didn't care obviously so makes me wonder if he would have just killed them, too...if they did discover him. They were extremely lucky not to have become targets of his.

What is it the 'regulars' on the board say? That their 'hinky' meter goes off? My Karma Bell is ringing -- why did the family not report her missing earlier? I may be off-base but I feel something is strange here...very strange...how would the plumber even KNOW about the diamond necklace -- I doubt she was wearing it around the house that day...something very fishy here...

What is it the 'regulars' on the board say? That their 'hinky' meter goes off? My Karma Bell is ringing -- why did the family not report her missing earlier? I may be off-base but I feel something is strange here...very strange...how would the plumber even KNOW about the diamond necklace -- I doubt she was wearing it around the house that day...something very fishy here...

The home she lived in sounds like it is very affluent. She also had a live-in maid it said in the last report above. I am sure she wore her jewelry proudly and was seen in it most of the time. Another report stated her family's financial status was well known or something to that effect.

I did think it was odd the bf didn't report her missing sooner tho...but who knows about her habits. Perhaps she was one to take off a day or so now and then for whatever reason. Obviously, LE checked the BF and family out and are satisfied they had nothing to do with her disappearance.

"We know he knew the family and probably knew about their financial situation and took advantage of them in a desperate time," Hackel told WWJ-AM on Monday. "Marilou is dead as a result of this guy wanting some money."

Sure doesn't sound like they were hurting financially to me!

Marilou Johnson, 50, disappeared from her spacious Washington Township home in the early morning of June 14, 2007. Johnson had not been seen since she was in her brick home she shared with her three sons ages 15, 16 and 20, a maid and her boyfriend of two years. The house used to be owned by former Red Wings player Dino Ciccarelli.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070626/NEWS03/70626031

LOL -- LE's "satisfaction" rarely counts with me -- I'm Miss Suspicious -- I've seen way too many cases where LE misses the boat -- I live on the same block as 3 LE individuals who work for 3 different entities, and to say they are not too bright is being KIND. Yes, good-hearted in most ways, and brave to be sure, but really lackadaisical and really devoid of curiosity about the cases they work...:crazy:

LOL -- LE's "satisfaction" rarely counts with me -- I'm Miss Suspicious -- I've seen way too many cases where LE misses the boat -- I live on the same block as 3 LE individuals who work for 3 different entities, and to say they are not too bright is being KIND. Yes, good-hearted in most ways, and brave to be sure, but really lackadaisical and really devoid of curiosity about the cases they work...:crazy:
I cannot disagree.

Here it is from Foxnews

I saw this ticker on my local station and my heart stopped; I thought it was Lisa Stebic the way it was worded :(

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286734,00.html

"Divers recovered a body Tuesday morning from a suburban Detroit lake believed to be that of a missing Michigan woman who authorities say was murdered by her plumber for diamond jewelry.
Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said he believed the corpse is Marilou Johnson, a 50-year-old mother of three missing since June 14. The body was found wrapped in a blanket and weighted down with cinder blocks 30 feet below the surface of Cass Lake in Oakland County's West Bloomfield Township."

MG

This is such a tragedy--A woman alone in a huge secluded Mansion--One look at this mansion and you know there was probably some valuable stuff inside--and this scum decided to take advantage of the situation--She never should have been alone

that's the even scarier part, according to at least one news source, her boyfriend and at least one of her children were at home at the time. that's what originally threw everyone for a loop and why it was searched out whether or not she left the country, because noone at the home heard or seen anything out of the ordinary.

Convictions and a life-in-prison sentence have been upheld for a man who stabbed to death a Washington Township woman in her driveway, according to a ruling by the state Court of Appeals.

David Wright, 39, of Richmond, was found guilty of felony murder, kidnapping and larceny in June 2008 by a Macomb County Circuit Court jury, and sentenced by Judge Richard Caretti to life without a chance for parole. Wright stabbed Marilou Johnson, 50, in June 2007 outside the $2 million home she shared with her boyfriend, Roger Blanchard.
http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/2009/12/24/news/srv0000007163086.txt

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708