Please Consider this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solace

Reaction score
This may not be the right place to post this, but I am hoping all will understand and if we could get some help from the powers that be, it would be much appreciated..

I think this is a great board with lots of information and for the most part, excellent posters. Rarely, do I see anyone who has not contributed in some way, either by disagreeing or agreeing, and therefore a whole new line of discussion happens, which is noteworthy.

I just learned that because of a change in an e-mail address, any long-standing poster can be banned, because there is a list of "not wanted" addresses. Unfortunately, this is sometimes due to something beyond the poster's control and I would like to suggest that some latitude be given to those posters who have been here and have been posting without incident and also have given some valuable insight to the case. I would hate to lose someone just because his or her e-mail has been changed.

Can't a list be made of those who are here already and respected and if such a change is made, that poster will be given the latitude he or she deserves.

Thanks for your attention. Solace

This may not be the right place to post this, but I am hoping all will understand and if we could get some help from the powers that be, it would be much appreciated..

I think this is a great board with lots of information and for the most part, excellent posters. Rarely, do I see anyone who has not contributed in some way, either by disagreeing or agreeing, and therefore a whole new line of discussion happens, which is noteworthy.

I just learned that because of a change in an e-mail address, any long-standing poster can be banned, because there is a list of "not wanted" addresses. Unfortunately, this is sometimes due to something beyond the poster's control and I would like to suggest that some latitude be given to those posters who have been here and have been posting without incident and also have given some valuable insight to the case. I would hate to lose someone just because his or her e-mail has been changed.

Can't a list be made of those who are here already and respected and if such a change is made, that poster will be given the latitude he or she deserves.

Thanks for your attention. Solace

I know the poster that you are referring to...they did contact the administrator....but, I don't know if they heard anything back.

I know the poster that you are referring to...they did contact the administrator....but, I don't know if they heard anything back.

Really nice and I would hate to see this person gone. Truly.

Solace, I'm guessing here, but has this poster gone to a web-based (i.e. hotmail or yahoo) email address, or something?

Solace, I'm guessing here, but has this poster gone to a web-based (i.e. hotmail or yahoo) email address, or something?

Hello All,

I believe I am the person Solace and Ames are referring to. I've already contacted coloradokares, however, since my e-mail address is banned, I have no idea whether CK will receive it or not.

Neither the old or new e-dress was hotmail or yahoo or other disguised e-mail address.

Thanks to all for their concern.

Hello All,

I believe I am the person Solace and Ames are referring to. I've already contacted coloradokares, however, since my e-mail address is banned, I have no idea whether CK will receive it or not.

Neither the old or new e-dress was hotmail or yahoo or other disguised e-mail address.

Are the powers that be listening to us? Please!!

Hello All,

I did get it thanks I hope we can see you soon. :dance: I see a moderator is looking into it at last word. CK

I'm confused. I don't have a hotmail or yahoo address, but why would it be a problem if anyone did? Is there a problem with those providers as far as compatibility with the board?

I'm confused. I don't have a hotmail or yahoo address, but why would it be a problem if anyone did? Is there a problem with those providers as far as compatibility with the board?

I'm not exactly sure, but I think it has something to do with keeping people from posting under more than one hat, or signing up as someone else once banned... that type of thing.

Oh I see. I am on the eBay boards, too and EVERYONE there has lots of IDs. Makes it crazy. And when they carry on confrontational conversations with themselves it REALLY makes me crazy.

Oh I see. I am on the eBay boards, too and EVERYONE there has lots of IDs. Makes it crazy. And when they carry on confrontational conversations with themselves it REALLY makes me crazy.

LOL!! I've seen that, too! Isn't it odd what some folks do?? :D

The reason why some e-mail addys are not allowed is because they are "anonymous". WS has a set of procedures in place which have been worked out with the help of our lawyers and technical advisors so that we can provide the highest level of protection for the forum and its members. We don't ask members to pay or to provide a list of personal information. All we require is that members use an e-mail account which is not "anonymous" so that in the unlikely event that we need to trace a troublemaker, we can do so.

We cannot make different rules for different members and although it is fair to say that some members have proved themselves to be well-behaved over time, given the high number of our membership, it would be an administrative nightmare to assess each case on its own merit. (It's not unknown for a long-standing member to go "off the rails" too!)

We hope that members will understand that this rule is for the good of the forum.

Moderators

The reason why some e-mail addys are not allowed is because they are "anonymous". WS has a set of procedures in place which have been worked out with the help of our lawyers and technical advisors so that we can provide the highest level of protection for the forum and its members. We don't ask members to pay or to provide a list of personal information. All we require is that members use an e-mail account which is not "anonymous" so that in the unlikely event that we need to trace a troublemaker, we can do so.

We cannot make different rules for different members and although it is fair to say that some members have proved themselves to be well-behaved over time, given the high number of our membership, it would be an administrative nightmare to assess each case on its own merit. (It's not unknown for a long-standing member to go "off the rails" too!)

We hope that members will understand that this rule is for the good of the forum.

Moderators

I understand your rules but my e-mail address isn't anonymous.

Moderators
Thanks for explanation. I for one am grateful for the protection from those whose intent is to harass, there are those troublemakers and they complicate things for us all. Thanks for the goodwork you do in protecting us. Thanks again coloradokares

Thanks for explanation. I for one am grateful for the protection from those whose intent is to harass, there are those troublemakers and they complicate things for us all. Thanks for the goodwork you do in protecting us. Thanks again coloradokares

CK, while I appreciate the explanation as well, it still doesn't explain why my e-mail address is blocked because I don't have an anonymous address. I certainly have not harassed any one, caused trouble, or complicated anything. I don't expect to have exceptions made for me but based on the Moderator's statement, I don't fit the exclusion claim.

CK, while I appreciate the explanation as well, it still doesn't explain why my e-mail address is blocked because I don't have an anonymous address. I certainly have not harassed any one, caused trouble, or complicated anything. I don't expect to have exceptions made for me but based on the Moderator's statement, I don't fit the exclusion claim.

I agree that you have done nothing to create the situation. I just undertstand that harrasment by those who would come only to be hateful trolls have to be stopped. I personally went through living hell thanks to one in particular, the grief was not bearable. I am sure more than one forum member remembers that. I am grateul that they were able to stop that for me and double grateful they did. Sorry that hurts good people .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46