CANADA Canada - Orey Steinmann, 3, Red Deer, AB, 28 May 1989

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Authorities arrested the mother of a 17-year-old boy who saw his picture on a missing children's Web site and discovered that he was allegedly abducted from Canada 14 years ago.

Acting on a Canadian-issued warrant, U.S. marshals arrested Giselle-Marie Goudreault, 45, at her home in the San Fernando Valley. She was being held without bail until Canadian authorities can extradite her on child abduction charges, authorities said.

Goudreault "was shocked and very emotional" during the February 11 arrest, said Jimell Griffin, a deputy U.S. Marshall in Los Angeles. The boy's father had custody of his son, and Griffin said Goudreault did not return him after a court-ordered visit.

The boy spotted his own photo, taken when he was 3, on a Canadian missing children's Web site a few months ago and told a teacher about it, authorities said. The teacher contacted police, who then confirmed the story with Canadian authorities.

Story from CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/02/18/missing.teen.ap/index.html

Casshew, you find the most interesting stuff!!! This poor kid. Can you imagine how bad he feels seeing his mother arrested (ain't saying she didn't deserve it though)??? What a mess.

I saw that article online this morning, but wasn't quite sure where it belonged. I saw another (didn't know where to put it either) about 2 little girls that were missing from Sherman, TX. They were 7 and 9. They were found the next morning in a field of brush scared to death. They had runaway because the 9 year old got in trouble the night before and was sent to her room. Here's the link if you're interested.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/state/021704_APstate_girls.html

Brandy, everytime I see one of your posts, your pic just makes me smile!!! You're so adorable!

LP Moderator said:
Brandy, everytime I see one of your posts, your pic just makes me smile!!! You're so adorable!

Thanks, you're a sweetie. I've been told my smile is my best feature.

My heart goes out to this poor boy. Through no fault of his own, his mother is now in jail. I am sure he feels responsible, and he will be returned to a man who is his father, but whom he does not know. That boy and his dad have missed so many years together.

LP Moderator said:
Casshew, you find the most interesting stuff!!! This poor kid. Can you imagine how bad he feels seeing his mother arrested (ain't saying she didn't deserve it though)??? What a mess.
That is a mess. Just Imagine though, getting online and finding a photo of yourself which say's that you are missing. Would shock my mind!

maketoast said:
Just Imagine though, getting online and finding a photo of yourself which say's that you are missing.
WOW... I better go check on me :eek: ;)

Be interesting to find out WHY the boy's father had custody. Poor kid, living in a foster home now. I wonder if the missing children website said why the boy was abducted, or if he didn't know that his mother was really his mother.

The boy's father lives in a city just north of where I live, this story has been on the news for the last few days. Apparently, the boy will be 18 in a couple of months, and will possibly not have to come back to Canada to live with his dad. The dad has been speaking out, saying that he realizes that the boy may not want to stay with him, but the whole family (Grandparents, aunts, etc) still loves him, and wants him to be a part of their lives. They are leaving the decision up to the boy.
The parents were never married, and when they split up, the dad won custody. The mother says it's because his family has money, and is an influential family. I don't know if I believe her story, but one never knows. We will probably not get all of the details on this case here in Alberta, as our laws prevent names/certain details from being released because it involves a minor. Even when the boy turns 18, it will still not be released.
Apparently, the boy found his picture close to a year ago and told his teacher then. She called the authorites, and they have been investigating since. The authorties contacted the boy's family up here, but didn't tell them where/when the boy was found, only that they had a very good lead on him.
It's pretty interesting, for sure. Apparently, when the mother took off from here, she only told a handful of people what she was doing, but no specifics incase they were questioned by the police.
This is an article from an Edmonton paper, it's really interesting:

Edmonton Sun Article

Another link that I came across...

Additional Info

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members