886 users online (132 members and 754 guests)  

Websleuths News

Home is where the....

A Singapore company has been found guilty of housing its foreign workers in a toilet.
    These poor people must have been desperate for employment.....it really irks me to see workers treated badly.
    Please excuse the headline our Aussie news decided to go with .
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=275785

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    A Singapore company has been found guilty of housing its foreign workers in a toilet.
    These poor people must have been desperate for employment.....it really irks me to see workers treated badly.
    Please excuse the headline our Aussie news decided to go with .
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=275785
    How inhumane, the punishment handed out in my opinion was nowhere near enough for what they did to these people. Hope they are housed somewhere safer and cleaner.

They,ll proberly have to go back to where they came from

This is just wrong. I feel sad and angry that those poor souls were treated worse than criminals in prison. I don't understand why the fine was only $5,786.00. Am I missing something?

Lion

Its sad allround Kimba......these people proberly thought they were going to better themselves and they end up living in a toilet.

Its sad allround Kimba......these people proberly thought they were going to better themselves and they end up living in a toilet.
    Sadder yet, living in the toilet was probably better housing than what they left behind. Misteating & exploiting the poorest of the poor always burns me.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    Sadder yet, living in the toilet was probably better housing than what they left behind. Misteating & exploiting the poorest of the poor always burns me.
    Me, too Sadie, more than I can stand it, really. and, I bet your right about those poor souls having it better living in the bathroom than they did prior to that. Too sad.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    Youre proberly right Sadie Mae and they proberly spent all they had to get there.

Youre proberly right Sadie Mae and they proberly spent all they had to get there.
    Ugh, you are probably right, dingo. Those poor people may have spent all they had to get there.

Lion