886 users online (132 members and 754 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720

    Home is where the....

    A Singapore company has been found guilty of housing its foreign workers in a toilet.
    These poor people must have been desperate for employment.....it really irks me to see workers treated badly.
    Please excuse the headline our Aussie news decided to go with .
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=275785

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,413
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    A Singapore company has been found guilty of housing its foreign workers in a toilet.
    These poor people must have been desperate for employment.....it really irks me to see workers treated badly.
    Please excuse the headline our Aussie news decided to go with .
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=275785
    How inhumane, the punishment handed out in my opinion was nowhere near enough for what they did to these people. Hope they are housed somewhere safer and cleaner.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    They,ll proberly have to go back to where they came from

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,605
    This is just wrong. I feel sad and angry that those poor souls were treated worse than criminals in prison. I don't understand why the fine was only $5,786.00. Am I missing something?

    Lion

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    Its sad allround Kimba......these people proberly thought they were going to better themselves and they end up living in a toilet.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    4,437
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Its sad allround Kimba......these people proberly thought they were going to better themselves and they end up living in a toilet.
    Sadder yet, living in the toilet was probably better housing than what they left behind. Misteating & exploiting the poorest of the poor always burns me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,605
    Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    Sadder yet, living in the toilet was probably better housing than what they left behind. Misteating & exploiting the poorest of the poor always burns me.
    Me, too Sadie, more than I can stand it, really. and, I bet your right about those poor souls having it better living in the bathroom than they did prior to that. Too sad.

    Lion

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    Sadder yet, living in the toilet was probably better housing than what they left behind. Misteating & exploiting the poorest of the poor always burns me.
    Youre proberly right Sadie Mae and they proberly spent all they had to get there.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,605
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Youre proberly right Sadie Mae and they proberly spent all they had to get there.
    Ugh, you are probably right, dingo. Those poor people may have spent all they had to get there.

    Lion



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 879
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 06:38 PM
  2. Replies: 320
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 02:49 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 04:48 PM
  4. THIS IS MY NEW HOME.... all welcome
    By blueclouds in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 10:46 AM